#61 Dymlos2003

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,473 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:06 PM

View PostZealotTheFallen, on 20 January 2014 - 07:28 PM, said:

Come March Titanfall will be out on xbox one a true mechwarrior type game and the 75 awards so far make it look like the game to play. Trully I see many dissapointed people and the smug arrogant Russ, who is so disrespectful and still putting up verbal smoke screens and mirrors. DO something, instead of throwing {Scrap} out that doesn't work and running your lying mouth. Prove me and the rest that lost all respect for you wrong, bet you wont Thanks

Haha really? Titanfall a true mechwarrior game? That made me laugh out loud.

#62 ZealotTheFallen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 264 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:10 PM

look it up made by hammond robotics still the game with remove most with an xboxone that play this IMO point being MWO will be left in the dust in 3 months by other games that want a stable playerbase. And I find it so awesome that everyone just continues to feed off of their words like it is going to happen and be great as we all did at the start. Where are we trully in this game? Same place we started nothing that has been added so far makes this anything but Call of Mechs inner sphere faction fighting NOPE Titanfall big robots that are armed ans the pilot can fight in it or out of it as you can interact as old mechwarrior games if my old mind remembers correctly.

Edited by ZealotTheFallen, 20 January 2014 - 08:18 PM.

#63 Dymlos2003

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,473 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:12 PM

View PostZealotTheFallen, on 20 January 2014 - 08:10 PM, said:

look it up made by hammond robotics still the game with remove most with an xboxone that play this IMO

It's made by Respawn Entertainment and it's on PC and the Xbox platforms. I know what this game is. It is nothing like mechwarrior

View PostZealotTheFallen, on 20 January 2014 - 08:10 PM, said:

And I find it so awesome that everyone just continues to feed off of their words like it is going to happen and be great as we all did at the start. Where are we trully in this game? Same place we started nothing that has been added so far makes this anything but Call of Mechs inner sphere faction fighting NOPE Titanfall big robots that are armed ans the pilot can fight in it or out of it as you can interact as old mechwarrior games if my old mind remembers correctly.

You'd be wrong. Call of Mechs is what Titanfall actually is... *sigh*

Edited by dymlos2003, 20 January 2014 - 08:20 PM.

#64 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:15 PM

Blah blah interview was a waste of time. Not a single mention of "aggressive" balance changes.

Thanks, Peiper, as always.

#65 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:20 PM

View Postwarp103, on 19 January 2014 - 12:16 PM, said:

WOW joke of island . I have a better one N.O.P.E.

They should sell N.O.P.E t-shirts.

#66 Edustaja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:38 PM

View PostNgamok, on 20 January 2014 - 08:20 PM, said:

They should sell N.O.P.E t-shirts.

That would be a bit paradoxal :lol:

#67 Alex Warden

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts
  • Location...straying in the Inner Sphere...

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:19 PM

View PostAsmosis, on 18 January 2014 - 04:20 PM, said:

Wouldn't it just make more sense to fix the 12 man queue with tonnage limits and see if its actually popular or not? I'm sure that's a better idea than just nervously crossing your fingers and hoping it works out.

12 man need more incentives to play them ... i personally enjoy them alot, but there are just not that many groups/ units playing them,,, i think the major problem here is, that ppl care too much about CB/ hour ratios, and from that PoV 12vs12 ain´t worth the time/ effort. dunno, not necessarily talking about CB boosts for 12vs12, i think there might be other ways to make those more attractive...

tonnage limits probably won´t change alot in population, although maybe in quality of the matches... we will see...
my only true gripe currently with the 12man matches are the Arties... they ARE just too powerful, especially with the high frequency you can spam them ... i still pray for a drastically enhanced cooldown on arty/airstrikes for 12vs12 so you actually have to time your "out of nowhere" attacks way more, if you are limited to just a few of them due to a long cooldown...

currently one of the maintactics seems to be: spam strikes, peel off some armor of the huge guys, maybe even destroy some weapons before engagement and then pinpoint-alpha to the already critical mechs... you can say what ever you want, but to me that´s not feeling like MechWarrior, especially not if a M.O.D.U.L.E has such an heavy impact on the outcome of a match...

now some will say "haha noob, move, get cover, you can see them" bla bla bla

1. you DON´T always see them, if the one who sets them does it smart
2. you can´t always move with your group, unless you´re running a pure light/ medium setup which tends to do exactly that... especially when the base defense mode appears, this will most likely become more appearent... defending without an established defense position could be a little tricky...
3. and even if you (assuming you´re a slow assault) see the smoke, the impact crushes you with little chances to get away, even if you react IMMEDIATELY...
summary: sometimes you can avoid the strike modules, sometimes you can´t ... Modules shouldn´t play the game like arty/airstrike do...

View Postdymlos2003, on 20 January 2014 - 08:12 PM, said:

You'd be wrong. Call of Mechs is what Titanfall actually is... *sigh*

Titanfall...lolz... might be a nice shooter with an "revolutionary" mechfeature in it... but that´s about it... oh wait... BF2142 did that already... oh well...

Edited by Alex Warden, 20 January 2014 - 11:32 PM.

#68 iamunkle

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 77 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAUS

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:07 AM

What kind of joke is that?
Is it a friendly stab at himself?

Or him being an arrogant american di**

Is it funny to u is it?

Lol talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

#69 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:18 AM

TWO MINUTES of BS intro fluff before anyone actually started talking in the podcast :lol:.

then

TWO MINUTES of hosts talking about how this is the 100th podcast.

Finally, at 4 minutes, the guest gets a word in...

Thank you Peiper for the summary!

Edited by Appogee, 21 January 2014 - 01:29 AM.

