Bring Back The Cn9-Ah!

320 replies to this topic

#121 GrandLocomon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:07 PM

Super bump for great mech justice! PGI always puts the yen lo on sale like it's worthless anyway! Return the CN9-AH!!!!!

#122 Daekar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:02 PM

View PostGrandLocomon, on 15 March 2014 - 07:07 PM, said:

Super bump for great mech justice! PGI always puts the yen lo on sale like it's worthless anyway! Return the CN9-AH!!!!!

That's because it IS worthless. I've got one, and there is absolutely no reason for me to use it ever again. If they added another energy hardpoint to a torso, it would immediately become useful again. Alas, I don't see it happening. Whenever I get the urge for medium mech AC/20 action, I drop in my BJ-1... a prime example of power creep, there.

Actually, Centurions are mostly useless now. The A variant was good, but since SRMs don't work right it's an exercise in futility to get effective firepower out of it.

#123 Voidsinger

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationAstral Space

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:12 PM

View PostDaekar, on 17 March 2014 - 10:02 PM, said:

That's because it IS worthless. I've got one, and there is absolutely no reason for me to use it ever again. If they added another energy hardpoint to a torso, it would immediately become useful again. Alas, I don't see it happening. Whenever I get the urge for medium mech AC/20 action, I drop in my BJ-1... a prime example of power creep, there.

Actually, Centurions are mostly useless now. The A variant was good, but since SRMs don't work right it's an exercise in futility to get effective firepower out of it.

This is a matter of opinion. Everybody has mechs they just don't get along with for some reason (sometimes we return to them and do great).

The BJ-1? Absolute abuse of the hardpoint system and fixed actuators to carry a load no Blackjack would.

Effective firepower is another highly subjective term.

#124 GrandLocomon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:50 PM

View PostVoidsinger, on 17 March 2014 - 10:12 PM, said:

Everybody has mechs they just don't get along with for some reason

For me, it's the dragon slayer. Even before today's nerf. Despised it, it can't do anything my heavy metal or even protector [small size compared to tonnage] could [note all three are 3E 2M 2B]. Then again, I refused to XL it, giant front side torso hitbox and all, which people say is what you have to do for victors... anyway back to topic.

Maybe if PGI doesn't have a reason to bring CN9-AH back. So why not make a reason? Sell it MC only for a week at first as they do with other things. I like the fact that it was ammo dependant. It is interesting. Makes you explode more, but more explosions = more fun. More options for variants of mech to level is never a bad thing either. I'm happy when there is more than 3 standard variants for a mech. Having said that, I do own most of the heroes anyway. Choice is a good thing, also good for the PokeMech collectors out there.

#125 Bagheera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:59 AM

The -AH managed to get a message out to me from its exile on Centurion Island:

Wants everyone to know how much it dreams of getting to hurl lrms at the unwashed masses and hopes its exile will end before lrms are nerfed again in the endless round robin of balance.

#126 HammerSwarm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 754 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:15 PM

Free the AH. Let it loose.

#127 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:22 PM

The CN9-AH is, IMO, the perfect medium class support platform of the Succession Wars era. It was a travesty to see it removed from MWO. I also think the effort required to return it should be minimal - the model's already existing, and the variant doesn't require any special tweaks.

#128 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:30 PM

View PostDaekar, on 17 March 2014 - 10:02 PM, said:

Really, you have a CN9-AH? That's impressive, since it was removed from the game over a year ago.

The AH was a fun mech, and while I don't think it would do exceptionally well in today's meta, the fact that SRMs are broken hasn't stopped PGI from introducing dozens of other variants that rely on them (looking at you, Kintaro).

Just because you think the CN9-A is better/more fun, doesn't mean there aren't any players at all that would like to see a medium that can do an AC20 and SRMs together.

It's time to bring back the AH.

#129 Voidsinger

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationAstral Space

Posted 19 March 2014 - 02:43 PM

Hey guys, I'm willing to blow half my C-bill stash (~1.1 Billion total right now), to buy a jumpship and small dropship, and go on a special rescue mission to bring back the AH.

Looking for intrepid mechwarriors to join a quest that will rival Jason's.

Are you warrior enough to take up the challenge and become an AH-naut?

#130 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 19 March 2014 - 06:34 PM

While I was working on an excel sheet to use for future private match stock battles, I noticed this... something is missing. I had a sad moment of realization.

Posted Image

In case anyone is wondering, the picture on the right is the assignment table from "Historical Turning Points: Galtor." Creating a bunch of lists for historical battles and a general list of all stock mechs available, rough draft of course.. (just noticed I put JR7-K spider, good grief rough drafts).

CN9-AH Forever

Edited by General Taskeen, 19 March 2014 - 06:51 PM.

#131 GrandLocomon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:05 PM

View Postaniviron, on 19 March 2014 - 12:30 PM, said:

Really, you have a CN9-AH? That's impressive, since it was removed from the game over a year ago.

He was talking about the Yen Lo Wang. He was responding to my post.

Show the fans some love PGI! We can handle the CN9-AH!

#132 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:09 PM

View Postcdlord, on 25 January 2014 - 01:51 PM, said:

Why? Because it'd give people a non-hero option for packing an AC20 and it differs from the YLW by removing the energy hardpoints from the CT and adding missile hardpoints to the LT. Easy.

Oh, and yes, I know I have posted this before but a search did not allow me to find it to bump.

Posted Image

At the time it was more powerful than the Yen Lo Wang because lasers were borked and missiles were OP.
Now it's the other way around, and honestly with a lower engine limit there's absolutely nothing wrong with a CN9-AH that would be overpowered or even 'rival' the Yen Lo Wang. So there shouldn't be any issue with seeing its return. I certainly miss it.

#133 HammerSwarm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 754 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:14 AM

View PostKoniving, on 26 March 2014 - 05:09 PM, said:

At the time it was more powerful than the Yen Lo Wang because lasers were borked and missiles were OP.
Now it's the other way around, and honestly with a lower engine limit there's absolutely nothing wrong with a CN9-AH that would be overpowered or even 'rival' the Yen Lo Wang. So there shouldn't be any issue with seeing its return. I certainly miss it.

The saddest part for me is that I'd own both this and the Yen Low Wang if I could. I own all four centurions now and would gladly buy another if it were available. The idea that it'd be one or the other is silly many of us would own both.

Edited by HammerSwarm, 27 March 2014 - 05:15 AM.

#134 Hobo Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 597 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:21 AM

View PostHammerSwarm, on 27 March 2014 - 05:14 AM, said:

The saddest part for me is that I'd own both this and the Yen Low Wang if I could. I own all four centurions now and would gladly buy another if it were available. The idea that it'd be one or the other is silly many of us would own both.

Same here. I own and use them all and the -AH would join the rotation. #freeCN9-AH

#135 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:27 AM

I still own every single Awesome if that says anything. >.>

#136 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:31 AM

I would still own the AH if it wasn't deleted from my mechbay :rolleyes:

#137 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:32 PM

Posted Image

#138 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:42 AM

Resurrecting thread to signify the resurrection of the CN9-AH!

#139 Bagheera

• 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:39 PM

First Page, Every Day.

#140 Bjarnulf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 175 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:35 AM

Why oh why is my beloved CN9-AH not here yet?
I promise not to complain about MWO for the next 1 1/2 years if we get this treasure back!

18 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users