Public Test Ui 2.0 - Part 3, Thursday Jan. 16Th

314 replies to this topic

#41 Cyberiad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 342 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:27 PM

I hope they have a better mechlab this time, the mechlab was atrocious in the last test. Won't be around for the actual test but I will look for youtube videos of the new UI afterwards.

#42 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:32 PM

View PostStomp, on 15 January 2014 - 02:46 PM, said:

Headshots commencing, me and my lance will be whittling the armor off our heads to see if it shatters! haha.

It's not destructible yet.

It's just a visual embellishment to make it look more realistic...basically so that it looks like there's actually something protecting the cockpit on the canopy instead of open air.

My guess is that it will just have some grime around the edges and some transparent scuffing/scratches to sell the effect.

#43 xengk

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:44 PM

Jah Bless for public holiday!
I finally get to sit in for the UI2.0 PTS!

#44 Goose

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:17 PM

So: I don't see the Test Client patching. Should I be worried?

#45 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:22 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 15 January 2014 - 01:14 PM, said:

Thursday Jan. 16, between 10am-12pm PST, and again between 4pm-6pm PST

Y'all need to schedule some non-Thursday public tests. Thursday is the one effing day that I cannot attend at all. More days equals more testing and more feedback.

#46 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:33 PM

wow this is taking hours to update

Edited by Mister Blastman, 15 January 2014 - 06:33 PM.

#47 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:36 PM

View PostGoose, on 15 January 2014 - 06:17 PM, said:

Yes. It's not working for you. (Edit: Added two relevant words.)

View PostMister Blastman, on 15 January 2014 - 06:33 PM, said:

wow this is taking hours to update

Restart the transfer. I looked into getting an MWO Repair Tool version for the Public Test Servers. Hopefully, it'll be released soon (and not the normal PGI soon™).

Edited by Deathlike, 15 January 2014 - 07:04 PM.

#48 DerelictTomcat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 245 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:49 PM

View PostGoose, on 15 January 2014 - 06:17 PM, said:

From past experience the test server will patch your client when the test is live.

View PostSiliconLife, on 15 January 2014 - 05:27 PM, said:

I hope they have a better mechlab this time, the mechlab was atrocious in the last test. Won't be around for the actual test but I will look for youtube videos of the new UI afterwards.

I'm putting my money on nothing being changed from the last two tests and the same atrocious lab will be forced down our throats. I'm still hoping to be surprised so I haven't given up yet.

#49 Devil Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:04 PM

View PostDerelictTomcat, on 15 January 2014 - 06:49 PM, said:

From past experience the test server will patch your client when the test is live. I'm putting my money on nothing being changed from the last two tests and the same atrocious lab will be forced down our throats. I'm still hoping to be surprised so I haven't given up yet.

I think I saw a twitter reply where the only thing changes from that mechlab we saw was a smurfy "like" summary... what that entails or shows etc is questionable... but since there was no summary (like the one at the right of our current mechlabs), I think it was the quality of life item that was definitely missing from the last test.

#50 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:08 PM

View PostApostal, on 15 January 2014 - 07:04 PM, said:

I think I saw a twitter reply where the only thing changes from that mechlab we saw was a smurfy "like" summary... what that entails or shows etc is questionable... but since there was no summary (like the one at the right of our current mechlabs), I think it was the quality of life item that was definitely missing from the last test.

Besides the fact that it was clearly missing in the first place (which boggles my mind to begin with), it's actually very important.

I mean, you built the mech and can't remember/figure out the loadout? I guess information is "not important" to some people.

#51 p8ragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 308 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:18 PM

Before you guys pass premature judgement, why don't you WAIT UNTIL YOU ACTUALLY SEE WHAT THINGS LOOK LIKE TOMORROW :mellow:

#52 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:23 PM

View Postp8ragon, on 15 January 2014 - 07:18 PM, said:

Before you guys pass premature judgement, why don't you WAIT UNTIL YOU ACTUALLY SEE WHAT THINGS LOOK LIKE TOMORROW :mellow:

TBH, it's hard to not make said judgements given history. If anything, that'll make my disappoint, less disappointing!

Edited by Deathlike, 15 January 2014 - 07:23 PM.

#53 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:36 PM

Don't you think you might get better feedback if you kept the test server up more than FOUR HOURS?

seriously, i don't understand the methodology being used in setting up your testing, or why the test server is so underutilized.

#54 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:39 PM

View PostRoland, on 15 January 2014 - 07:36 PM, said:

Don't you think you might get better feedback if you kept the test server up more than FOUR HOURS?

seriously, i don't understand the methodology being used in setting up your testing, or why the test server is so underutilized.

Aggressive balancing test server utilizing?

#55 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:39 PM

TBH, they need people actively monitoring progress and mine info in game... whether they actually would pay attention is another matter.

The problem is... like the previous 2.0 alpha tests.. they weren't even letting you drop into a real match... so there is actually no reason to do that in the first place.

Although... this version promises a revamped social system AND I assume v1 (of UI 2.0's) MM/tonnage restriction system... at least we are seeing how that will be "sorted out" (part of the "launch module" if you would).

Edited by Deathlike, 15 January 2014 - 07:40 PM.

#56 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:43 PM

These folks aren't interested in feedback from players. They just want to make sure it won't crash totally. I mean why would they need input from outsiders, it's not like they release things that need hot fixes, have loads of known issues, crash systems, lack balance, or any other issues. Their track record of hitting deadlines, delivering promised features and generally well balanced and bug free releases speak for themselves.
I mean did they implement anything from the last tests? Only feedback wanted is did it crash.

#57 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:46 PM

View PostRG Notch, on 15 January 2014 - 07:43 PM, said:

Only feedback wanted is did it crash.

Yes.

Feedback complete.

#58 anonymous161

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:53 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 15 January 2014 - 05:14 PM, said:

I find that hard to believe, the window between you installing and uninstalling the game is far too short for you to actually play the game.

It clearly showed you on my team over a week ago I'm pretty sure of that. You didn't actually play you were afk or something thanks for that.

I think it's funny how you love trolling all you do is mostly attack those who are not happy with pgi, you can always ignore me or something wouldn't care. I hardly play at all, I haven't spent any money for quite a while and wont till cw or even play it till then.

Tell me have you bought the clans yet???

#59 KreepyKrawly

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 66 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:57 PM

Premature QQ'ers much????

Keyboard manufacturers must be making a squillion of these people.

How about doing something constructive, like actually waiting for the test before whingeing about PGI/IGP. These QQ'ers really have destroyed this forum.

Simple solution, If you don't like the game, ****** off!!!! and let the real mechwarriors roll...

#60 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:06 PM

View PostDarth Bane001, on 15 January 2014 - 07:53 PM, said:

It clearly showed you on my team over a week ago I'm pretty sure of that. You didn't actually play you were afk or something thanks for that.

I think it's funny how you love trolling all you do is mostly attack those who are not happy with pgi, you can always ignore me or something wouldn't care. I hardly play at all, I haven't spent any money for quite a while and wont till cw or even play it till then.

Tell me have you bought the clans yet???

Not buying it (you being in a drop with me), a week ago would have been after the last time you said you uninstalled, or was that the time before? I loose track.

You're also confused by a simple fact, that I troll ANYONE who takes absurd stands or in general cries rather than make a salient point, that goes for Pro/anti PGI. Just an alarming number of you are Anti-PGI for whatever reasons you have your panties in a bunch.

As far as buying the Clans, I make all my purchases around the 20th, so I'll begin the creep up the purchase ladder until June, not that it's any of your business.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users