_-* Most Disappointing Games *-_

160 replies to this topic

#121 Treffies

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:46 PM

Seconding the disappointment in Dark Souls. I'm all like "hey, I like monster hunter, thats a hard *** game, maybe I'd enjoy this one which also has a reputation for being hard." and it was a souless (ha) grinding slog. Everything took too many hits to kill, even the pointless faceless trash enemies that you meet, and once you figured out how to fight them it just became incredibly tedious. The boss fights were especially disappointing because, with few exceptions, each boss had a total of two attacks it could do and most of the time is boiled down to hitting them, waiting for them to attack, and hitting them again. I realize that monster hunter uses the same basic principle, but the chief difference is that in mh the bosses have dozens of things they could do while dark souls was just repetitive. It's not even fun to watch someone play it.

#122 FACEman Peck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • LocationB.F.E.

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:03 PM

Modern Warfare 3 was such a disappointment, I call it Modern Warfare -2.5. It makes me sad.

#123 Steel Wolf

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:32 AM

Okay, I got tired of reading after the fifth page. Saint's Row: The Third. After SR2, it was a major letdown. Terrible story, the characters weren't interesting, not much of a weapon selection, no crib customization, generic ****** clothes with none of the flexibility of the other two games, and it forces you to do activities while it pretends they're missions. Even smacking people with the Penetrator doesn't make up for all of its failings.

#124 name51875

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:41 AM

Flatout 3, this games is a total destruction to the series, because change of producer.

Edited by Viper Centurion, 04 February 2012 - 09:15 AM.

#125 FACEman Peck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • LocationB.F.E.

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:36 PM

I've said Modern Warfare 3 was a disappointment before in this forum, but I need to reinforce this. Playing Modern Warfare 3 is like getting raped, you know when its coming, and you just want to minimize the damage...

Agreed?

#126 Dataman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 338 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationJakarta, ID

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:54 PM

CnC 4

W*F is this? where's the original gameplay? all you have is now moving base. W*F is that kind of ending??

COD: MW2.

more and more MW3 >> it's like DLC for CoD4:MW. dafuq IW? and you expect us to pay $60 for COD: MW 1.75b?
I encourage people to pirate this game and play in some other server beside official IW server.

Dragon Age 2

I really like Dragon Age: Origins. Bioware really carefully did everything in the game. Battle system, graphics, Stages, Levels, everything. DA2... well.... it's a rush game. the stages are horrible.

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

sorry, but ES5: Skyrim is also a let down after some time for me. anyone who play ES at least since Morrowind will understand. I'm not pointing the glitch and bug. I can live with that. the glitches and bugs are many times hilarious

Why Beth? why you butchered the hand to hand? why you butchered blunt weapon skill and put it in 1 handed skill along with sword? why there's lockpicking skill? w/o that skill, even lockpicking master level chest is easy. though the magic system is an improve, the sneak is not going anywhere since Oblivion.

Smithing is not rewarding enough. I thought if you upgrade your weapon, you will see visual difference between your sword and the ones they sold at blacksmith. but no, just 'Steel Sword (Superior)'

and looks like despite of request, they didn't add hardcore mode. and no portable tent. I'm an adventurer ffs.

w/o hunger/thirst, most food are essentially USELESS, except for home decoration.

the dragon is some kind of joke. in low level, even a group of 3-4 bandit could kill a dragon. I found giants and sabertooth cat are more fiercer.

Edited by Dataman, 04 February 2012 - 10:24 PM.

#127 retroboy

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:54 PM

Duke Nukem Forever it,s jokes were dated on release day.

#128 Tadakuma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationAdelaide

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:11 AM

Well my vote for most disappointing game goes to

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

I was having fond memories of Alpha Protocol while playing that game, and the worst thing is that it was so successful that there will be a sequel and Square will continue to pollute and destroy great a IP with bad JRPG elements and anime plot lines.

The worst part is that Square Enix have been buying up great IPs like Hitman, Thief and even that Batman Arkham games. A look at the new Hitman trailer shows that there is a disturbing possibility that they will try to "improve" the IP by having Agent 47 try to save a little girl while have gun-fu action sequences.

An honourable mention goes to Eldar Scrolls: Skyrim

Another Eldar scrolls game that I couldn't be bothered finishing due to poor story writing and broken game mechanics. Just max out your enchanting and smithing, you too will be able to cast magic without actually using mana.

I can honestly say that i enjoyed Oblivion more and I enjoyed Morrwind more then either of them.

Now if you' excuse I'm going to try and get Planescape Torment working on my machine and remind myself that once there were people who could write involved in the gaming industry.

#129 Arnold Carns

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 382 posts
  • LocationBielefeld, NRW, Germany

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:52 AM

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Old content in new clothes. Overly hyped:

- Like in the parts before, NSCs acted like loons who fled the next asylum recently, unintended telling you crap you wouldn't be interested in even if this is the last person on the world.

- Enemies attack always your horse first instead the most likely danger, which should be naturally you!

- Immediate realization of stolen goods. Imagine you steal a horse in Russia and you move aaaall the way around the world to the USA, where a Cop instanly knows that the horsie you're riding is a stolen one. Sounds ridiculous? Tell 'em!

- Your Char runs around spitting fire like a dragon and also be able to speak dragonish, cuz you're dragonborn. Mum's or Dad's side? Imagine the production process! :P Doing this for a movie for cinema, the room would be empty after a minute.

