#21 AaronWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 652 posts
  • LocationSunshine state.

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:36 AM

View PostTerciel1976, on 27 January 2014 - 07:20 AM, said:

Oh, I have a lot of fun. If I wasn't, I wouldn't spend my time on a game. I just don't like doing anything this much and not trying to do it well.

Understandable.

I sat at .23 KDR on basically all my Hunchbacks and have been working on them due to wanting to get better at playing them.

Now I have raised my general KDR way higher due to all the work.
Spoiler

All thanks to working with some awesome Marik pilots and my buddies. ;) Teamwork OP.

#22 Piney II

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:08 AM

Wow!

No e-peen posts about 6.0 KDRs? ;)

#23 AaronWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 652 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:17 AM

View PostPiney, on 27 January 2014 - 08:08 AM, said:

Wow!

No e-peen posts about 6.0 KDRs? ;)

I hope I haven't opened pandora's box... :D

#24 Krujiente

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:21 AM

a lot of mediums have a pretty high KDR (>2 for a few). I don't do as well kill wise on heavier mechs but I do more damage. Mediums are generally good at having enough guns and speed for finishing what people start before the victim can get to safety. Catafracts tend to be a crazy gun mech because of its gravitation towards ACs + PPCs + jumpjets or just ACs w/ a magnificent arm swivel and a lower profile for a 70 ton mech.

My regular KDR hovers pretty steadily at 1.33, partially because I use mechs with single heatsinks until they "Earn" double heatsinks, and partially because I don't minmax too much and like making interesting and weird builds then battletesting them.

Edited by Krujiente, 27 January 2014 - 08:23 AM.

#25 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:35 AM

Since joining C4 and playing regularly with a group of people whose reactions I can predict my kdr has skyrocketed from .37 to 1.07 (took a couple of months)

You really need to spend some time trying different things and seeing what works for you. Sometimes friends might have a better build than you. I hated pulse lasers forever until a buddy suggested I try 3 of them in my spider and now I'm an addict

#26 dragnier1

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:49 AM

Kdr should improve over time, whether you pursue it or not. Mine improved from 0.2x to 1.03 once i became more experienced. I wouldn't say it's useless though, its value rest on each individual mechwarrior ;)

Edited by dragnier1, 27 January 2014 - 08:49 AM.

#27 Wrathful-Khan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 198 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:18 AM

In my first mech I have a ratio of 0.67. After many many hours of playing, trying new mechs and learning the game I was finally able to get it into 1+ after maybe 300 matches. Now 1200 matches in it's 1.5 and always rising. So I guess it's true what they say about practice.

I would say that learning to stay alive is more important for a healthy KDR than getting kills. ie: Improve the deaths aspect rather than the kills aspect.

Edited by Indiandream, 27 January 2014 - 09:30 AM.

#28 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:25 AM

But for those people that seem to play more of a support role i really wish they would tally up Assists. Personally i will take 5 or 6 good assists and no kills, over a couple cheap kills. But that darn ration eat's at me.. I wanna be at 1.0+ for a change.. ;)

This. I'll end games where I've sandblasted half the enemy team with AC fire to keep their heads down while the rest of my buddies go in for the kills and end up with 5-6 assists per round...and a KDR in the .5 range. 300+ damage...with AC/2's. Sure, I'll frequently knock parts off or destroy bits of a 'Mech, but most times the kill shot comes from someone not hammering away at 700m. My kills usually only come when someone's dumb enough to close and eats the point defense lasers. It's not like I'm not taking fire back, either. Shooting 3-4 ridge humpers generally means they all shoot back at me!

It's not like they don't figure out how much of a kill you helped out with, that's how they tally assist xp.

#29 AaronWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 652 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:34 AM

View Postwanderer, on 27 January 2014 - 09:25 AM, said:

This. I'll end games where I've sandblasted half the enemy team with AC fire to keep their heads down while the rest of my buddies go in for the kills and end up with 5-6 assists per round...and a KDR in the .5 range. 300+ damage...with AC/2's. Sure, I'll frequently knock parts off or destroy bits of a 'Mech, but most times the kill shot comes from someone not hammering away at 700m. My kills usually only come when someone's dumb enough to close and eats the point defense lasers. It's not like I'm not taking fire back, either. Shooting 3-4 ridge humpers generally means they all shoot back at me!

