#101 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:54 AM

View PostLord de Seis, on 24 January 2014 - 07:47 AM, said:

Nothing really, I want to see how well they can keep to their time table that they posted. Community warfare is what I want.

I am the same. Don't really care about DX11. The game needs core content much more than more eye candy.

#102 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:17 PM

Greetings all,

Ref the engine update and DX11:

I understand that you don't care about DX11, but remember that most of the new content will or may depend on having these items updated. Some of this new content will require components and code only found in the updates, so they actually work as designed.

So it's not just eye candy that these items bring, although there are considerable enhancements that can and will be enabled once there in. The most important being the reduction of processing directed at the CPU and handing that task off to the actual video cards. I look forward to about a 60% reduction in "heat" being generated that I have now.

(note: that during the UI2.0 tests my CPU and Video cards never even went over 30% heat or fan speeds, something that never happens with the current build. Current UI and game always jumps to 80%+ and full fan speed.)
- Now that being said, DX11may take a hit on some systems FPS (if all settings set to highest levels), but we'll have to wait to see how things are coded if that will happen.

Russ and Bryan have said that there are quite a few items done or nearly done but can't be installed till the UI update. And things should progress very rapidly after that, with regular injections of content. So to remind every one, here are the major items.

The six main components of Community Warfare are being worked on, follow the link shown below for details.
- UI2.0 Component (http://mwomercs.com/theplan#1.3)
- Game Mode Components
- Metagame Component
- IS War Component (http://mwomercs.com/theplan#1.26)
- Launch Component
- Modules Component

The actual IS war components are not something simple like a single player game might be,and very complex in there design.
Just the component headings alone might say just how large this process is:
- Contracts.
- Front Warfare.
- Planetary Warfare.
- Economics.
- Inner Sphere Map.
- Factions

Check out PGI's "The Plan v1.0" for an up to date on what parts are near completion and what's still being worked on.
- http://mwomercs.com/theplan#1
(just click/drill your way through each item, hover over items to get a description of what it is. Updated as of 21Jan2014)

I jus want the UI updated first, so I don't burn out this computer waiting for the remainder of the game components.

9erRed

#103 Colonel Fubar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 650 posts
  • LocationPlanet Agoge in the Mitera System

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:19 PM

Thanks Peiper!
The 1st Vlog was very insightful and I look forward to many more in the future. But its always great to have a text summary to fallback upon for review and clarification instead of having to re-screen an 18 min vlog. :P

Edited by Danny Fubar Col 21C RHG, 31 January 2014 - 10:23 PM.

#104 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:00 AM

LOL Col F.U.B.A.R. :(
:ph34r: it. Right up there with Dumas *****!

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 01 February 2014 - 07:01 AM.

#105 TLBFestus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:42 PM

Haven't played in months, but I keep updating and will check out this new U.I. in hopes of something significant.

Started listening to the podcast, heard the comment By Mr. Bullock (Not my friend, so no casual use of first names) about selling
"you are on an island T-shirts", and stopped right there.

I am on an Island, ........ with my money.

#106 Rebas Kradd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:40 AM

View PostTLBFestus, on 07 February 2014 - 12:42 PM, said:

Haven't played in months, but I keep updating and will check out this new U.I. in hopes of something significant.

Started listening to the podcast, heard the comment By Mr. Bullock (Not my friend, so no casual use of first names) about selling
"you are on an island T-shirts", and stopped right there.

I am on an Island, ........ with my money.

That rubbed me the wrong way as well. The game is a year behind, we've been given only the barest of cliff notes as to why, and yet they mock those who are discontent?

Very bumbling PR.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users