• LocationPacifica Training School, waiting for BakPhar shares to rise

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:03 PM

Flash sales begin! Nice.

#22 hurtswhenip

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:15 PM

cheeseburgers and virtual products are quite different. But yeah i do get your point.

#23 Marvyn Dodgers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCanuck transplanted in the US

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:43 PM

Ugh, great, more ways to spend my cash, guess I need to catch up on forum posts to figure out what is going on :P

#24 TheStrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 574 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:45 PM

If you purchased the mech just before the sale, contact support - they may give a refund. Not sure how far back their policy is.

#25 RavenKnight86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 205 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:45 PM

Yeah apparently they give a one time refund if something goes on sale shortly after you purchase it. And comparing it to buying a cheeseburger is silly. I know most retail sales do price matches if they run a sale on something you bought in the past 30 days.

Edited by RavenKnight86, 04 February 2014 - 08:45 PM.

#26 Melonic

• PipPipPip
  • Master Sergeant
  • Master Sergeant
  • 52 posts
  • LocationPlanet Kitzingen

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:56 PM

Just wondering as it seems to me that no other mech has been on sale that often...

#27 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:04 AM

View PostChris Claw, on 04 February 2014 - 10:56 PM, said:

Just wondering as it seems to me that no other mech has been on sale that often...

I think that it's the #2 seller behind the Ilyazilla Murdermets, and Garth is doing whatever he can to make it the #1 hero mech. :ph34r:

#28 TinFoilHat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 261 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:32 AM

Funny that they launched this when a lot of people were having issues even logging into the new UI.

Extend the sale for another 24-48hrs?

Or not bother seeing as the X-5 will probably be up again in another month?

#29 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:34 AM

View PostRavenKnight86, on 04 February 2014 - 08:45 PM, said:

Yeah apparently they give a one time refund if something goes on sale shortly after you purchase it. And comparing it to buying a cheeseburger is silly. I know most retail sales do price matches if they run a sale on something you bought in the past 30 days.

On the other hand, digital sales often do not. Retail stores match because they also accept the return, so folks could simply return it. Since you can't return a digital product, they're less likely to match.

View PostHeffay, on 05 February 2014 - 02:04 AM, said:

I think that it's the #2 seller behind the Ilyazilla Murdermets, and Garth is doing whatever he can to make it the #1 hero mech. ;)

I thought the Yen Low was #2?

(and no, that's not a potty joke).

#30 LiGhtningFF13

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationBetween the Flannagan's Nebulea and the Pleiades Cluster

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:36 AM

... hmmm don't really need that thing. Not my taste.

#31 sabujo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:36 AM

View PostBront, on 05 February 2014 - 06:33 AM, said:

On the other hand, digital sales often do not. Retail stores match because they also accept the return, so folks could simply return it. Since you can't return a digital product, they're less likely to match.

In this case, you can actually return the item (you loose access to it). It's not the same thing as a digital copy of an ebook or a piece of stand alone software, where you can ask money back and keep the goods. In this case they have the control.

But the point here is the "smartness" of this sale. A company that already struggles with customer opinion, makes another deliberate move to mine their trust once again. It makes no sense to me.

#32 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:43 AM

View PostDie Primate Die, on 04 February 2014 - 12:50 PM, said:

They need to sell us engines for MC since "The Store" was the first thing they were happy to have 100% operational.

Speaking of which, where the hell in this new UI do you sell a mech now? can't find it anywhere.

On the home screen, choose the tab on the left side of the screen labeled "inventory." The first page you'll see is a list of your 'Mechs. Click one and you're given the option to sell it (you can also click one to see what your loadout on a 'Mech is and what modules are in it).

#33 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:46 AM

View PostBladeXXL, on 04 February 2014 - 01:02 PM, said:

If you bought a cheseburger for reguular price and got discount tickets 1 day after - did you ever asked your cash back?

Yes, but they never did go in for the deal.... especially after I offered to give the cheeseburger back with interrest if they would just wait long enough ;) .

#34 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:34 AM

View Posthurtswhenip, on 04 February 2014 - 12:52 PM, said:

I'm with sabujo on this one. I bought x-5 yesterday!!! what the hell? can i get 50% back please? I just suported you with my hard earned cash and got slapped in the face for it.

If it's any consolation, I bought most of the heroes at full price, BEFORE they ever started doing sales.

And that was before I had a job and had to go around to neighbors doing yardwork, cutting down trees, uprooting pines, and all kinds of stuff in the cold winter with my nose running and getting sick as well as in hot summer sun where I'm practically sunburned alive.

#35 mack sabbath

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:14 AM

I bought a Stalker 3F to replace one I'd sold.....one day before the sale. At least I didn't overpay for that joke-champion to get a 310 XL motor that nobody with a lick of sense would even consider dumping in a friggin Stalker!

*** May Gawd have mercy on the souls of those poor new cadets who drop in that pile of rubbish, only to be side cored & ridiculed 90 seconds into a match.

Edited by Die Primate Die, 05 February 2014 - 08:15 AM.

#36 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,435 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:25 AM

View PostKoniving, on 04 February 2014 - 12:48 PM, said:

Not yet. If ever. It welcomes abuse and a reason to hack into another user's client to use another user's MC to buy yourself goodies.

Uh yeah, time for the tinfoil hat!

Not like ANY of that is trackable. ;)

#37 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:29 AM

View PostAmsro, on 05 February 2014 - 08:25 AM, said:

Uh yeah, time for the tinfoil hat!

Not like ANY of that is trackable. ;)

It is. But avoiding having it avoids the work of fixing things like that when they happen.

I confess I have two a Combat Arms accounts. It took a month for them to respond to the ticket where it was stolen, and I never did get all of my NX credited back. It's a pain. Also, I used the twin accounts to gift each other when you had to gift other people to get prizes around Christmas.

#38 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,435 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:45 AM

View PostKoniving, on 05 February 2014 - 08:29 AM, said:

It is. But avoiding having it avoids the work of fixing things like that when they happen.

I confess I have two a Combat Arms accounts. It took a month for them to respond to the ticket where it was stolen, and I never did get all of my NX credited back. It's a pain. Also, I used the twin accounts to gift each other when you had to gift other people to get prizes around Christmas.

Hmm, I can't counter with experience in this area. Touche!

#39 JRR1285

• PipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 78 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:24 PM

Would have been nice if I was able to buy the X-5. I purchased MC and it was not delivered. Now the sale is over and I missed out. Have a ticket open and I'm in the process of trying to get the MC.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users