242 replies to this topic

#181 TELEFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:54 PM

View Post3rdworld, on 27 January 2014 - 10:36 AM, said:

The urbie doesn't work with MWO construction rules. The engine would need to weigh a negative amount for the stock mech to be possible. Also it comes with a std 60. MWO only has as low as STD 100 in game.

Well maybe those devs should make a Standard 60 fusion engine! Then there would be no problems since the MWO construction rules follow the Battletech construction rules pretty closely.

#182 Kanatta Jing

• 1,178 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:12 PM

Controversial and specialty could mean something totally out of left field.

Like the Hussar with it's 360 degree turret or the Dougram quads like the Goliath and Scorpion.

#183 CycKath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,580 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:58 PM

View PostTELEFORCE, on 27 January 2014 - 06:54 PM, said:

Well maybe those devs should make a Standard 60 fusion engine! Then there would be no problems since the MWO construction rules follow the Battletech construction rules pretty closely.

Or make it but heavily restrict what 'Mechs can carry a 60 rated engine, heck make it that the Urbie is the ONLY 'Mech in the game that can use that engine, that would add to the claimed "controversy"

Edited by CycKath, 27 January 2014 - 09:59 PM.

#184 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:48 PM

afaik every mech has a min and max rating so let it be 100 mnin for all other and 60min for the urbie.

But the problem is the weight if I understand it correctly? What weight does that engine need to build the stock loadout? -1.5tons?

Edited by 627, 27 January 2014 - 11:54 PM.

#185 Duke Hector

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 302 posts
  • LocationNistus

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:32 AM

View PostGeneral Taskeen, on 18 January 2014 - 10:54 AM, said:

The Flea hasn't been released yet...

yes and its probably NOT going to be released until they figure out how to get MASC working IF they even bother with it, which is WHY they are going to be releasing whatever this new light is to make up for their muck up

#186 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:46 AM

View PostDan the Ice Man, on 28 January 2014 - 01:32 AM, said:

yes and its probably NOT going to be released until they figure out how to get MASC working IF they even bother with it, which is WHY they are going to be releasing whatever this new light is to make up for their muck up

... and if it's the Firestarter, then sign me up for another muck up. That'll be one damned fine mech, and the Flea is going to be a disaster.

#187 TELEFORCE

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:33 AM

View Post627, on 27 January 2014 - 11:48 PM, said:

afaik every mech has a min and max rating so let it be 100 mnin for all other and 60min for the urbie.

But the problem is the weight if I understand it correctly? What weight does that engine need to build the stock loadout? -1.5tons?

The Standard 60 weighs 1.5 tons and has a 1-ton gyro, so 2.5 tons total.

#188 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:51 AM

yeah but don't forget the "free" heatsinks... this works a bit different in mwo...

#189 TELEFORCE

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:00 AM

The weights that I put down include the 10 free heatsinks. They still have to be allocated. But I see what you're saying. What the devs should do is instead of charging mass for the free heatsinks that need to be allocated outside of the engine, they should sell the whole thing as a package. Call them engine heatsinks that way you can't sell them individually like heatsinks you buy from the 'mech lab. After all, all fusion-powered 'mechs need 10 HS, or the rules will be broken engine will melt.

Edited by TELEFORCE, 28 January 2014 - 04:01 AM.

#190 Kyynele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 973 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:38 AM

I only skimmed through the earlier pages, so maybe this has already been mentioned: on 24th Russ Bullock tweeted "I was playing the new her mech of the new light chassis today. I think this chassis in general is going to be very popular"

So, it's humanoid, light, controversial, and expected to be very popular.

My money would be on the Firestarter as well. I'd count a Jenner with extra weapon hardpoints, JJ and ECM pretty controversial, and could easily imagine it becoming very popular. Maybe Spider-like tiny hitboxes to go with it?

Edited by Kyynele, 28 January 2014 - 05:38 AM.

