357 replies to this topic

#121 Magos Titanicus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 282 posts
  • LocationSagittarius A

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:14 PM

1) What is it that you like about the UI 2.0 Preview? (Please enter as many items as you wish.)

- mech preview is fast and very nice (light effects). I also like the ability of turning the mech around, for camo inspections.

2) What do you like least about the UI 2.0 Preview?

- it is NOT clear
- missing: loadout summary, amount of ammo, weapons, heatsinks, the engine (can see just the speed, which is good), BAP, Case... all is missing or not visible in one view
- i dont mind the accelartion / decelartion information, or torso twist angles. would prefer the things mentioned before!
- hover sound is annoying (just leave it)

3) What are your impressions of the Social system in the Front-End?

- looks like the same before

4) What are your impressions of the Store menus in the Front-End?

- I cannot see a mechs loadout which i can buy! I can see a Yen-Lo-Wang and a price for instance, but not what its loadout is?!

5) What are your impressions of the in-game interface?
i think it is technically pretty fluid and runs stable on my rig.

6) Any other comments or concerns?

- Some very important features are simply not there!
The most important thing is a loadout summary for the mechs!

- i don't like clicking on each part on the left go to the right and adjust the amount of armor and start over
i cannot rename a mech!

- One last thing, is this invalid bar on all items which can not be equipped, besides it is ugly. You could instead of putting a bar over it, allow to be equipped ( i mean everything, weapons, engines etc) and only when i want to save that build, then there should be the checkout and billing.

Edited by Magos Titanicus, 16 January 2014 - 12:15 PM.

#122 Toadflakz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 116 posts

1) What is it that you like about the UI 2.0 Preview? (Please enter as many items as you wish.)

It's very pretty.

Some serious HCI issues. Mechlab Checkout box being bottom left breaks visual scan rules (left to right, top to bottom). Not outlining and highlighting essential info (i.e. Armor, hardpoint info (just symbols? when no-one knows what those symbols are? Really?)). Menu system is still very clunky. Mech lab interface is HORRIBLE.

N/A

Still not orderable by name/alphabetical order/custom ordering. Still overly cluttered with info. Marking something as invalid is no help.

Buggy. Not able to chat before drop in all 3 drops I was in tonight.

PLEASE add an overview where it shows base weapon and ammo stats as well as firepower, etc: i.e. 5 X ML, 1 X AC5 (100 rounds), 3 X SRM4 (300 rounds), 12 x DHS, 1 x AMS (1000 rounds) - A PROPER summary of the loadout.

PLEASE add "Strip mech" and "Max armor" functionality and even maybe even "Stock loadout".

PLEASE Filter the Ammo available to load into a mech by what is actually in the loadout (i.e. if you only have SRM4 and AC5 on your mech, only show SRM ammo and AC5 ammo). Or an option (checkbox?) to turn that filter on/off.

#123 vetal l

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 583 posts
  • LocationVRGD

it has a big mech... thats all.

mech building process. I cannot see how many slots left. I cannot see properties of items (weight, slots) until i mouse-over it.
second thing is patterns and colors changing.

does not check.

i wish to see selected store mech at the right place instead of last selected owned mech.

doesn't check.

it almost total failure.mechlab part at least.

#124 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

View PostNiko Snow, on 15 January 2014 - 10:29 AM, said:

• I liked the new font,
  • I liked that you toned down the beeping somewhat,
  • I liked that chat isn't broken,
  • I like that you can see what mechs your group is running.

• The navigation of the mechlab is too cumbersome. Needs much more streamlining. I have to go through too many steps for small things.
  • The chat UI needs work. First off, it was confusing when my group chat overrode my private chat. It took me a while to figure out how to pop my group chat over it. I would like more indication that one of my chat windows has new messages. I would also like some flexibility with it so I could drag chat windows around to a more convenient spot.
  • Speaking of Social. I dislike how I can't play around in my mechlab when I'm talking. I should be able to text and customize simultaneously.
  • Mechlab needs a better save/checkout feature. The one we have now is a bit hard to notice.
Edit: One more little thing about the cockpit glass. When I'm fully zomed in and moving the cockpit glass seems to move in a strange up and down fashion that just seems off.

