_-* Most Disappointing Games *-_

160 replies to this topic

#41 SGT Unther

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 337 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 02 December 2011 - 06:07 PM

I'm surprised no one mentioned this one.

I am going to have to go with Duke Nukem Forever. Words can't describe how bad this one turned out, all I can say is this one was aged way too long.

Just about every Duke Nukem fan said "We waited for over a decade for this(insert profanity here)".

#42 saber15

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 93 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 03 December 2011 - 09:09 AM

Test Drive Unlimited 2. I expected a great sequel to TDU, with better physics, graphics, sound, and depth.

Instead, I get a game with extremely arcadey physics (compared to TDU1's semi-realistic physics), no native support for 90% of the racing wheels on the market (Game would not support combined axis pedals, meaning that no wheels under ~$200 would work without using third party programs) , not particularly good graphics, mediocre sound, and the depth of Mario Kart. Server support was ****, as the master servers would go down several times a day, preventing anyone from playing the game. Day-one DLC as well.
TDU1 had a fairly linear difficultly curve, but TDU2's was schizophrenic. Some dope in the development thought that the hated Gran Turismo license tests would be a good thing to have TDU2 with its unpredictable car physics.

Race around a course in a town with traffic and slaloms, 2 laps in under 2 minutes. Also, if you hit any traffic cones, you instantly loose. Said traffic cones are spread throughout the entire course.
I just used a trainer to cheat my time through those godforsaken license tests, then gave myself 999 million dollars because earning money took forever compared to TDU1.

Edited by saber15, 03 December 2011 - 09:12 AM.

#43 JudauAshta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 264 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 09:31 AM

no1 said GTA what, i think GTA is overrated.
Halo series after 1/2
Call of Duty
Battlefield 3 is a let down
basically the entire shooter genre is dying.

#44 Miles Tails Prower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • LocationStrike Cruiser: "Fury of Descent"

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:57 AM

View PostKodiak Jorgensson, on 20 November 2011 - 02:08 PM, said:

Dawn of War Retribution was pritty dissapointing for me, Dawn of War 2 chad Chaos rising where great, Retribution really let go

I agree, DOW2 prime had an insanely addictive RPG element going on. And the story wasn't terrible, somewhat basic but it had to be since they were introducing so many characters. DOW2 Chaos Rising really expanded on the story, and generally I could care less about the story in an RTS game.

But Retribution was just flat out boring. It's alright the first time you play the campaign, but after that it's all the same stuff just with different lines. Your characters are so super powerful that it doesn't even really matter what weaponry you bring anymore.

DOW1 prime had the right idea by making huge scale combat in an RTS actually fun to watch. DOW2 prime had the right idea by introducing the wargear system, customization and a more in depth plot. Now they just have to combine those features together like they said they would in DOW3.

#45 Miles Tails Prower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:00 AM

View PostJudauAshta, on 03 December 2011 - 09:31 AM, said:

no1 said GTA what, i think GTA is overrated.

Red Dead Redemption, that was like one of the most boring games I've ever played(it's made by GTA's Rockstar and plays similarly). I think I had it for less than a month before I returned it. I was so bored with it that I didn't even bother to grab the easy achievements.

Even extremely low quality games like Gundam:Crossfire and Sonic the Hedgehog(2006) kept me more engaged than Red Dead Redemption. The only thing that wasn't bad about RDR was the first "ending." That was expected and dramatic, almost on the level of Metal Gear Solid drama.

#46 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:31 PM

View PostMiles Tails Prower, on 05 December 2011 - 10:57 AM, said:

I agree, DOW2 prime had an insanely addictive RPG element going on. And the story wasn't terrible, somewhat basic but it had to be since they were introducing so many characters. DOW2 Chaos Rising really expanded on the story, and generally I could care less about the story in an RTS game.

But Retribution was just flat out boring. It's alright the first time you play the campaign, but after that it's all the same stuff just with different lines. Your characters are so super powerful that it doesn't even really matter what weaponry you bring anymore.

DOW1 prime had the right idea by making huge scale combat in an RTS actually fun to watch. DOW2 prime had the right idea by introducing the wargear system, customization and a more in depth plot. Now they just have to combine those features together like they said they would in DOW3.

As a someone, who did original and Chaos Rising campaign on brutal with full meter of loyality (no Chaos points - harder way), the campaign of Retribution was a letdown for me, but the IG and new additions to multiplayer are good. :P

Edited by Adridos, 05 December 2011 - 11:31 PM.

#47 Corsair114

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:34 AM

Hum, Hrm. Drum. ***. Don't pick up too many games these days, and I'm super picky about what I buy anymore (I will play test anything for any system I'm picking a game up for, anymore: No exceptions).

Gonna have to reach back a bit then.

I think the second and fourth Rachet and Clank games may have been a bit of a letdown. Maybe.

Ooh, Unreal Tournament III was a stinker.

Aaaaand Rainbow Six: Vegas 2.

Probably others.

I wish we could get a remake (only of sorts) of the old Blake Stone games....

#48 ice trey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:00 AM

Shining Tears
Posted Image

I'd been expecting a mostly turn-based kind of system with strong character development.

What I got as a very clunky feeling zelda and/or flash game knockoff with horrid english voice acting and fights that were in no way compelling.

Another disappointing game was Virtual On: Marz
Posted Image

There was an actual story in there, and even in spite of atrocious voice acting, the game MIGHT have been alright.

