4 replies to this topic

#1 Thunder Lips Express

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 905 posts
  • LocationFrom parts unknown

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:22 AM

i picked up a rat 7 a while ago, i havn't set it up yet though. does anyone have any experience with it for mwo? the one complaint i have with it so far that i noticed is it doesn't have dark field laser :S

#2 Corralis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 577 posts
  • LocationChesterfield, England

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:33 AM

View PostEcliptor, on 04 February 2014 - 08:22 AM, said:

i picked up a rat 7 a while ago, i havn't set it up yet though. does anyone have any experience with it for mwo? the one complaint i have with it so far that i noticed is it doesn't have dark field laser :S

Well I have the MMO 7 which is basically the same thing but with a few more buttons and I personally think it is a great mouse with one downfall, it isn't all that great playing MMO's on it or I should say the Razer Naga is much better at playing MMO's. The MMO 7 however is great for me for normal gaming because it's heavy and fit's to my hand perfectly once you adjust it properly. The customization features are easy to understand after a bit of practice setting up macro's and getting it to suit your particular play style and the tracking is probably the best I have seen out of any mouse I have tried. I would recommend it if you are a serious gamer but it is a very expensive mouse so you will find cheaper mice out there that may suit you better but very few that will fit your hand as well at the RAT 7.

Hope that helps.

#3 Lysander Voidrunner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 505 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:38 AM

Got the RAT5, essentially the same thing and I love it with one little complaint. The pads or skates or whatever you want to call them have a tendency to rub off if you don't use a "fancy" mouse pad. Other than that, the mouse looks like Frankenstein but handles like a Ferrari.

#4 memorandum

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 76 posts
  • Locationmidtjylland, denmark

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:51 AM

i had alot of problems with the rat 7.
1. sometimes it would stop tracking alltogether, buttons would work but mouse wouldn't move.
2. sometimes one axis would stop tracking, mouse could go up and down but not left and right, buttons would still work.

using a corsair m90 instead now.

#5 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:23 AM

The RAT has a Philips Twineye sensor, which is known for pretty bad tracking pretty much regardless of surface. This sensor is also used in various Razer mice, so be sure to check before buying.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users