Frustrated

58 replies to this topic

#1 Zaktavian

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:02 AM

Upon discovery I have laid down money for the past 4 months. Personally, I wish to support this. A throwback to my youth. 33 bucks a month Canadian. No problem paying. A little annoyed with the fact you only get +50%.... bunk. Oh, yeah and the colour purple costs a lot too. Right, get an atlas decal and only on an atlas. Seriously, if you want this to last, which I hope it will, give the money payers a little more incentive please. Done rant.

#2 Rhaythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:25 AM

If you absolutely want to contribute to the game, might I suggest hero mechs as an alternative to constantly buying premium time? I feel you get a little more bang for the buck that way.

#3 xTrident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 655 posts
  • LocationWork or Home

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:34 AM

I don't think bang for your buck exists in this game. Considering what you get for the money you spend, the fact that it's been pointed out that the player really doesn't own anything even after you spend money on it... I'm not seeing it. I spent the money so I could simply do something in the game without it being such a damned grind. I really don't feel like I've gotten much for the money, but in retrospect I am glad I decided to do it because I wouldn't have jack s*** right now if I hadn't.

#4 Felbombling

• 2,978 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:33 AM

It would be great if everyone threw PGI about $30.00+ to play the game, but they indeed have a fairly high pricing model built into it. From an entertainment perspective, $1.00 a day for premium time would be fantastic. Compare that with going out to the movies for $13.00 a ticket and $12.00 for a popcorn and drink. I, too, have found the paint and pattern prices to be a slight put off, but will probably buy at least two camo patterns and about six colours to support the cause... when they're on sale, of course.

#5 Warblood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 503 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Qc, Cnd

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:39 PM

...it's been pointed out that the player really doesn't own anything even after you spend money on it...

All online games that have digital content do this.. its in the ToS you agreed to when you installed the game.

The reason for this is they have a copyright an every thing in the game.. so you can't own it.
In online games which require you to have subscription to play, that monthly or bi-monthly subscription pays for you to have the "right to use that content".

#6 xTrident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 655 posts
  • LocationWork or Home

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:04 PM

View PostWarblood, on 28 January 2014 - 12:39 PM, said:

All online games that have digital content do this.. its in the ToS you agreed to when you installed the game.

The reason for this is they have a copyright an every thing in the game.. so you can't own it.
In online games which require you to have subscription to play, that monthly or bi-monthly subscription pays for you to have the "right to use that content".

View PostWarblood, on 28 January 2014 - 12:39 PM, said:

Fair enough. But then I have another problem if that's the case because I'm then comparing this game to the only other game I've paid to play online. (Granted I didn't have to pay to play this one, but please bare with me)

WoW is a game in which you can buy the content to install then you pay to play it. For me, paying to play that game online I didn't have a worry because I knew what I was going to be getting. Bizzard and the game had a very solid backbone, an absolutely ton of players and was generally reputable. Blizzard has made some good games. It was a lot more clear. You pay your subscription and basically the entire game is unlocked for you. Oh, and as much money as I dumped into that game, which I'd hate to see at this point - there is no comparison between WoW and MWO. And I'm not just talking from a genre standpoint. I think I was paying $40 for three months. I could have paid for more time a little cheaper rate per month but I wasn't sure how long I was going to go. Anyway, I never really felt like Blizzard was over charging, or that I was left hanging with nothing to show for the money spent. I dropped $50 on MWO and got a couple mechs and converted some XP to GXP to get an important module, imo. I'm down to less than a quarter of my MC already. Which means on just those three things I've spent almost $40 on it. I stick to my original comment that I'm glad I've got what I've got, but at the same time... Hardly seems worth spending money on at this point. I mean,

And maybe that's the biggest problem, not worth spending money on, not yet. WoW is a massive completed game, while MWO seems to be a continued work in progress with a fraction of the content WoW offers.

This is just my two cents pertaining to spending money on MWO.

Edited by xTrident, 28 January 2014 - 01:06 PM.

#7 LauLiao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:49 PM

View PostxTrident, on 28 January 2014 - 01:04 PM, said:

Fair enough. But then I have another problem if that's the case because I'm then comparing this game to the only other game I've paid to play online. (Granted I didn't have to pay to play this one, but please bare with me)

WoW is a game in which you can buy the content to install then you pay to play it. For me, paying to play that game online I didn't have a worry because I knew what I was going to be getting. Bizzard and the game had a very solid backbone, an absolutely ton of players and was generally reputable. Blizzard has made some good games. It was a lot more clear. You pay your subscription and basically the entire game is unlocked for you. Oh, and as much money as I dumped into that game, which I'd hate to see at this point - there is no comparison between WoW and MWO. And I'm not just talking from a genre standpoint. I think I was paying $40 for three months. I could have paid for more time a little cheaper rate per month but I wasn't sure how long I was going to go. Anyway, I never really felt like Blizzard was over charging, or that I was left hanging with nothing to show for the money spent. I dropped $50 on MWO and got a couple mechs and converted some XP to GXP to get an important module, imo. I'm down to less than a quarter of my MC already. Which means on just those three things I've spent almost $40 on it. I stick to my original comment that I'm glad I've got what I've got, but at the same time... Hardly seems worth spending money on at this point. I mean,

And maybe that's the biggest problem, not worth spending money on, not yet. WoW is a massive completed game, while MWO seems to be a continued work in progress with a fraction of the content WoW offers.