Edited by Jman5, 16 January 2014 - 12:19 PM.

#125 Kaeseblock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 258 posts
  • LocationEU / Deutschland

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:15 PM

• the design
  • the store
  • the inventory
  • filters for owned mechs

The Mechlab!
  • still no mech-paperdoll to view the complete loadout of a mech at once
  • no component selection via clicking on the mech shown on the right side of the screen
  • no overview over skins and colors anymore and no fast selection via scrollbar and clicking on a color -> coloring a mech basically became a pain in the ***
And that there is no hardpoint configuration visible when buying a mech (had to go to smurfy to check the hardpoint types and locations of the different mechs)

• looks good

• looks good

• same as the current in-game interface, buttons in the ESC-Menu could be bigger (resolution 1920x1080)

• UI2.0 ran stable for me, some minor bugs aside (e.g. missing "Home" button)
  • the Mechlab MUST become more user friendly and quicker to navigate
  • when buying a new mech without owning an empty mechbay, it should be possible to buy mech and mechbay as a bundle (click on "buy mech" in the store while owning 0 mechbays -> popup: "You need to buy a new mechbay to purchase this mech" with a checkbox "[ ] Buy new mechbay for 300MC" (checkbox empty by default) and a greyed out "Buy" button -> once the user clicks on the checkbox a cross appears inside ([x]) and the "Buy" button gets enabled)

Edit: restructured to make reading easier

Edited by Kaeseblock, 16 January 2014 - 12:16 PM.

#126 Gyrefalcon

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationColorado, USA

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:15 PM

1) What is it that you like about the UI 2.0 Preview?

I got in late and was cut off, but it certainly look pretty. Seems to be alot of info available.

I couldn't figure out how to modify my mech. I will hit the afternoon session and see what happens.

The text is really small and the color doesn't contrast the background much. Also several of my friends were missing. But none were on at the time to check the add part.

Didn't get that far.

Only tried the testing grounds.

My first time testing, so it was a little cumbersome. Hoping to have better luck this afternoon.

#127 Dth2Vwls

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:16 PM

I like being able to sort my mechs. I also like how I can see what chassis people in my group are bringing.

Mech customization feel really clunky. To improve it:
-Move the mech info from the lower right up to the top of the page, and make it larger
-Have the mechlab display a summary of what's loaded on the mech including number of weapons and ammo types and quantities
-Include a "strip mech" button to take all equipment off
-Give the option to display the contents of all components simultaneously
-Display the number of open critical slots
-Have a tooltip popup saying what type of hardpoint each icon is. In particular, the AMS icon isn't very intuitive.

The camo spec selector is really slow to use - it takes too long to find colors/patterns. Please let it display more color options on the screen at a time, instead of having to use arrows to navigate. A proper palette showing all colors in a category that you could toggle between "owned" and "all" would be ideal. Additionally, the placement of the selection tool blocks the view of small mechs like the Commando and Jenner.

Being able to see what mechs my group mates have is very helpful. It would be nice if I could keep the chat window open while I do other things like customize mechs. Failing that, if I could switch back out of the chat window by just clicking outside of it instead of having to hit the tiny "X" in the social tab.

The interface is inconsistent in that sometimes it gives me similar options in a thumbnail view and sometimes in a list. I would like to be able to set each screen to give me the format that I desire, and for the UI to remember that choice. An example of this is the mech selection screen in the skills menu vs. the mechlab mech selection screen.

I couldn't see mech hardpoints and gear loadouts in the store. The hardpoints in particular are really important; I had to consult a player made website to figure out which mechs were which.

The in-game was good. I like the new fonts. Cockpit glass effect was too pronounced on one of the three mechs that I piloted - the Orion.

I couldn't find a way to rename my mechs.

#128 Sharp Spikes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationSochi, Russia

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:16 PM

It looks better than the old one.

The Mechlab.
It is (still) terribad and the person who designed it should feel bad:
can't see how much crit space left;
can't see how many heatsinks are installed;
can't see summary on hardpoints and their locations on a mech;
can't see all installed weapons;
can't see how much ammo is loaded and in which locations it is placed;
can't see if CASE is equipped or not without opening LT/RT;
can't filter owned engines from all engines list;
etc; etc.

