#121 Devil Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:18 PM

View PostJaxwen, on 17 January 2014 - 05:57 PM, said:

Hey! At least my Phoenix mechs 10% loyalty bonuses started accruing last Septemer (2013), right?!!

To my knowledge it's being tracked... but very unlikely they'll allow you to coup de grace all those built up points when CW hits. It'll be a stat wipe I would say, but you never know, comment on twitter might mean a turn coat policy on it... we'll find out when we get CW in 9-12 mths if they keep to deadline...

#122 z00med

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:38 PM

Wow, only the seventh page and people are already talking sense (I stopped on pg.3. If every number I got wrong during math classes (longlooong ago) would've caused such a fuzz, I would've never finished school/ shoot myself during 8th grade :unsure:)

View PostGeek Verve, on 17 January 2014 - 03:05 PM, said:

With all the outbursts about something as trivial as an obviously reversed sale price, it's no wonder PGI ignores most of what this gaming community has to say. Frack, I would too. It's ridiculous.

I thought they were running it for entertainment purposes...

View PostThuzel, on 17 January 2014 - 03:15 PM, said:

Not only does the game have a boatload of problems, but PGI is absolutely committed to their ideas no matter what happens. This sort of thing rarely ends well.

the problem is that many people here are far beyond the point where they want to talk sense anymore, instead getting cheap kicks out of poking around in a switched number (yeah, and if I'd work in a Nuclear Plant pushing that red button for fun, now THAT would be the end...) or luring around half the day (at least it looks like that) just to post something super-cynical under everything official asap.
I did a lot of reading here on different topics, trying to understand some game mechanics, and the one thing that was jumping at me was the overall negativity. People are not even trying to discuss things, they post their opinion, add a rant, and thats it.

I picked two balancing issues regarding MM and CW (just for fun, I like analizing such interesting social phenomena) and made notes about the solutions that came from the player base (minimum half of them claiming they and everybody they know would dump MWO asap, or similar "scary" undertones, in case their demands will not be met).
There was never a discussion, mainly because the people who where tryin to make sense were to scattered over the thread or got immediatly attacked as white knight troll goldmechbuyer whatever.
Of course in the end there were around 10 individually preferred solutions, that often where quite the opposite of another.

So it is really not possible having a "round table" for the community here and talk sense (I'd be happy to play Mod there and serve virtual tea to keep everyone calm) and see if you cant discuss possible solutions like adults?

Thats a pitty, because I believe that still a lot of productive things could come from this gathering of dedicated Battletech fans.
And for some of the pressing issues it should be possible to at least agree on like... say three possible solutions (including possible effects on the meta, all of course considering that this is a F2P MMO which lives from a solid, growing Playerbase -which may be well 15years old (and trust me, I wouldve preferred a Singleplayer Hardcore Mechsimulator with 50h of Campaign too, instead of my (half)nephew bugging me on the phone about mechbuilds) , at least offering a konsensus to the Devs.

The way it is now, as a Dev I wouldnt even consider paying attention to something that somebody stated in a post on this forum. And its better this way, a random pick on a balancing issue would most probably result in nerfed LRMs or one of the other big jokes that were posted here recently.

Sorry, think I just had to write this somewhere....

#123 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:43 PM

View PostNgamok, on 17 January 2014 - 03:59 PM, said:

Misery Purchased.

Heh. It's a good mech.

Here's a build that stands the test of time. It's gone from early in its release, through the 6 PPC meta, the poptart meta, the shift from 8 to 12 players, and so many more.

Posted Image

And here's my Boar's Head. It's waiting to be fielded.
Posted Image

And yes, that's 100 mech bays, with only 10 empty.
Mentioned the boar's head earlier, as it's narrowed the heroes I don't have down to 2.

Jester, and Oxide.

Edited by Koniving, 17 January 2014 - 06:45 PM.

#124 Nightcrept

• 1,050 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:16 PM

View PostKoniving, on 17 January 2014 - 06:43 PM, said:

Heh. It's a good mech.

Here's a build that stands the test of time. It's gone from early in its release, through the 6 PPC meta, the poptart meta, the shift from 8 to 12 players, and so many more.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mentioned the boar's head earlier, as it's narrowed the heroes I don't have down to 2.

Jester, and Oxide.

Dude you need to invest in some insurance on your account....lmao

Wait.....now that i think of how much i've spent on this game....,good lord.

#125 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:26 PM

If you find a build you like for that, let me know!
I don't want to strip the Endo off - but am having a hard time working around the lost slots. :unsure:

#126 GutterBoy5

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 375 posts
  • LocationAdelaide,south australia

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:27 PM

View Postclownwarlord, on 17 January 2014 - 10:01 AM, said:

Look at the pic people ... a second time. Did you see it? How about you look at the prices for the 7days of premium? Reg cost is 750 ... current cost 1250??? 40% off my ***.

It says reg 1250 sale is now 750

Edited by GutterBoy5, 17 January 2014 - 08:27 PM.

#127 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:38 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 17 January 2014 - 08:26 PM, said:

If you find a build you like for that, let me know!
I don't want to strip the Endo off - but am having a hard time working around the lost slots. :unsure:

I'll let you know. It's very likely I'll favor something akin to my Atlas RS.

Posted Image

#128 Bagheera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:19 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 17 January 2014 - 05:15 PM, said:

Posted Image

Huh. Well will you look at that.