#191 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:48 AM

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 27 January 2014 - 05:06 PM, said:

Honestly, winning and losing in this game is so freaking irrelevant at this point, I don't know that I care. Here is how I play...I go out, do my best to do damage and kill people...that's it. If I win? No big thing, If I lose? No big thing. If I die? Normally it's because I get bored and do something stupid, no big thing. It's almost sad. I'd probably have an awesome KDR if I could bring myself to give a ****.
No, that's good. It'd be great if we could prevent this game from sliding into an e-peen measuring contest, where everyone is EVEN MORE likely to cower behind a hill for 10+ minutes...

#192 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:18 AM

They said it has to be IS? Or you assume such?

Also, my guess is the Flea or Urbanmech

#193 3rdworld

• 3,562 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:57 AM

View PostTELEFORCE, on 28 January 2014 - 03:33 AM, said:

The Standard 60 weighs 1.5 tons and has a 1-ton gyro, so 2.5 tons total.

Correct, but in MWO the Engine does not weight the same.

In TT a STD 100 would weigh 3 tons + 1 gyro = 4 tons.

In MWO it only weighs 1 ton total. The difference is the engine actually includes the Cockpit, but does not include the extra heatsinks.

So you have 3 tons engine + 1 ton gyro + 3 ton Cockpit - 6 tons external Heatsinks = 1 ton

A STD 60 weighs 1.5 tons + 1 ton gyro + 3 ton cockpit - 8 tons external Heatsinks = -2.5 tons to work with MWO construction rules.

#194 Ngamok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:05 AM

I wish they would announce it today or Friday. Makes no sense to wait till Monday / Tuesday to announce it. People would still talk about it and generate about the same buzz about it as much as a speculation thread.

Edit: Would like to add. At this point, the only thing people are really looking forward to on the Feb 4th Patch isn't the Light Hero mech coming, but UI 2.0.

Edited by Ngamok, 28 January 2014 - 10:07 AM.

#195 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:17 AM

Which of these mostly suggested candidates could be the new Hero light?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#196 Nicholas Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:57 AM

View PostKing Arthur IV, on 27 January 2014 - 06:34 PM, said:

so sad but so true.

there is no goal or anything to foster building a community or even engage in conflicts. every match is the same to me at this point and its boring.
i would really like to play 12v12 but its extremely hard to set them up during my time zone..... even if i got free mechs at this point it wouldn't make me excited to play.

I actually ended up in a 12 man group with some Crows guys and a few other guys I've grouped with before on Sunday. We tried 5 times to find a match, failed all 5 times.

It was sad.

I just wish I had more of a reason to care when I drop. I have 30 million C-bills and don't really like any mechs out there. I have 50k GXP saved up, with no modules I really care about.

I don't know, the game is mundane.

View PostSephlock, on 28 January 2014 - 05:48 AM, said:

No, that's good. It'd be great if we could prevent this game from sliding into an e-peen measuring contest, where everyone is EVEN MORE likely to cower behind a hill for 10+ minutes...

I get what you are saying, but there are games where i just get ADD or annoyed or bored or whatever and just run in and I know I'm going to die. Because it just doesn't matter.

#197 Procyon Alpha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 165 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN USA

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:11 PM

If I were PGI and wanted to do controversial light, why not go all out.

Not saying this is want is going to come out, but why not a Clan second line light mech with ECM added in just to be that much more of a WTF hero mech.

But I am putting my vote in on the firestarter.

#198 Hexenhammer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:21 PM

View PostYeshua Kerensky, on 28 January 2014 - 05:11 PM, said:

If I were PGI and wanted to do controversial light, why not go all out.

Not saying this is want is going to come out, but why not a Clan second line light mech with ECM added in just to be that much more of a WTF hero mech.

But I am putting my vote in on the firestarter.

ECM makes everything controversial.

And a clan mech is highly unlikely as PGI doesn't even know what they are doing with them yet other than nerfing 'me.

#199 joedawg39s

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 239 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:11 PM

Its gotta be the raven hero, were getting the sabre mechs as the C-bill mechs this month I would imagine.

RVN-NVM

#200 Procyon Alpha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 165 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN USA

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:39 PM

It's an unreleased chassis so not a raven.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users