None of my friends were online, so I have no impressions. Button that opens a friend list is too small and placed very inconveniently.

Ah, the most important part of the UI 2.0... Well, my impression is that it will do.

If you mean "in-game" as in "in-cockpit", then I didn't notice any changes. If you mean something else, then I understood the question wrong.

Stop ignoring feedback from your community. Fix the ******* mechlab.

Edited by Sharp Spikes, 16 January 2014 - 12:17 PM.

#129 Fonix

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:17 PM

1)
  • Full screen main menu
  • art work is much better
  • more stats about things and descriptions
2)
  • hovering over things to see stats (rather have it so you click to see stats and descriptions of things, being able to compare things would be nice)
  • the way the loadout screen is organised, you really need what mechwarrior 4 had, its hard to get an overall picture of what your mech has at a glance
  • not being able to see the max range of weapons in the stats, the graph only gives you a rough estimate of optimal and max ranges
3)

didnt get a chance to use this properly

4)

good overall impression, it seems more organised, but need a better way of getting an overview of your mechs loadout at a glance, especially when you are in the mechlab and are just browsing your mechs, i dont want to have to click configure to see what my mech has equipped and even then i have to dig through the loadout to be able to see what it has equipped

lots of wasted real estate in the loadout screen, the list of weapons is quite small usually, and the rest of the screen is just a blank grey space, cut the list in half. underneath it stick the weapon stats and other bits that overlap your mech on the right normally, then chuck a quick overview type thing overlaying the mech on the right and allow the user to click on the different parts of the mech to be able to configure that limb instead of the list on the very left.

5)

in game interface seems barely changed, nothing really needed changing through, just some UI graphics to keep it aligned with the main menu

6)

when we are selecting game modes, allow us to tick more than one. i want to search for assault and conquest only but at the moment you can only search for one

please include a way to select match size, i would like to play in 4v4, 8v8 and 12v12 (4v4 should have 1 of each weight class in the team)

also dont let the user launch the game if he has configured a bunch of stuff in the mechlab and then clicks play, it should have a popup asking the user if they want to proceed and lose their unsaved configuration

inventory button on the main landing page seems silly, this should be in the mechlab surely

Edited by Fonix, 16 January 2014 - 12:21 PM.

#130 Hurrey

• PipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 29 posts
  • LocationU.K

What is it that you like about the UI 2.0 Preview?
Overall art direction is better. Visual information about mech stats is nice too. Full screen mechlab is awesome.

What do you like least about the UI 2.0 Preview?
The font for all the text also in game. You can't reorganise mech locations in the hanger. Can't rename mechs.

What are your impressions of the Social system in the Front-End?
Cleaner than the current version. Didn’t really get to test as came in late.

What are your impressions of the Store menus in the Front-End?
Store button only loaded one window with some mechs nothing to indicate it was a full store. Two blank windows. Purchase items for mechs and mechs themselves seems fine. The checkout function at the end was a welcome addition

What are your impressions of the in-game interface?
I struggle to see what is different from the last iteration of UI 2.0. I was hoping for a more customizable offering. You can't seem to move the mech cards around at all only set the order by pre-set filters. It does look vastly better than the current version. Mech lighting is nice in the bay. I do find that when looking at cockpit and camo/paints it feels a bit cluttered. Having menus and options over what you are looking at working on doesn’t feel or look good to me.

Any other comments or concerns?
If you can add user customizable filters for mechs and gear that would be great, otherwise it looks better than the current version. Something nice would be the ability of compare the mech sheets (the pop up with the bits about torso and arm angles and ranges).

Edited by Hurrey, 16 January 2014 - 12:19 PM.

#131 MagResPolarBear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 261 posts
  • LocationBrighton, UK

It's pretty.

It feels overcomplicated and it's difficult to get an overview. It doesn't show what weapons I currently have on my 'Mech, and I couldn't get an overview of what the hardpoints were on any of them. I feel that you need to click far too many buttons to achieve anything, e.g. installing new weapons on a 'Mech. Most of the equipment is hidden too deep in tabs, and the fonts make it difficult to read what's currently mounted.