The rest of this thread: :unsure:

#129 Ngamok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:47 PM

View PostMonsoon, on 17 January 2014 - 04:02 PM, said:

Shouldn't be a surprise they've already mentioned April as the month we should see weight limitations on drops. Doesn't stop me from buying the Boar's Head in any case. :D

But Misery loves company, so you'll need to buy it a companion. :ph34r:

I am frinkdgn atm do I got me compamnt

View PostMonsoon, on 17 January 2014 - 04:02 PM, said:

Shouldn't be a surprise they've already mentioned April as the month we should see weight limitations on drops. Doesn't stop me from buying the Boar's Head in any case. :wub:

But Misery loves company, so you'll need to buy it a companion. :lol:

I also own teh x5 and flaem alredy

View PostcSand, on 17 January 2014 - 04:38 PM, said:

I was gonna say "get over it" but then I realized that to be more accurate, I should say "get over yourself"

You pretentious [redacted]

:unsure:

I'm a Canucks fan, so... no early Christmas here, let me tell you :(

<--- Blackhawks

#130 Argent Usher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 154 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:14 AM

View PostMonsoon, on 17 January 2014 - 12:38 PM, said:

LoL, the internet, the place where people seem to have so much time on there hands that they call become grammar/spelling [redacted].

Seriously, so the graphics guy screwed up and flipped the price's placements. You guys act like no company has ever made a mistake, and then you spout, 'professionalism'. Right, because every product that Apple or Microsoft has ever come out was pure gold without a complaint about it, or any automobile company that suddenly has 100,000+ vehicles recalled, due to certain death, when such and such fails. Seriously, a simple graphic switch up is pretty tame in the world of company mistakes.

Yay sure but sometimes a simple final cross-check of your work is golden.

#131 Ricofico

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 15 posts
  • LocationOut in the Periphery, sitting in my Mech

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:27 AM

View PostShar Wolf, on 17 January 2014 - 06:17 PM, said:

They go on sale fairly regularly - I always wait till the Friday announcement before buying anything.

Yeah I know, wasn't thinking to wait till Friday. :unsure:
(The Boar's Head mech I go a few days ago).

#132 Brienne

• PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationFrog heaven

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:31 AM

Any chance to get a discount for CN9 -YLW soon?

#133 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:51 AM

I don't get why all these famous PGI-bashers don't get tired of this.

Is it really fun to spend hours and hours a day on the forums, telling us that MWO lacks content, Paul is as evil as cancelor Palpatine and shout your childish "NOPE" anywhere you go?

The funny thing is, if this game would annoy you as much as all you guys say, you would not be here posting anymore :unsure:

#134 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 04:22 AM

Have you heard of crack? MWO can be kind of like that. :unsure:

#135 New Day

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationEye of Terror

Posted 18 January 2014 - 04:38 AM

Heh. It's a good mech.

Jester, and Oxide.

Sometimes I think I'm a m_asochist with my non PPC/AC20 medium builds, but then I see yours.

Edited by NamesAreStupid, 18 January 2014 - 04:39 AM.

#136 Featherwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:20 AM

View PostGeek Verve, on 17 January 2014 - 03:05 PM, said:

With all the outbursts about something a trivial as an obviously reversed sale price, it's no wonder PGI ignores most of what this gaming community has to say. Frack, I would too. It's ridiculous.

Disclaimer: offtopic and anti-white-knight rhetoric
Spoiler

So, my main message for you is:
every word of negativity PGI receives is fully deserved and no white knight has any right to claim people dumb just because he/she doesn't know whole story of IGP/PGI's behavior. Though I agree that not every topic should be a cauldron of hate and that staying on topic is very recommended, I cannot keep silent seeing such blatant provocations like yours.

#137 Racklesnack

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 291 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:10 AM

Been waiting for the misery or boar's head to go on sale, but now that they're in the same sale I don't know which to get :unsure:

#138 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:50 AM

View PostMr Titan, on 18 January 2014 - 06:10 AM, said:

Been waiting for the misery or boar's head to go on sale, but now that they're in the same sale I don't know which to get :unsure:

Truth be told, can't go wrong with a Misery. The Boar's head is a Misery with one more energy hardpoint and 15 tons extra space, and less 'tankable' despite more armor (as it's easier to take it apart from the front).

#139 Clideb50

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 194 posts
  • LocationMaine, United States

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:25 AM

Heh. It's a good mech.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Jester, and Oxide.

Excuse me while I take that Misery design, and modify it to use ac20, and apir of meds with the ppcs.

View PostMr Titan, on 18 January 2014 - 06:10 AM, said:

Been waiting for the misery or boar's head to go on sale, but now that they're in the same sale I don't know which to get :)

Misery. The Misery is a fantastic assault mech. For an 85 ton assault, it stands up very well to the heavier assaults.

#140 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:49 AM

View PostRegulus1990, on 18 January 2014 - 08:25 AM, said:

Excuse me while I take that Misery design, and modify it to use ac20, and apir of meds with the ppcs.
Misery. The Misery is a fantastic assault mech. For an 85 ton assault, it stands up very well to the heavier assaults.

AC/20 range is too limited to support the PPCs at an optimal fighting range. The closer you get the more screwed you'll be. The Misery's advantage is not point blank; in fact it's a huge disadvantage. The small lasers are a low heat "Panic" function, if you're that close you won't live long at all. You'll be dismembered and slaughtered with ease.

Having an AC/20 makes you want to get close. Getting close is suicide, but so is staying too far. The speed of the AC/20 shots is also so terrible that it won't be any good at range or against fast targets, while the AC/5 never fails to register.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users