#21 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:51 PM

Great summary, thanks a lot for the time you put into it.

People will always disagree with the content of the message but there's no need to shoot the messenger.

#22 slide

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:52 PM

Thanks Pieper.

#23 Ingvay

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 267 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:25 PM

"4:50 Russ announces the production of 'You're on an island!” t-shirts Cost $100, and they only come in the color gold."

Was this supposed to be funny Russ?! Because if you think it's funny, it shows how little respect you have for your player base and community. After seeing the latest version of UI 2.0 and reading this synopsis... I'm still holding to my mindset of:

N.O.P.E.

Edited by Ingvay, 19 January 2014 - 03:26 PM.

#24 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,671 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:36 PM

View PostPeiper, on 18 January 2014 - 03:39 PM, said:

4:50 Russ announces the production of 'You're on an island!” t-shirts
Cost $100, and they only come in the color gold.

I heard people are making N.O.P.E T-shirts as well.

5:40 discusses changes in UI 2.0 public test (16 Jan). It's 100% functional, but doesn't contain everything you'll see Feb. 4. We will see a heat scale, Smurfy style loadout summary, some other things the community wanted. Should be another public test before Feb. 4th where we'll see that.

I hope they take the feedback from the public test and use it well. I'll reserve judgment on it until we see it.

26:00 What should we expect Feb. 4th? Russ hints about a new mech, a NEW hero mech, NEW chassis. (It's NOT the Panther.) It's not a Phoenix mech. Reworking of Assault Mode.

I have my fingers crossed for an Urbie or Wolfhound. As for the Assault game mode I hope to see the changes.

17:30 Russ and Phil talk mention stuff like steam/heat waves/blackouts in the cockpit. Do we as players want that level of immersion, or would that just annoy people. [toggle on/off would be my answer! -Peiper]

I agree with you Peiper, we should turn it on or off.

19:20 Russ suggests if we want stuff like cockpit effects, teary eyes, sparks, whatever start a poll or comment in the MWO forums about it and they'll listen.

That is what people have been talking about all along.

52:00 When the launch module is active, will we have the ability to set up private matches? Russ believes that private matches with the launch module in April for sure, but he's not sure if private matches will be allowed to launch with LESS than 12 people on a team. That's a Bryan Eckman question.

Let's see how this holds up

Thank you Peiper for getting these resources up.

#25 AntharPrime

• 1,144 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:46 PM

This just goes to show how bad Russ is at community relations. A CEO never belittles their customers, especially if they are unruly.

#26 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:03 PM

View PostAntharPrime, on 19 January 2014 - 03:46 PM, said:

This just goes to show how bad Russ is at community relations. A CEO never belittles their customers, especially if they are unruly.

Do what I'm doing - wait until February 4 to start playing again.

#27 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:11 PM

View PostGremlich Johns, on 19 January 2014 - 04:03 PM, said:

Do what I'm doing - wait until February 4 to start playing again.

I'm not sure if you realize how much worse the game would potentially be on that date.

Edited by Deathlike, 19 January 2014 - 04:11 PM.

#28 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:19 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 19 January 2014 - 04:11 PM, said:

I'm not sure if you realize how much worse the game would potentially be on that date.

Maybe I should take into account any hotfixes.......

#29 Crohnic

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 88 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:30 PM

Thanks Peiper for taking time to put it all into an easy to read format.

Despite the nopers looking for any negative they can possible come up with from the interview, we are on the verge of getting new content and updates on schedule - with a little give or take - for the foreseeable future (6-8 months). The issue now is whether the content will meet the communities expectations.

PGI seems to be learning from their mistakes, so I'm willing to remain optimistic.

#30 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:38 PM

View PostCrohnic, on 19 January 2014 - 04:30 PM, said:

PGI seems to be learning from their mistakes, so I'm willing to remain optimistic.

Irrespective of what you might want to believe, most of us you consider NOPE-ers hope you are right and that PGI is learning from its mistakes. Allow us, however, to also remain skeptical.

#31 xengk

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:12 PM

Thank for the summery! Have my Like.
Was planning to sit thru the video on the weekend but RL obligations took over.

Personally I love this bit of humour at ice breaking.

5:40 discusses changes in UI 2.0 public test (16 Jan). It's 100% functional, but doesn't contain everything you'll see Feb. 4. We will see a heat scale, Smurfy style loadout summary, some other things the community wanted. Should be another public test before Feb. 4th where we'll see that.
Version 1 of UI 2.0 WILL BE OUT Feb. 4th. It will continue to evolve from that point on.

Release with ongoing improvement, as they say it would be.
Personally, I don't like Star Trek console like visual and should have gone with something more gritty.