I have none. I spent most of the test time trying to re-invite my friend because he wasn't showing up in my friends list.

How do you tell the loadout of a 'Mech before you buy it?

I didn't get to see it because I was too busy dealing with the social interface.

Please don't switch to this; it's worse than the current U.I. It's pretty, but not functional.

#132 Schrotti369

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 4 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:18 PM

The one thing that basically is mentioning on a positiv note is the polished graphical look on some parts. Some of the functionallities like filtering skills are nice additions.

I could not use any of the interesting features. Aas soon as i clicked "Mechlab", "Inventory" or "select mech" the client closed itself. I could browse the shop, look at the skills tab or start a game with THE ONE preselected mech.The UI itself is to complicated at times, to many clicks to get where you want. Important information is hard to find and unimportant information is all over the place. Over all i have the feeling this ui build is optically polished but functionally totally broken.

It is worse than before. You have the same functions, only optically polished. Some of the old stuff even does not work. This is one of the worst disapointment of thei public ui 2.0 test.

The firltering function is nice. Other than that i have the same issues with it that i have with the ganeral ui. the importat info is presented in a hard to find, complicated way. Why does there have to be a line that says "owned" and in the small box after that i tells you how many of the chassy you own. Ofc there are ppl who have more than one of a specific chassis, but to most ppl it is more important if yopu have that chassis or not. So the line that says "Owned" is misleading, you have to see the box after that to know if you own the chassis or not. In my opinion this is utter BS.

As good and functional as in the live game, just some more fancy fonts and polished windows. A slight improvement over what we have right now.

You should really work on what is important with a new ui and that is funtionallity and not graphical appearance.

Pardon my french, but i´m no native speaker.

#133 Monky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,219 posts
  • LocationHypothetical Warrior

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:18 PM

I like the big display of your mech in the front end
I like the cleaner general look although in some places it goes too far, where some things that need to stand out don't stand out
I like the more visible icons however it is difficult to tell mechs apart at a glance in the mech bay/store as well as difficult to tell if I own it or not.

Information everywhere and the screen real estate is poorly used. It's hard to orient yourself to where to look and how to select what you want. For instance, the mech itself which should be the centerpiece of mech customization, is crammed off to the right side. Information overlaps onto the mech and that info is difficult to read (especially against the olive green default camo - try an Atlas and you will see what I mean, regarding the info in the bottom left corner of the mech display). Too much space is spent on 'dead' art assets like weapons icons which could be 1/4th the size they are and just as effective.

Was not able to test in round 1

They seem ok, some of the 'buy' options are confusing as to whether it is an MC or CBill purchase as they used the same 'golden' buy button, and the cbill iconis hard to see. MC icon looks like it says AC or NC instead of MC, which can also be confusing. Some items (endo steel in particular) did not have a confirmation prompt when purchasing in the upgrades area. Once again, screen real estate is poorly used and there is too much use of the same color causing it to be difficult to distinguish and it blends together, it is hard to quickly identify different ammo types etc. I would suggest BIGGER TEXT and SMALLER PICTURES and MORE COLOR VARIETY as a priority for the store inventories.

Seemed slightly crisper in missions, other than that didn't notice any real difference. In mechlab, lots of menus don't work naturally, you can't minimize anything you don't want to see, and functionality present in 1.5 is missing in 2.0 like being able to double click to add or remove an item during customization. Also, the 'paper doll' needs to come back it is pretty tedious to customize a mech with the menu on the left side. Something more central would be appreciated.

Please polish this a lot more. It is not ready for primetime. Get it to at least the level of UI 1.5 before pushing it out, and clean up some of the odd sound effects (like the beep when adding/removing armor, it is really annoying.)

Edited by Monky, 16 January 2014 - 12:22 PM.

#134 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:19 PM

View PostNiko Snow, on 15 January 2014 - 10:29 AM, said:

Graphics improvement.. that's all.

Mechlab, and not actually taking heed of ANY of the feedback from the previous two tests.

I'm not sure what to make of it after having had very few friends that I play with on. It feels like UI 1.0 where I have NO CLUE if I'm being messaged to not. It feels like Open Beta all over again.

