Visual Weapon Customization For Older Mechs

10 replies to this topic

#1 Adrius ADI Manthays

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII - Solaris City - Silesia District

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:39 AM

Sry for the new Topic but i can't find a Topic for the Info.

Few of new Mechs in last time have the Visual Weapon Update for this Chassis.
Few of Older Mechs have the Update after the Hero Mech coming out.

But what is with Older Mechs he have a Hero without the Visual Weapon Update.

The following Mechs have no Visual Weapon Update.

Centurio, Commando, Dragon, Cataphract, Awesome, Cicada... maybe i have forgot a another one

rgr&out

Edited by Adrak Manta, 25 January 2014 - 07:28 AM.

#2 Racklesnack

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 291 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:41 AM

The cicada should be on that list too

#3 Sorho

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:58 AM

Be careful what you wish for, the Hunchback upgrade was pretty bad.

#4 Adrius ADI Manthays

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII - Solaris City - Silesia District

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:04 AM

@Sorho

Maybe yes or not, but in my opinion it's cool to see the right weapons on the Mechs.
I hope PGI don't forget the Older Mechs.

rgr&out

#5 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:10 AM

In general, they have updated older mechs when they put out a Hero for them. Atlas got updated when the Boar's Head came out, Jenner with the Oxide, Hunchback with the Grid Iron, and, IIRC, the Catapult got updated when the Jester came out. All of the mechs you list have not been updated because they have not had a Hero come out since they started with the improved visual representation of weapons. I agree that it would be nice for these older mechs to get updated, especially the Cataphract, it being as popular as it is.

#6 Spheroid

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,064 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:18 AM

They seem more competent handling the ballistics. I have a bad, bad feeling how the Centurion missiles tubes would turn out.

#7 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:42 AM

View PostSpheroid, on 25 January 2014 - 07:18 AM, said:

They seem more competent handling the ballistics. I have a bad, bad feeling how the Centurion missiles tubes would turn out.

Honestly, I'd be happy if there was a way to remove the damn doors. Last time I busted out a Cent I hadn't used them for a few weeks and forgot about them. They delay confused me for a few seconds, and I realized what was going on about 3 seconds before I got fully shot to bits.

#8 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:56 AM

Commando, Spider, Raven, Cicada, Blackjack, Centurion, Trebuchet, Dragon, Cataphract, Awesome, Stalker

All need updates to their weapon models.

#9 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:08 AM

View PostSorho, on 25 January 2014 - 06:58 AM, said:

Be careful what you wish for, the Hunchback upgrade was pretty bad.

as a dedicated HBK lover I would disagree. See hunchless HBKs is great, as does the 4P actually looking distinct from the ballistic models. Personally, I love it.

My only complaint, actually, is with MGs on them. They have this massive shroud covering the 14 ton autocannon, but the .5 ton MGs are just taped to the front looking like evil mech nipples? :P

#10 NovaWasp

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:26 AM

I just wish my Cicada 3M didn't have a UAC when I only run 4 ML.

#11 Equalizer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 138 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:04 AM

My feelings towards visual updates on older mechs are kind of mixed. The reason for this is twofold:

1. I still can't forgive them what they did with Catapults - the strap-on launchers are rather ugly and the old PPC arms on the K2 were far better looking than the current model. I really wouldn't want something like that to happen to the Awesome's PPCs for example. As for the strap-on launchers - who the hell would count missile tubes when it is already obvious that you're facing a missile Catapult, due to its HUGE missile racks, and you get its exact loadout in the target window.

2. On the other hand, what they did to K2's torso mounted weapons looks pretty sick and I also quite like the HBK's visual update. I also very much like the Highlander and Thunderbolt style launchers, where you get the number of tubes INSIDE the launcher itself.

So, while I generally like the visual updates idea and look forward to them, I'd really like PGI to give these a little more thought and apply them somewhat more selectively than in the past. I wouldn't want to see the current PPC model sticking out of mech torsos or strapped on a la Battlemaster PPC/gun arm on any of the old mechs (that are all far better looking IMO than recent Phoenix mechs).

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users