Is It Time To Un-Nerf The Catapult?

44 replies to this topic

Poll: cat nerf (89 member(s) have cast votes)

Is it time to un-Nerf the Catapult?

1. YES!!! They have been oppressed and forced into obsolescence long enough! Free the Cat! (76 votes [85.39%])

Percentage of vote: 85.39%

2. No! They are fine as they are, serving as meat shield for their betters! (13 votes [14.61%])

Percentage of vote: 14.61%

How should they fix the Catapult?

1. Restore it's agility (59 votes [37.34%])

Percentage of vote: 37.34%

2. Add the Module Slot to the K2 (44 votes [27.85%])

Percentage of vote: 27.85%

3. Other (please explain) (16 votes [10.13%])

Percentage of vote: 10.13%

4. Could I just pretty please have a frikking lazor beam in the head so I could mount a TAG? (27 votes [17.09%])

Percentage of vote: 17.09%

5. I said they din't need to be fixed! Are you illiterate or something? (12 votes [7.59%])

Percentage of vote: 7.59%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Knightshadowsong

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 290 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:58 PM

I think that the Catapult needs some love. I got a decent build on mine but honestly, I feel like as much as I can work with it (probably because I didn't play this doing closed bata) it could be SOOO much more. so yeah, give them a bit more armor and MAYBE a bit more in the way of fire power. maybe another missile hard point on those that can mount missiles besides the A1.

#42 BP Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:36 PM

View PostRagnar Darkmane, on 19 February 2014 - 09:23 AM, said:

What the Catapult needs the most, besides an agility buff, is a massively buffed cockpit hitzone. Seriously, that hitzone is like at least 80% larger than that of pretty much any other mech. Reduce it to a single window and make the rest part of the CT. Right now not only does the Catapult have pretty much the easiest to focus on and hit CT, it also has the largest cockpit hitbox (not to mention the over the top missile rack hitboxes). Even if you actually fail to one or twoshot a Cat through the over the top cockpit you still hit that massive CT that is not all that well armored. This makes the Cat inferior to all the alternatives with A1/C1 LRM-Boats with JJs being the only viable unique build...
Except for that the Jagermech basically entirely invalidates the Cat in any way imaginable.

Definitely not. Just easily one or twoshotted the both Cats that actually ended up in close combat with me yesterday by somewhat aiming towards the cockpit with my 5x LL Boat Stalker...

Go into the testing grounds and check out the hitbox ... it's now only the inner portion of the upper window, I would say that either you got lucky and hit someone who was head critical, or just shot a damaged CT and they went down.

#43 Funky Bacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:16 PM

I just wish it had a lot more torso pitch range so it could, you know, aim up or down a small slope. =/
at least give it 20 degree instead of that measly 16 degree range. Only other mech that have that low pitch range is the Atlas, but it have a very good arm range and loadout to make up for it.

#44 Dirus Nigh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:38 PM

The only real fix the catapult needs is to roll back the arm mounted missile box change. Then redo how the dynamic weapon mounts work.

Give back the LRM15 sized box. If a player mounts missile weapons equal to or less than 15 missile tubes, then the 15 box is used. If it is more than 15 use teh 20 tube box. If the number off missiles is over 20 then mount an exterior box.

#45 CrashieJ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • LocationGalatea (Mercenary's Star)

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:55 PM

View PostFupDup, on 20 January 2014 - 05:30 PM, said:

Speaking of tactical skillz, the 6 PPC Stalker was a horrible loadout. The 4 PPC variant was effective, ridiculously effective, but 6 PPCs was never good. Ever.

oh it was good loadout before Ghost Heat, with the right mindset and the reliance on distractions, a 6PPC stalker can easily ruin Light and some Medium Mech's days in a snap.

Granted 4 PPCs on chainfire was pure dakka goodness, 6PPCs on a stalker was no joke with a good lead and an alpha shot, even when Overheated in a covered place, it just made it harder to spot for missiles.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users