Since 2 Patches, Bad Shutdowns, Corruption Objects.pak

8 replies to this topic

#1 Rebel Ace Fryslan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 440 posts
  • LocationAd Astra

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:54 AM

I know you can get corruption from the system itself.

But i think it's more an issue that came with the last 2 patches.
Why:
  • The game has more frequent issues to shutdown, from the startscreen.
  • It almost only objects.pak that is corrupted.
  • It never accured in this manner before the last 2 patches.
  • and it also get corrupted without a forced shutdown.

Edited by Rebel Ace Fryslan, 28 January 2014 - 03:56 AM.

#2 Jam the Bam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:46 AM

If you are talking about the game crashing from the windowed startscreen I've been seeing that a lot too, having to restart the client 3-4 times a night.

#3 warner2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:15 PM

The repair tool will fix corrupt .pak files for you. If that itself fails you'll have to download a new file by hand from here: http://patcher.mwome...ame/Objects.pak

I'm downloading them all the time. Almost every patch day breaks a .pak file or two for me, and sometimes they break in-between patches too.

Edited by warner2, 28 January 2014 - 04:16 PM.

#4 Marvyn Dodgers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCanuck transplanted in the US

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:45 PM

If the repair tool doesn't work (can't speak to warner2's link as I haven't tried that before), please submit a support ticket with a DXDiag and Omicron log attached (look them up on forums or PM me for how to get them). Good luck with resolution and happy hunting.

#5 1Sascha

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:49 AM

Can't quite confirm that this has started since the last two patches for me, but it seems close. In my case, I'm getting unusually frequent crashes to desktop. Happened when dead and trying to switch to a different player, happened on mission end (before summary screen was displayed). This is frequent enough for me to notice. In the past, I almost never had trouble with CTDs.

Ran the repair tool which reported no mismatches detected.

Probably unrelated, but I also had quite a few instances a few days ago where I logged in, didn't do anything for a minute or two and the game would give me a "session lost" error.

S.

#6 Marvyn Dodgers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCanuck transplanted in the US

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:43 PM

The session will time out if you are sitting in the mechlab for too long (though a minute or two seems to short). If repair tool doesn't work and you still have issues, try submitting a support ticket with an explanation and DXDiag and Omicron log (search forums if you need to know how to do either) attached. Good luck with resolution.

#7 warner2

• 1,101 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:51 AM

View PostMarvyn Dodgers, on 28 January 2014 - 04:45 PM, said:

If the repair tool doesn't work (can't speak to warner2's link as I haven't tried that before), please submit a support ticket with a DXDiag and Omicron log attached (look them up on forums or PM me for how to get them). Good luck with resolution and happy hunting.

Indeed, the link which I've used for months doesn't work any more. I'm worried now because this coming patch I'll almost certainly be boned. I'm going to send in a pre-emptive support case to find out if it's moved or been blocked.

#8 warner2

• 1,101 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:06 AM

View Postwarner2, on 31 January 2014 - 09:51 AM, said:

Indeed, the link which I've used for months doesn't work any more. I'm worried now because this coming patch I'll almost certainly be boned. I'm going to send in a pre-emptive support case to find out if it's moved or been blocked.

Strangely this started working just after I'd typed up the support case, so those files can be manually downloaded from there.

#9 1Sascha

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:38 AM

View PostMarvyn Dodgers, on 30 January 2014 - 04:43 PM, said:

The session will time out if you are sitting in the mechlab for too long (though a minute or two seems to short). If repair tool doesn't work and you still have issues, try submitting a support ticket with an explanation and DXDiag and Omicron log (search forums if you need to know how to do either) attached. Good luck with resolution.

I'm aware of the time-out-issue. However: This was right after logging in plus one or two minutes, tops. Got in, waited for the game to "wake up" so I switched over to my browser to quickly read something. When I went back to the game about a minute later or so, thinking now I'd be able to actually access Mechlab, it gave me the "session lost" error. I'm guessing it must've been some sort of net-related hic-up - I haven't gotten the error again since I posted it here.

S.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users