- Unable to attack from horseback, you'll have to dismount everytime you had to fight. Imagine medieval knights jousting. Dismounted. Monty Pythonish. All what is missing is the guy behind you with the coconut!

- For the very, very first time in the Elder Scrolls series, you start the game as... prisoner! (sarcasm!) If you had played the other parts before, that's the very first umpf.

Seems the Devs were sitting around the five years between part 4 an 5, doing nothing else than counting the cash they made and smoking weird things. Would explain some of the development decisions they made. And the lack of proper new ideas.

MW4:
it may looked somewhat like MechWarrior, it used the franchise MechWarrior, and it had the name MechWarrior on it, but it neither felt than smelled like MechWarrior!
I'm suspicous that a Company named Bethesda secretly did it, just shortly before they decided: Let's create a series of games, which parts don't differ from each other, and call that series "The Elder Scrolls".

Edited by Arnold Carns, 22 February 2012 - 03:35 AM.

#130 Tizzer

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 59 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:31 AM

Personally I don't find Dark souls hard (I am no hardcore gamer mind you) It is unforgiving but you need to (and no offense meant) LEARN to play it , it requires care and thought running into a room screaming kills you, you walk in slowly shield up looking for threats taking quick shots before getting ready for the parry and then riposte for the kill. What was a dissapointment was Sword of the Stars for me , and Halo I just can't get into them combat feels unthreatening (I mean why dish out assault rifles that take a clip to kill something) and except for the one with Nathan Fillion (Yes Firefly fan) nothing kept me playing them beyond a couple of missions.

#131 Mordhar

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 69 posts
  • LocationChelyabinsk, Russia

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:44 AM

Dragon Age 2 comes to mind first… I really cannot fully understand how Bioware made it this bad.

DeusEx:HR, at least it better than IW (second game in series) but still disappointing.

TES 5:Skyrim, not even at the same quality level as Fallout 3. Which at least a decent game, even if it do not have anything to do with Fallout 1-2.

Warhammer 40k: Space marine. Big hopes and below average game, even for consoles.

#132 Dark Fortune

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:02 PM

Brink </3

#133 Striker 2054

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 69 posts
  • LocationLost as hell

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:12 PM

Personally, I enjoyed MW:3. I just didn't pin some unrealistic level of expectation to it. I figured itwas going to be a wrap to the series, and I'm no better or worse for the changes to the multiplayer, since I'm not really buying it for that. I felt that the story did a god job of wrapping itself up. I'd have watched it if it were an action movie.

#134 CobaltRaptor

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationSomewhere other than you expect

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:17 PM

Dragon Age 2, it was so bad and repetitive, furthermore it ha no replay value.

Hunted: the Demon's Forge, played it twice, it sucked, too easy and repetitive enemies and environments.

Civilization 5, loved 4 thought five was a slogfest that you could do Nothing with in a decent amount of time. Had more excitement watching turtles race.

#135 Striker 2054

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 69 posts
  • LocationLost as hell

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:22 PM

Brink, sadly, was a failure because people didn't play it quite like what it was designed for. Team Operation. The times I played online were very "LoL Deathmatch." Nobody seemed to cooperate to achieve the objectives.

#136 Ansel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:30 PM

There was once a pc title called Genesis Rising.

I threw it in the corner.

#137 Carebear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:50 PM

So many of them but lets say Darkfall, I really hate how it turned out.

#138 Dras Black

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationUhhhh In my Jenner?

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:09 PM

View Postxesle, on 15 November 2011 - 05:46 PM, said:

Front Mission Evolved.

Holy crap you just dug up a repressed memory of me buying the game for 60 bucks and selling it back the next day because i had already beaten it..

But for my money, worst game of all time..

Brink. So much wasted potential the S.M.A.R.T. movement was pretty sweet and unseen. its just to bad that if you had to be a infiltrator that could only take half a bullet for it to really work well.

Edit for contribootin.

Edited by Dras Black, 17 March 2012 - 01:13 PM.

#139 SirDenOfYork

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationSneads Ferry, North Carolina,U.S.A.

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:13 PM

View PostLakeDaemon, on 15 November 2011 - 08:55 AM, said:

Right, Diablo came out in 96 for f sake. At the time 2D sliders and pixely 3D games were the norm. At the time, Diablo was considered to have great graphics, immersive sound and music, disturbing violence and gore, and real challenges on all the maps. It was very well balanced and addicitive. Today, Diablo could be played on a browser but at the time, it had alot of satisfying atmosphere that many games lack today (replaced with frenetic action). Your personal opinion may be that its a bad game in 96-7 it was a pitch-perfect, addictive, moody, fun game

I totally agree it was a great game for its time i had a level 98 Paliden, which took alot of playing to get there to but i didnt mind because it was fun doing it... ;)

#140 tyrone dunkirk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:43 PM

I loved everything about ME2. ME one was about Shep being this top secret Spectre working for the Citadel to stop Saren. It's in the first ME that you learn about the presence of the Reapers, and realizing they must be stopped. ME2 is all about doing what you can to prepare for the Reaper invasion while having to work with, essentially, the underbelly of the universe. Quasi-terrorist orginizations and criminals are your resources. The only thing I didn't understand was why you needed heat clips? In the first ME it says that the weapons have mini ammo building factories inside them, so nothing but the gun itself is needed to fire ammo. And yet in ME2 tech has taken a step BACKWARDS and you now need something to allow the gun to fire? WHAT?

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users