It's bad, and you should feel bad that the focus is still not where it needs to be... the game.
The fact that the store is the most important issue in UI 2.0... your priorities are broken.

What hasn't been said that hadn't been said in the previous UI 2.0 alpha tests? The mechlab sets the MW series back a decade or two. It's worse than it was before. Since none of the issues were addressed previously (outside of stability and rules), I'm not sure the current mechlab interface is even good for primetime.

It's bad, and you should feel bad.

Are you taking anyone's feedback seriously?

#135 MegaZordTrololo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 166 posts

I like the new way your mech is presented within the mechlab and home screens (i.e the rendered mech).

The layout and workflow of the new mechlab are inferior to UI 1.0.

Firstly a mech paperdoll of mech sections is far more intuitive to use than the new vertical list.

Secondly it is far more convenient to have all components and all equipment types (engine, heatsink, weapon, ammo etc..) grouped in one permanent spot.

Finally, the grid style of presenting equipment is less readable than a simple vertical list. A vertical list would also be more compact, stopping so much screen real estate being wasted in the center. The critical slot space (where you place equipment on the mech) should not be across the screen from the mech section list, it makes things far more awkward.

Only got to see the friends list, can't give any real feedback here. (It seemed OK)

Didn't see much wrong, other than a glaring lack of hardpoint information when buying a mech.

Slick, but functionally inferior to the current UI 1.0.

Please do not tone down the Cockpit Glass effect when it goes live. It looked good to me in its current state, an opinion held by most people I came across while playing matches. If you do plan on toning the effect down, then the ability for the player to choose the strength of the effect in the settings would be appreciated.

#136 Spunkmeyer

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 73 posts
  • LocationChicago IL, cReddit Merc Corp

1) What is it that you like about the UI 2.0 Preview?
Looks good, professional. The mech weight filters are very helpful. New loading screens are shiney. I like the mech stats that show individual turning radios and such. Would be nice to have a compare function.

Mech customization and work flow. It is impossible to tell the loadout of a mech without going into the customize tab and digging through the components. The old UI had a readout of all the equipment loaded on to the mech, and mousing over an item [2 PPC] would show the location [‘#2’ hovering over left arm]. This is the most glaring shortcoming I saw.

Social Button needs to be more obvious. Ideally you would click the same button to minimize the group interface and return to the mechlab

It is nice the owned camo colors show up first, but I don’t like having to scroll through them and would rather manually select from a list. Need quick way of globally striping modules so you don’t have to look for them.

Cockpit glass looks good; I wish there were damage effects like cracks and oil [I did not observe any]

Can we have the ability to rearrange mechs on the menu? Like a drag and drop? Or perhaps a Custom tab [similar to the old ‘ready’ list of four mechs]

Edited by Spunkmeyer, 16 January 2014 - 12:20 PM.

#137 NinetyProof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:20 PM

Appears to be sharper fonts and a general "cleanness" to options

I hate the mech lab ... in particular the whole: What the hell am I actuall working on, at this particular moment. The left hand nav is just a *list* of stuff and what is choosen doesn't stand out enough. The right hand "controls" are likewise small and hardish to view with the mech in the background, it needs more "white space" and needs to be larger.

At minimum, there needs to be a clear breadcrumb at the top of the area your working on that shows the area your working on: Mech -> Torso -> Engine

Better yet, is a "paper doll" that shows what your working on ... frankly the utter lack of a paper doll at all really shows how out of touch the design team is.

There were times when I could not chat in the drop lobby. Otherwise the same old same old.

The store options are too small. They are also on the "wrong side". Nobody puts a "shopping cart" in the bottom left hand corner ... everybody has been trained by _ALL_ sites that store options / check outs are on the right hand side.

Plus, in the context of the mech lab, the store options are where a "save" button would be ... but both "save" (which I could not find) and "cart' options should be on the right hand side.

When in full resolution, boxes floating in the middle make it appear disjointed. Instead of floating option boxes in the middle, especially small one, left anchor them so they are more like fly out menus.

In general, log out vs options being very small and in the far left / right makes the eye travel to far to see them. Plus, again, "user controls" are generally never in the lower right hand corner ... there are always in the upper right corner. The only time actions like that are near the bottom is when they are focal points.