10:45 Bombadil has ducks that like to quack in the background.

Actual ducks?

13:00 With UI 2.0 they won't need to bring down servers for sales like happy hour sales, where impulse buys will be injected for an hour or so then pulled down with no interruption of service.

Hopefully, there will a better ingame announcement system to inform player of these impulse buy promo.

14:30 Next weeks patch (21st) will have cockpit glass, battlemasters for C-bills. Cockpit glass is another layer of depth/visual affect that will allow them to introduce cracked, scorched or broken glass. Also, 6 mechs will have hit box changes. http://mwomercs.com/...-update-dec-19/

17:30 Russ and Phil talk mention stuff like steam/heat waves/blackouts in the cockpit. Do we as players want that level of immersion, or would that just annoy people. [toggle on/off would be my answer! -Peiper]

Didn't get to experienced the cockpit glass effect much during the PTS.
Other than the glass looks "foggy" on certain angle on some map, like HPG, they don't seem too distracting.
Not sure how many bullet decal will be on the cockpit blocking the view if I took a full second of multiple MG to the face though.

26:00 What should we expect Feb. 4th? Russ hints about a new mech, a NEW hero mech, NEW chassis. (It's NOT the Panther.) It's not a Phoenix mech. Reworking of Assault Mode.

Zeus please.
Posted Image

#32 AlexEss

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:16 PM

Am i the only one that finds the t-shirt comment funny... Seriously people, i think your reactions proves his point. People need to relax a bit.

Any way beyond that i remain cautiously optimistic for what the future holds. It all sounds good if it was not for that little tiny thing that the game is... well... released. But hey as long as we move forward i am not worried. After all it took about three years before i felt WoW was at a level where i could actually stomach more then five minutes of gameplay.

#33 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:20 PM

View PostGremlich Johns, on 19 January 2014 - 04:19 PM, said:

Maybe I should take into account any hotfixes.......

It is unlikely the hotfixes will address the nature of the mechlab... maybe the functionality of the Social feature at best.

#34 King Arthur IV

• Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:43 PM

thanx for a run down of the interview.

#35 Sug

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,629 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:49 PM

Why is everything about what UI2.0 does pretty vague except the fact they they won't have to flip the servers on and off to add things to the store or start sales?

#36 Fooooo

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationSydney, Aus.

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:53 PM

View PostAlexEss, on 19 January 2014 - 07:16 PM, said:

Am i the only one that finds the t-shirt comment funny... Seriously people, i think your reactions proves his point. People need to relax a bit.

Well, I did actually find it funny.

I straight away imagined a t-shirt with an island in the distance with 1 guy on it, its russ and he is yelling out "Your on an island!!!" with maybe him also face-palming as if everyone else is a fool. :P

That did make me laugh. :P

No offence to russ ofc.........it was just the first thing that came to my head when I read that is all. :blink:

(hell maybe even russ meant it like that, a crack at himself that is, which i would respect a bit more than if it was the other way i guess........tho I haven't heard the interview yet......)

Edited by Fooooo, 19 January 2014 - 11:59 PM.

#37 Shiro Matsumoto

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 492 posts
  • Locationon "The island"

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:01 AM

4:00 Russ introduced.

Plain disrespectful. For the rest.. we will see. I dont trust words of them.. we will see what goes life.

#38 GrandLocomon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:01 AM

One energy slot for the oxide please so I can TAG for my own missiles! (side torso mounted even, so you can't really still call that OP. I'm super keen for the new mech too!

Edited by GrandLocomon, 20 January 2014 - 12:03 AM.

#39 Shiro Matsumoto

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 492 posts
  • Locationon "The island"

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:03 AM

4:00 Russ introduced.

Plain disrespectful. For the rest.. we will see. I dont trust words of them.. we will see what goes life.

New base models/mobile HQ? will be added, including turrets which COULD kill you if you're already in bad shape. How hard would it be for a locust to cap a base? Russ hasn't playtested enough to speculate.

likely another reason against using a light.. the turrets maul you. ah well. Assault Warrior.

Edited by John McFianna, 20 January 2014 - 12:06 AM.

#40 LegoPirate

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 339 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:12 AM

30:00 Teir 1 weapon modules. Access to levels 1 and 2 available Feb. 4th. In order to access level 3, the character LEVEL system has to be in place, which it will not be yet. Examples: These modules WILL take module slots, as opposed to skills. Level 1 weapon module might increase range a few yards, but might increase heat to balance it out.

this is actually pretty cool. i really hope they make it more interesting then 5 meter increases though. currently with artilleries and air strikes oneshotting mechs and coolshots offering instant heat relief, these weapon modules will need to be much more significant then a 1% increase in range to get any use.

17 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users