...but then the controls were terrible, and though you could set them up to simulate the old twinsticks of the arcade game, poorly coded button configs meant that you would change targets any time you tried to use your boosters.

The last one I can think of is not one that was released in the US: Sunrise World War
Posted Image

Initially, the box art seemed to depict what looked like a hex-grid, it told me that it included robots from Sunrise, including Dougram (a battletech ancestor), Votoms, Escaflowne, Patlabor and several others. I was pumped at the premise, especially since I so thoroughly enjoyed Front Mission and Super Robot Wars Alpha 3.

What I got instead was a horrible mess of poorly done artwork, horrifically bad cutscenes, uninspired original characters, drab combat with next to no options... I was sad to find it had turned out so poorly.

#49 SquareSphere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationIn your clouds, stealing your thunder

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:36 PM

for me it was alpha protocol on pc. It's been years since it's release and it still runs like crap on my beefy machine. Glad I only paid $9 for it.

#50 Miles Tails Prower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:36 PM

Gundam Crossfire was really disappointing. It seemed as if they spent all their money making this super crazy high graphics opening movie and then everything else went to crap.

The Mobile Suits behave like sluggish Battlemechs which is not at all what Mobile Suit is about. Half of the weapon choices are garbage. The in game graphics suck. The voice acting sucks. The music sucks. The story sucks.

The only reason you'd play it is if you needed a Gundam or giant robot fix. But even then you could just play a slightly less terrible game like Armored Core 4 which is still bad, but not as bad as Gundam Crossfire.

#51 Hangfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 204 posts
  • LocationToon of honest men and bonnie lassies

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:54 PM

Starfleet command 3,, Still can't believe I paid money for that :)

#52 Aescwulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 311 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:24 PM

Call of Duty games

I tried to play these although the SP was fun for about 30 or so then i got bored
This game online, there was no team work, mostly people exploited bugs etc and i couldnt get into it

Final Fantasy games

I am a fan of RPG games but i couldn't play these even when my friends going "they are amazing"
Instead of decent characters all there was constantly is a bunch of whiny emo teenagers stuck in adult bodies
including 13 couldn't stand 5mins of Snow etc

and lastly most 'next-gen' games. Dont get me wrong the graphics is all shiny and all but what about gameplay?
storyline? something that cannot be completed within the first 6hours of playing it exception is Gears of War series
i enjoyed the story and Chainsawing enemies that never got old for me. Even though I'm 21 i should be on playing CoD constantly
but I'm not one of those people :)

#53 Miles Tails Prower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:38 PM

Not crazy about COD either. I liked COD3 a lot but after that they started getting too arcade style and stopped feeling like a real battle.

That's why I switched to Battlefield instead.

#54 Striker 2054

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 69 posts
  • LocationLost as hell

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:41 PM

Brink. Too many people playing it like it's Deathmatch, not playing the objectives. No communication, no cooperation. No point.

#55 Alaskan Viking

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationPalin Prime, Capital of the Alaskan Federation of Planets

Posted 10 December 2011 - 03:03 AM

View PostGrayson Pryde, on 16 November 2011 - 07:53 PM, said:

@Irishwarrior:If you want to play a "real" world war then play Hearts of Iron 2. This could be the game you were searching. :P

My vote for most disappointing game of all time:

Hearts of Iron III

#56 Aescwulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 311 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 10 December 2011 - 05:08 AM

View PostStriker 2054, on 09 December 2011 - 10:41 PM, said:

Brink. Too many people playing it like it's Deathmatch, not playing the objectives. No communication, no cooperation. No point.

like most modern current games then ?

#57 Striker 2054

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 69 posts
  • LocationLost as hell

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:59 AM

View PostNitsua Asuka, on 10 December 2011 - 05:08 AM, said:

like most modern current games then ?

Which is what I'm hoping doesn't happen on here. But with MMOs, it doesn't seem to be as big an issue. Or am I just missing it?

#58 TYHBoom

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 10 December 2011 - 08:22 PM

Rainbow Six Vegas and beyond.

Seriously Rainbow Six and RS:Rogue Spear were some of my favorite games to play and was the first one I ever played online. I don't know how other people felt, but each mission posed unique challenges and had a lot of different possibilities in the way things could play out. Probably the most tactical shooter ever. I believe strongly in 20-30+ minutes of planning for a mission that ends successfully with 0 casualties and lots of dead bad guys in under 5 minutes. And of course the times when it lasts 4 minutes and your team got bogged down and massacred in a nasty corridor. You respected the NPC enemy because they could most definitely kill you if you didn't make the right moves. But when you had the right moves it was breach, bang, pop pop pop and you've secured the hostages.

Then it turns into some sort of lame shooting gallery with completely absurd missions, location, and plot? Not happy at all.

#59 Tweaks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 959 posts
  • LocationLaval, Quebec, Canada

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:07 PM

Neocron...

#60 Basch

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 96 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:59 PM

Skyrim, was hopeing for "amazing" but what i got made me feel like a second rate gamer, like im less important because i have a nice PC. when the mod community did try to fix it bhesda stomped their teeth in by undoing their fixes with their own "FIX"....now my dragons fly backwards smash in to invisable walls and fly though mountins...and i still get 1 shot by every thing.

C&C4 no explination needed.
also i found out this morning that EA gave biowear the go ahead on Generals 2...im adding that to my let down list.
Dragon age 2, COD-all of them(P2P? realy?)theirs more but im leaving it at that for now.

39 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 39 guests, 0 anonymous users