6) Any other comments or concerns?[color=#959595] [/color]

Generally, it appears the placement of elements in the UI was done with utter disregard to conventional wisdom. The InterWebZ has trained people to look in certain areas of a computer screen for certain type of infomation. When we don't find that information in those spots, and then we can't find it at all, we are left "uncomfortable".

While I think the UI is cleaner in general, if I were grading the site on useability, it would get a big fat F. All that is glitter is not gold ... need to be back to basics and learn that "white space" is actually a color that needs to be used. Put things where they belong, introduce more "white space" and stop tracking the eye all the way left, then all the way right a majority of the time.

Eye Tracking ... it's not just a good idea ...

#138 Dadrick

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 67 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:21 PM

• This implementation of of the UI seems to be quite stable.
  • Being able to filter my mechs is a nice feature.
  • Why is it only possible to sell mechs from the inventory screen? It would be nice if this could also be done from the mechlab.
  • There is currently no way to view a mech's loadout or hardpoints without opening the mech for editing.
  • There does not appear to be a way of tracking the first victory of the day.
  • The equipment pane in the mechlab does not indicate the weight of the equipment.
  • Modules are far more difficult to manage with the new UI implementation.
  • Mechlab as a whole is still messy and inefficient.
  • Did not get to try it.
  • Pre-match chat system did not work.
  • Appears to be functional.
  • It is as functional as the existing UI.
  • My biggest concern with regard to UI2.0 is how it seems to offer the player less information even though there is more of it on the screen. For example, mousing over a mech in the mechlab will tell you all about it's pitch and yaw, but it won't tell you anything about currently equipped weapons or available hardpoints.

Edited by Dadrick, 16 January 2014 - 12:23 PM.

#139 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:22 PM

Fullscreen (1920x1200 for me)
Stylish
Keeps the GPU running cool
Weapon Group Configurator
Big list of Mechs
Inventory

Mechlab (old one is better)
Camo Spec (old one is way better - the new is a big pain to use)
To many Mouse-Clicks for anything
Lack of central overview for Mech data (i.e. no Hardpoints in the Mechstats)
Fontsize is to small (needs increased by x2 or x3)
Trials listed under "Owned Mechs"´
Skilltree Level for sold Mechs is not shown

It worked to unblock a Player (did not do more as it took more than 1 hour to buy and Outfit a Mech and played 2 matches)

Nice listing of the Cockpit Items

What ingame Interface?

Gamemodes: I need to mark/unmark more than one Checkbox (Assault + Conquest atm)
Cockpit Glass - i like to see less dust (you stated you tone it down, i know)
"Log Out" and "Settings" need a colour that highlight them.

I feel the new UI can be a progress if you can improve the "Workflow" in the "Mechlab" and "Camo Spec" area who need it the most.

Edited by Thorqemada, 16 January 2014 - 12:25 PM.

#140 PawPaWuFF

• PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:23 PM

nothing really screams "awesome" at me, all feels meh
menu driven top LEFT side alignment ;) can we get some center or partially centered action?
not bad but the massive mouse jumps to open/close it kind of wish the social button could toggle its visibility dont like the false window close button at all
store is ok i can live with it feel like the indicator for owned or not could be better done instead of "owned:0"
the window glare? indifferent though some main windows are transparent (locust) others (hunchback) are a constant glare distraction depending on mech and map light source location (try hunchback in testing ground/hpg manifold with different video settings yuk)
mechlab is terribad,
-general item placement, the part menu (head/sholder) and the populated part display (i have to jump back and forth over the HUGE item list when trying to figure out what the heck is where) why cant we get a unified view of everything in the mech? like how smurfy presents a full paper doll with the current ui i can practically click the part of the mech i want with my periferal vision

lol i originally said top right menu i guess im so trained to refer to the left side of an enemy mech as its right :P that anything related to mwo is backwards lysdexic, i dont want to be the guy stifling creative design but this is a user interface, have 3 people watch over you while you try to change out a few things in the mech as fast as you can for another match :P your eyes/neck will begin to feel what im hinting at

Edited by user5318, 17 January 2014 - 01:19 AM.

56 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 56 guests, 0 anonymous users