82 replies to this topic

#1 SiR SockMonkeyDonkey

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 65 posts
  • LocationWestern Washington State

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:06 AM

I wish the cockpit glass was an option instead of something they added for everyone. I don't know about other high end card users, but I enjoyed the stunning graphic effects of the game before, and the new glass only degrades that visual wonder and adds even MORE cockpit view filler. It's a game, nice to pretend for some maybe but I like to enjoy my games for what they are these days (stunning visual effects entertainment) and MW:O was up there with the best for a long running while. I now find myself playing less and less on mw:o and more on games with a nice clear view of the games world and detail. I hope they will give us the option one day to see clearly out our cockpits. I mean come on, was it a rendering solution for pgi? why would they choose to force a downgrade to everyone on there most stunning feature (mechs being destroyed)? I'm just bogled, MW:O already had a bad view compared to most games in it's time so far due to losing 25% view to the thickness of the cockpit framework (I understand many like to see it). I enjoy the gam and think they are doing a steller job, but I'm so disappointed that it looks like {Scrap} now. Come on PGI, I just want to buff out and polish my window bfore each drop. PLEASE?

Anyone else feel the same? Maybe I'm stranded alone on an island on this one , but it really does suck compared to the visuals I'm used to in mw:o.

#2 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:08 AM

It has effects that I don't like... I'm pretty sure I can get past it, but I definitely would fire a tech who couldn't have cleaned the window better than that!

#3 Ngamok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:09 AM

Don't really notice it, most settings on high some on ultra some on medium, medium level graphics card GTX 550 Ti.

#4 Noesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:14 AM

There's cockpit glass? :huh: :lol:

#5 TygerLily

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:17 AM

I think people are making a mountain out of a mole-hill here...I like the effect, it's needs some tweaking on certain mechs (Jager and Cicada, so far) but it ain't a thing...

#6 SiR SockMonkeyDonkey

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 65 posts
  • LocationWestern Washington State

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:19 AM

I running an 8-core with 16g vengeance 1866 MHz and a gigabite GTX 770 4 gig ddr5 card. everything presets on mwo at Ultra High so I would hope it's not my card such windshield at the center 10% less visable, and the rest gets worste as it goes out from there :lol: it just sucks for me lol.

I just want an option not to degrade my view, I don't mind others doing it, just don't understand the forced downgrade.

#7 mania3c

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • 466 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:22 AM

View PostAnimal Crackers, on 30 January 2014 - 10:19 AM, said:

I running an 8-core with 16g vengeance 1866 MHz and a gigabite GTX 770 4 gig ddr5 card. everything presets on mwo at Ultra High so I would hope it's not my card such windshield at the center 10% less visable, and the rest gets worste as it goes out from there :lol: it just sucks for me lol.

I just want an option not to degrade my view, I don't mind others doing it, just don't understand the forced downgrade.

honestly.. I don't care if they will enforce it..or will implement toggle for it..

however..I think reason why they are enforcing it for now is fact..that maybe in the future..glass effect will have impact on gameplay and balance..

#8 Duncan Fisher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC / Palo Alto, CA

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:28 PM

I love the cockpit glass effects.

#9 Navy Sixes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationHeading west

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:31 PM

View PostDuncan Fisher, on 30 January 2014 - 12:28 PM, said:

I love the cockpit glass effects.

Me too.

#10 FactorlanP

• 1,574 posts
  • LocationMy Wallet is closed until I see real progress.

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:34 PM

I don't care for it and will toggle it off immediately if ever given the option.

It's just another layer of film grain, in my opinion. Meh...

#11 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:44 PM

I just don't understand why it has to be GREEN.

It looks like my cockpit is full of mold...

#12 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:45 PM

View Poststjobe, on 30 January 2014 - 12:44 PM, said:

I just don't understand why it has to be GREEN.

It looks like my cockpit is full of mold...

It's a slow decay going on.

#13 Lord Perversor

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in New Aragon

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:50 PM

View PostTygerLily, on 30 January 2014 - 10:17 AM, said:

I think people are making a mountain out of a mole-hill here...I like the effect, it's needs some tweaking on certain mechs (Jager and Cicada, so far) but it ain't a thing...

I don't know i hardly even noticed it so much to be annoying aside in 2x specific spots.

So right now i'm unsure if i'm just lucky due res/graphic settins mechs or it is really an issue for some people.. i mean some pictures showing how annoying it can be would be greatly helpful.

#14 Weaselball

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 670 posts
  • LocationHell's ********, AKA Fresno.

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:04 PM

I'm fine with it. It really isn't that big of an issue - I don't know why some people are making a huge deal out of it. I mean, there are WAY more important things to complain about in MWO than cockpit glass. C'mon people. Prioritize!

#15 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:06 PM

View PostWeaselball, on 30 January 2014 - 01:04 PM, said:

I mean, there are WAY more important things to complain about in MWO than cockpit glass. C'mon people. Prioritize!

That's my complaint. With all the WAY more important things to do, they implement cockpit glass. C'mon PGI. Prioritize!

#16 Clit Beastwood

• 2,262 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:08 PM

I've honestly been playing a lot less since it came in. I don't have very good eyesight and sit with my face like 14" from the screen (maybe a lil closer - 27" display) and it causes me eyestrain and headaches. I didn't think it would, but I typically was playing 3-4 hours, several times a night. I got burned out after less than an hour last night. I kept messing around in-game but I took off my glasses and simply "YOLO"'d around the maps being a nuisance.

My wife's done about 40 drops now (total) and she had only been playing 2 days when the glass came in. She almost stopped completely since she wasn't "hooked" on the game yet.

#17 elsie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationWay over there on the left

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:10 PM

For some people, it results in kinetosis. Some badly enough that they've stopped playing. This is not a good thing.

I occasionally have bouts of kinetosis, but not in MWO so I guess I'm lucky.

#18 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:12 PM

To those that are having issues with cockpit glass, fret not; your tears are for naught, because they have stated that they intend to tone down the effect.

https://twitter.com/...004097560145920

Edited by Bhael Fire, 30 January 2014 - 03:11 PM.

#19 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:22 PM

View PostAnimal Crackers, on 30 January 2014 - 10:19 AM, said:

I have a very similar system. everything on Ultra/high but dont feel the same way. Am not having any real problem with it.

#20 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:11 PM

Yeah it's official; it's being toned down for this next patch on Feb 4th.

https://twitter.com/...004097560145920

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users