#70 Dymlos2003

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,473 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:19 AM

View Postiamunkle, on 21 January 2014 - 01:07 AM, said:

What kind of joke is that?
Is it a friendly stab at himself?

Or him being an arrogant american di**

Is it funny to u is it?

Lol talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

I know! Your post not Russ...

....'Cause he's Canadian...

And if you guys are seriously mad about the "You're on an Island" joke, you need to go outside and get some air for a bit.

Edited by dymlos2003, 21 January 2014 - 01:20 AM.

#71 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:46 AM

Why are these guys so focused on trivial visual effects (cockpit glass, UI, Mech models) when the most pressing problem with the game is the lack of variety in the actual gameplay...?!

It's like they keep wanting to add additional little touches of paint, polish, upholstery and fluffy dice to their sports car... all the while ignoring the fact that the car currently has a top speed of 40mph.

#72 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:03 AM

View PostAppogee, on 21 January 2014 - 01:46 AM, said:

Why are these guys so focused on trivial visual effects (cockpit glass, UI, Mech models) when the most pressing problem with the game is the lack of variety in the actual gameplay...?!

It's like they keep wanting to add additional little touches of paint, polish, upholstery and fluffy dice to their sports car... all the while ignoring the fact that the car currently has a top speed of 40mph.

The UI isn't a trivial matter. It's completely rewriting it to make it modular and scalable, including all the back end stuff.

#73 mania3c

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • 466 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:24 AM

View PostAppogee, on 21 January 2014 - 01:46 AM, said:

Everyone has their job.. you really can't blame artists that they are making their job, while designers and coders are trying to things like CW together..I know..this was repeated so many times, but this is how it works..

#74 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:34 AM

View PostHeffay, on 21 January 2014 - 05:03 AM, said:

The UI isn't a trivial matter. It's completely rewriting it to make it modular and scalable, including all the back end stuff.

Yes, but if you listen to what Russ talks about in the interview, what he cares about, seems most interested to focus on ... it's all about eye candy stuff.

You can see Mech paint jobs more clearly in the UI now. Should there be steam effects in the cockpit when you overheat, or maybe tears in the players eyes? Etc etc etc.

I don't blame the graphics artists for doing their job. I am concerned that the lead developers and designers seem to be focusing on the wrong things.

Edited by Appogee, 21 January 2014 - 06:35 AM.

#75 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:44 AM

View PostAppogee, on 21 January 2014 - 06:34 AM, said:

Yes, but if you listen to what Russ talks about in the interview, what he cares about, seems most interested to focus on ... it's all about eye candy stuff.

You can see Mech paint jobs more clearly in the UI now. Should there be steam effects in the cockpit when you overheat, or maybe tears in the players eyes? Etc etc etc.

I don't blame the graphics artists for doing their job. I am concerned that the lead developers and designers seem to be focusing on the wrong things.

That's the problem with communication. You can't say everything at exactly the same time. Saying they are interest in things like that doesn't mean that things like that are even in the top 10 list of their priorities. It goes on the list at number 1381, and some day it'll filter down to someone's work queue.

They were asked about things like that, so they were responding to that in particular. If they had to put a caveat of "after <insert normal top 10 priority list> is done" every time, it would be unwieldy.

#76 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:48 AM

View PostHeffay, on 21 January 2014 - 06:44 AM, said:

That's the problem with communication. You can't say everything at exactly the same time.
Fair enough.

But have you ever heard Russ or any of the senior devs ever say anything about the shortcomings/staleness or repetitive nature of the core game...?

I honestly think they believe the core game is fine and that each element of additional eye candy is some kind of significant advance.

Don't get me wrong. I've played 4000 matches, and I still try to have a game every day. But I wonder for how much longer.

Edited by Appogee, 21 January 2014 - 06:49 AM.

#77 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:56 AM

View PostAppogee, on 21 January 2014 - 06:48 AM, said:

But have you ever heard Russ or any of the senior devs ever say anything about the shortcomings/staleness or repetitive nature of the core game...?

Yes. Every time they talk about UI 2.0 and the need for community warfare.

#78 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:44 AM

View PostHeffay, on 21 January 2014 - 06:56 AM, said:

Yes. Every time they talk about UI 2.0 and the need for community warfare.

And yet, here we are, a year later, with many more Mech chassis, camo patterns, bobble heads, and other eye candy items... but no UI2.0 or CW, still...

Edited by Appogee, 21 January 2014 - 07:45 AM.

#79 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:47 AM

View PostAppogee, on 21 January 2014 - 07:44 AM, said:

And yet, here we are, a year later, with many more Mech chassis, camo patterns, bobble heads, and other eye candy items... but no UI2.0 or CW, still...

So? UI 2.0 and bobble heads aren't exactly competing priorities. They can work on more than one thing at a time.

#80 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:06 AM

View PostHeffay, on 21 January 2014 - 07:47 AM, said:

So? UI 2.0 and bobble heads aren't exactly competing priorities. They can work on more than one thing at a time.

Yes, they could.

In fact, that's why we are in here in 2014, enjoying not only a surfeit of bobble heads, but also UI2.0 and CW.

Oh, wait.... No we're not. In fact, we have a surfeit of bobble heads and different styles of mech chassis and camo patterns, and we're about to get a cool new cockpit glass effect. Yet we have no working UI2.0, and no CW. In fact, the UI 2.0 we're about to get is still buggy, and offers no actual user functionality increase.

But it does have lots of new eye candy.

Now, why is that...?

Well, for one thing, the lead developers have invested most of their resources in graphic designers, not in engineers.

And why is that...?

Maybe it's because the lead developers seem to be far more interested in eye candy items, rather than core game mechanics.

Which was actually the observation I made five posts ago.

Edited by Appogee, 21 January 2014 - 08:28 AM.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users