There is no "Free to play" option in WoW. The two are not at all comparable.

#8 Ngamok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:53 PM

View PostxTrident, on 28 January 2014 - 01:04 PM, said:

At any point, Blizzard can take everything away. Then you have nothing.

#9 xTrident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 655 posts
  • LocationWork or Home

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:50 PM

View PostLauLiao, on 28 January 2014 - 01:49 PM, said:

There is no "Free to play" option in WoW. The two are not at all comparable.

I did say "(Granted I didn't have to pay to play this one, but please bare with me)"

And I was replying a guy that specifically mentioned pay to play... WoW is pay to play. And the rest of my comment was a way of explaining why I have much less of a problem paying them to play.

View PostNgamok, on 28 January 2014 - 01:53 PM, said:

Uh huh, and I guess I didn't make it real clear. But I have or had more trust in Blizzard than I do PGI right now based on many comments in the forums and overall development of the game.

#10 6xero9

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:59 PM

It would be great if everyone threw PGI about $30.00+ to play the game, but they indeed have a fairly high pricing model built into it. From an entertainment perspective, $1.00 a day for premium time would be fantastic. Compare that with going out to the movies for $13.00 a ticket and $12.00 for a popcorn and drink. I, too, have found the paint and pattern prices to be a slight put off, but will probably buy at least two camo patterns and about six colours to support the cause... when they're on sale, of course.

I'll send them money when I see progress on being more then arena matches, I would like CW sometime soon, but I don't think it's worth spending money on a game that keeps missing it's deadlines

#11 CrashieJ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • LocationGalatea (Mercenary's Star)

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:17 PM

View PostNgamok, on 28 January 2014 - 01:53 PM, said:

I have Starcraft 2... and I have all the character models...

Your logic is invalid

#12 xTrident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 655 posts
  • LocationWork or Home

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:23 PM

View Post6xero9, on 28 January 2014 - 04:59 PM, said:

I'll send them money when I see progress on being more then arena matches, I would like CW sometime soon, but I don't think it's worth spending money on a game that keeps missing it's deadlines

^This, so much this.

#13 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:25 AM

View Postgavilatius, on 28 January 2014 - 05:17 PM, said:

I have Starcraft 2... and I have all the character models...

Your logic is invalid

Pretty sure instead of you just replying to my statement, you should include what I was replying to. he said World of Warcraft which if Blizzard decides at any point to either shut down the game or close his account for violating anything they see fit, he would have nothing then.

But it's ok, you got Star Craft 2.

#14 TygerLily

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:29 AM

The only shaft F2P players get is in the Mechbay department...And those are a cheap remedy: $1.50...

Edited by TygerLily, 29 January 2014 - 09:29 AM.

#15 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:34 AM

View PostTygerLily, on 29 January 2014 - 09:29 AM, said:

The only shaft F2P players get is in the Mechbay department...And those are a cheap remedy: $1.50...

It is worse elsewhere. Much worse. In Warframe, you get 2 warframe slots. That's it.

#16 6xero9

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:00 PM

It is worse elsewhere. Much worse. In Warframe, you get 2 warframe slots. That's it.

But, they do start you off with 50 Platinum if you wanna buy another slot, AND there is trading so you can sell thing for platinum. MWO doesn't even have trading, so if you don't want to spend money in the game, 4 mech bays Is all you'll get, period. Now, I'm not against spending money on a game usually, but MWO seems to me that it's just crawling along, doing bare minimum of work to keep more money for the short term, so I feel this is going to be one of those game that will die out just shy of anything note worthy.

#17 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:49 AM

View PostRhaythe, on 29 January 2014 - 09:34 AM, said:

Defiance has 3 character slots only. And if I remember correctly, GW2 had 5.

Edited by Ngamok, 30 January 2014 - 10:49 AM.

#18 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:17 AM

View Post6xero9, on 29 January 2014 - 02:00 PM, said:

so if you don't want to spend money in the game, 4 mech bays Is all you'll get, period. Now, I'm not against spending money on a game usually, but MWO seems to me that it's just crawling along, doing bare minimum of work to keep more money for the short term, so I feel this is going to be one of those game that will die out just shy of anything note worthy.

Then don't spend money but don't complain about what you get for free......

#19 6xero9

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:30 PM

Then don't spend money but don't complain about what you get for free......

I shouldn't complain about a F2P game making certain elements P2P only? Hell, if you don't spend money, it's a trial version with no expiration... The last Trial for an online game I played was for EVE Online, and that game appealed to me enough to get a subscription to keep playing it (they also seem to be keeping players informed but that's something else)

#20 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:16 PM

View Post6xero9, on 30 January 2014 - 02:30 PM, said:

I shouldn't complain about a F2P game making certain elements P2P only? Hell, if you don't spend money, it's a trial version with no expiration... The last Trial for an online game I played was for EVE Online, and that game appealed to me enough to get a subscription to keep playing it (they also seem to be keeping players informed but that's something else)

There's no P2P here. There's no P2W here. The ONLY thing you can't get for free are hero mechs. That's it. You don't need those to win or play.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users