It's not like they don't figure out how much of a kill you helped out with, that's how they tally assist xp.

It would be nice if they showed assists, lifetime and per-mech basis.

#30 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:45 AM

Yep. Plenty of times I blasted the tar out of something with LRMs...it then limped behind cover and random scout poked it with a few lasers. Kill to the scout, assist to me.

Same with backlining it with an AC/2 boat. Rip something up, it goes to ground, someone else finishes it....

...and that never shows in your stats.

#31 smokefield

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Locationalways on

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:48 AM

and here i am struggling to keep my kd ratio as low as possible..lol.

#32 UPnADAM

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 381 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:52 AM

Wins / Losses 2,633 / 1,657
Kill / Death Ratio 1.59
Mostly lugging with rare 4 mans and even rarer 12s. Mediums and heavies. Except my commando.

#33 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:21 AM

W/L 3093/2517

KDR 1.21

If I ran light mechs I am sure my KDR would be much worse.

#34 Krujiente

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:25 AM

View PostUPnADAM, on 27 January 2014 - 09:52 AM, said:

Wins / Losses 2,633 / 1,657
Kill / Death Ratio 1.59
Mostly lugging with rare 4 mans and even rarer 12s. Mediums and heavies. Except my commando.

I really need to get into the teamspeak server and do premades with actual people. I have two friends that still play the game and 1 that plays it competently :V "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD _____ TWIST YOUR TORSO DON'T STARE AT IT"

#35 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:34 AM

Yeah, mine's been .88 and very gradually creeping up, forever. I'm an aggressive player, so I tend to have loads of assists, but only a few kills here and there.

I also mostly pilot Lights and Mediums, which doesn't help.

When I'm in my assault mechs, the ratio flips.

#36 jper4

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:39 AM

left closed beta at .4 and now at .94 after 4k matches, peaked at ,96 but dropped to .92 when phoenix mechs came out- i die lots whenever i try a new chassis and have to try and recover from there. Gridiron is proving difficult 70 matches now and stuck at .5 kdr (usually takes me 40 or so matches to start seeing improvement on a chasis)

on th plus sid ethough i'm only 5 wins away from a 1.0 w/l so even while dying horribly of late my teams have been able to overcome the handicap of me being on them to keep my w/l totals steadily rising.

#37 AaronWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 652 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:51 AM

View PostTanar, on 27 January 2014 - 10:39 AM, said:

left closed beta at .4 and now at .94 after 4k matches, peaked at ,96 but dropped to .92 when phoenix mechs came out- i die lots whenever i try a new chassis and have to try and recover from there. Gridiron is proving difficult 70 matches now and stuck at .5 kdr (usually takes me 40 or so matches to start seeing improvement on a chasis)

on th plus sid ethough i'm only 5 wins away from a 1.0 w/l so even while dying horribly of late my teams have been able to overcome the handicap of me being on them to keep my w/l totals steadily rising.

To be honest, its hard to use HBK's these days with lots of heavy/assaults running around. And everyone knows to shoot at the hunch, since it is where much of our armaments generally are.

#38 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:36 PM

View PostAaronWolf, on 27 January 2014 - 11:51 AM, said:

To be honest, its hard to use HBK's these days with lots of heavy/assaults running around. And everyone knows to shoot at the hunch, since it is where much of our armaments generally are.

Yeah. My main gun is here and targetable from everywhere!!

I'm leveling them now because I'm a "try it myself" guy and they're pretty iconic. They're kinda bad. ;)

#39 AaronWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 652 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:39 PM

View PostTerciel1976, on 27 January 2014 - 12:36 PM, said:

They're kinda bad. :wacko:

O,..,O I refuse to accept this notion of any Chassis being "Bad".

I will accept the thought of one being "Less effective in specific combat instances." ;)

#40 Krujiente

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:43 PM

View PostTerciel1976, on 27 January 2014 - 12:36 PM, said:

Yeah. My main gun is here and targetable from everywhere!!

I'm leveling them now because I'm a "try it myself" guy and they're pretty iconic. They're kinda bad. ;)

Mock not my hunchbros. they're heavy alpha flankers but the chassis doesn't really work for brawling. The 4P and 4SP are the best of them though.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users