"subscription" Option

8 replies to this topic

Poll: Sub Option? (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want to have a Sub Option (as presented in this thread)?

1. Yes (7 votes [58.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 58.33%

2. No (5 votes [41.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 41.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Adran

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 166 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:09 PM

So, right now, if I wanted to keep my Premium Time up, I'd have to remember to spend 15 bucks a month manually to get 3000 MC, go to Game Time, and buy it for 2500. Why can't I just choose to Sub and have the 15 bucks spent for me, get the Premium Time turned added, and get the 500 left over MC added to my account all at once without all that extra work?

I'm not saying this should be forced or anything, but if I'm just gonna do that ANYWAY, and that's the same cost as 99% of all online subscriptions, why can't I just sub?

#2 Zerberus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:37 PM

Alternate Idea: why not just buy your Premiun time in larger chunks and save money, as opposed to a 15$ sub?

I buy mine in 6 month packs, and I think it`s like 10 bucks /month, which is absolutely reasonable IMO.

Not trying to say it`s a bad idea or that I don`t support it, but I just think that if you "know" that you`re in for the long haul, why not just jump the bridge and save some cash in the progress? :(

#3 Adran

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 166 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:41 PM

View PostZerberus, on 03 February 2014 - 10:37 PM, said:

Alternate Idea: why not just buy your Premiun time in larger chunks and save money, as opposed to a 15$ sub?

I buy mine in 6 month packs, and I think it`s like 10 bucks /month, which is absolutely reasonable IMO.

Not trying to say it`s a bad idea or that I don`t support it, but I just think that if you "know" that you`re in for the long haul, why not just jump the bridge and save some cash in the progress? :(

Because while you "save some cash" in the long run, you lose a lot of cash in the short run. Some people *raises his hand* can't afford $50+ dollars in a single month if they want to eat. $15 is okay though.

edited for clarity

Edited by Adran, 03 February 2014 - 10:52 PM.

#4 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:48 PM

Ehm, I don`t pay 50/month, either.

I save 3 months and then pay 50$, like any responsible person that understands how to manage his money. :(

And then I pay that same 50$ again 6 MONTHS LATER. Not 30 days.

I understand your position, but blatantly inflating numbers will most certainly not make people sympathise more. Vote deleted.

Edited by Zerberus, 03 February 2014 - 10:49 PM.

#5 Adran

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 166 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:51 PM

View PostZerberus, on 03 February 2014 - 10:48 PM, said:

Ehm, I don`t pay 50/month, either.

I save 3 months and then pay 50$, like any responsible person that understands how to manage his money. :(

And then I pay that same 50$ again 6 MONTHS LATER. Not 30 days.

I understand your position, but blatantly inflating numbers will most certainly not make people sympathise more. Vote deleted.

.... :/ You, my good sir, are lacking in common sense. I obviously meant exactly what you said. I can't ever afford $50 dollars in one month for a game, I said nothing about it being PER month. Perhaps I should have added a word or two to make it clearer, but it's obvious what I meant. Deleting your vote because of what I said is kind of an immature thing to do.

#6 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:28 AM

View PostAdran, on 03 February 2014 - 10:51 PM, said:

.... :/ You, my good sir, are lacking in common sense. I obviously meant exactly what you said..

OOH, I`m sorry, I assume that people actually mean what they type instead of randomly chaining words together until they finally arrive at what they may or may not have wanted to say.

And I stopped supporting the motion simply because somebody obviously disinterested in rational debate put it forward. I don`T support monsanto becasue I don`t agree with their actions and mindset, and I don`t support you for exactly the same reason. Deal with it.

Your first rebuttal already had an unnecessarily combative nature, and this one is even more so.

YOU say you can spend 15$ /month, yet saving up for 3 months and then spending 50 is a complete impossibility because you would starve.

I spent the majority of the last 10 years living from hand to mouth, not knowing where rent would come from or whether I could afford a 50ct pack of noodles tomorrow or not, 15$ of disposable income every month was somethign I could only dream about for literally months at a time. So don`t try to play the "pity me, I don`t have money" card with me and expect anything more than "here`s how you do it"

And I told you exactly how to do it. 15/month on teh side, pay after 3 months. pay nothing for 6 months, save in teh meantime.But that is beyond your means apparently... Or you belong to generation entitlement that never learned how ro save or be frugal, because it`s as easy as taking moiney and putting it in a box once a month, and not opening that box for 3 months. We even have something called banks and savinbgs accounts that can do this for you automatically, so it doesn`t burn a hole in your pocket and fall out.

I call shenanigans, because you obviously don`t want opinions unless they`re the same as yours, and apparently almost isn`t good enough, either. You want a dev to chime in anmd say "we`ll be offering one month subscriptions starting tomorrow", and anything else is out of the question for you.

Maybe it`s not the game`s payment system that`s being stubborn after all...others seem to get by just fine,. too.... :(

Edited by Zerberus, 04 February 2014 - 12:44 AM.

#7 Adran

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 166 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:31 AM

View PostZerberus, on 04 February 2014 - 12:28 AM, said:

OOH, I`m sorry, I assume that people actually mean what they type instead of randomly chaining words together until they finally arrive at what they may or may not have wanted to say.

And this is the point in time where I stop supporting the motion simply because somebody obviously disinterested in rational debate put it forward.

Your first rebuttal already had a combative nature, and this one oie even more so.

You obviously don`t want opinions unless they`re the same as yours, and apparently almost isn`t good enough, either.

You are flat out not worthy of any more of my time, much less participation in your poll. Good day.

... My response was entirely based on your response. So any "combative nature" was due to the tone of your own response.

#8 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:42 AM

View PostAdran, on 03 February 2014 - 10:41 PM, said:

Because while you "save some cash" in the long run, you lose a lot of cash in the short run. Some people *raises his hand* can't afford $50+ dollars in a single month if they want to eat. $15 is okay though.

edited for clarity
Food is for wimps.

#9 Mirkk Defwode

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 748 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSeattle, Wa

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:10 PM

I think having a subscription model for the title wouldn't be a bad idea, then people can choose to buy MC individually, or have a subscription and go the route of SWTOR where you're awarded "X" amount of MC per week associated with just being a subscriber as well as constantly having premium status.

The system honestly worked well for SWTOR other than the game content itself proved lackluster after a time period.

I'd agree to this and setup the normal pay scale for a Subscription Service. With the baseline of $15/Month

It'll become a constant revenue stream if some individuals buy into it.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users