• Veteran Founder
  • 722 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:49 AM

Here's to fixing everyting. *toast*

#22 verybad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:56 AM

Could care less. Waiting 6 months before I come back to see if the game is worth bothering. It's just not that much fun. A change in the UI is less than exciting. This was promised over a year ago. Whoopee, being out the hats and balloons. I'm having much more fun playing Planetary Annihilation..

t's not like I'm gonna erase this from my hard drive, but I don't see how I'm ever gonna get my value for cost out of this.

Now we're not even expecting community warfare till after clans are in so...

*meh*

Edited by verybad, 29 January 2014 - 10:57 AM.

#23 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:01 AM

View PostRhaythe, on 29 January 2014 - 10:29 AM, said:

Keep in mind - it's always easier to edit a rough draft once it's on paper. It's hard to edit a blank document.

Getting it out will shine a light on its faults quickly; hopefully PGI will be quick on the fixes.

Like their quick fixes for collisions, HSR, SRMs, etc? Hope hard. :D

#24 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:04 AM

View PostRG Notch, on 29 January 2014 - 11:01 AM, said:

Like their quick fixes for collisions, HSR, SRMs, etc? Hope hard. :D

Gee, aren't you a spout of creative and original thinking.

Yes, I'm being optimistic. God forbid.

#25 anfadern

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 270 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:08 AM

View Postverybad, on 29 January 2014 - 10:56 AM, said:

Could care less. Waiting 6 months before I come back to see if the game is worth bothering. It's just not that much fun. A change in the UI is less than exciting. This was promised over a year ago. Whoopee, being out the hats and balloons. I'm having much more fun playing Planetary Annihilation..

t's not like I'm gonna erase this from my hard drive, but I don't see how I'm ever gonna get my value for cost out of this.

Now we're not even expecting community warfare till after clans are in so...

*meh*

I agree that the development of the game is way to slow, still this is the first substantial addition to the game in a long time! So I am really looking forward to it and hope that a long string of good things will follow.

Planetary Annihilation doesn't look like much of a substitute, not to me at least.
I am a bit attached to the idea of a working game with huge metal robots! :D

I've been around for a long time since closed beta....
I will have a little bit of patience ...
Hoping it will turn out great.

#26 tayhimself

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 334 posts
  • LocationAn island

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:28 PM

View PostIacov, on 28 January 2014 - 12:59 PM, said:

just to add it...
i hope everyone realsizes that "UI 2.0" is not only the "visible UI"...as far as a non-professional can tell, it will be a major restructuring of the underlying framework

What underlying framework is being restructured? I don't see evidence of anything and I feel like PGI should be more clear considering the long delays that we have suffered through.

They rewrote the UI from whatever framework/library it uses now and switched to a different one.
This will not make it magically easier to implement features on the server side although it might do so on the front end. Considering CW, matchmaking, HSR, etc are all server side features I don't see a torrent of new features once UI 2 is done.

They have been waiting to implement user facing features because they haven't wanted to re implement them for the new UI. This is gating stuff like lobbies, private matches, etc. and PGI will finally be able to start working on these features after UI 2 which is better than no development at all which is what we have had for the last 6 months.

#27 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:41 PM

7 days until the most poorly designed mechlab in the history of ever goes live.

#28 Madw0lf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 367 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:54 PM

View Posttayhimself, on 29 January 2014 - 12:28 PM, said:

What underlying framework is being restructured? I don't see evidence of anything and I feel like PGI should be more clear considering the long delays that we have suffered through.

They rewrote the UI from whatever framework/library it uses now and switched to a different one.
This will not make it magically easier to implement features on the server side although it might do so on the front end. Considering CW, matchmaking, HSR, etc are all server side features I don't see a torrent of new features once UI 2 is done.

They have been waiting to implement user facing features because they haven't wanted to re implement them for the new UI. This is gating stuff like lobbies, private matches, etc. and PGI will finally be able to start working on these features after UI 2 which is better than no development at all which is what we have had for the last 6 months.

From what I understand they pretty much wrote UI2.0 from the ground up, and with a lot of work into making future changes/additions to the UI easier, as well as making it easier to interface with all the other bits of the game :D

#29 anfadern

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 270 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:10 PM

View PostFupDup, on 29 January 2014 - 12:41 PM, said:

7 days until the most poorly designed mechlab in the history of ever goes live.

Still I am looking forward to it regardless if it is buggy or not.
I also hope that the UI2.0 actually has been the huge hurdle that now has been overcome by PGI.
:D

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users