Very Poor Performance After Patch 04.02.14 Ui 2.0 Relase

66 replies to this topic

#61 Nightmage61

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:28 AM

The information on cashing is very informative, I think that may have something to do with it also. I have iffy internet, and I think there are a lot more packets coming and going in this new build for some reason. What we may be seeing is two or more different issues stacking to give a nasty bad FPS drop for some of us.

#62 Phantom90k

Rookie

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:21 PM

So I have spent the entire night and have tried just about everything to get my fps back up into the playable range. Nothing seems to be working for me. Its kinda hard to play when your fps is a solid 15. Not that it was ever that great, around 45 - 50. So I guess its time to say good bye, maybe I will come back and download next months patch. Maybe they will have it fixed, most likely not though. Also a funny thing i noticed is that if i drop into the testing grounds my fps goes back up to 45-50 range.

Edited by Phantom90k, 08 February 2014 - 10:58 PM.

#63 Goose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:09 PM

View PostAmaZinger, on 07 February 2014 - 07:33 AM, said:

Now its even slower.

View PostMatthew Craig, on 05 February 2014 - 11:09 AM, said:

The sliders are broken, I'm referring to the global settings low/medium/high/very high

#64 Phantom90k

Rookie

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:01 PM

Okay I have no idea what I did because i did so much before my last post. Today I started my laptop and went right to mwo, I was hoping for a hotfix, launched a game to get a baseline fps. Start the game and i almost messed my self, not only was my fps back up but because of everything else I had done i have gained a little more. the only thing i have done that has not been posted repeatedly was I ran a registry cleaner (i do this on a fairly often, if i don't my system starts freezing on me after a few months). I have no clue why but its back up, now if only they can fix all the clicking I have to do in order to get anything done in ui2.0

#65 HotrodHG

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:53 PM

Can PGI PLEASE comment on this thread... I've been noticing this issue for days and finally read about it today and can't believe not one little thing from them...

Edited by HotrodHG, 11 February 2014 - 04:55 PM.

#66 Lucy Cameron

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 282 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:10 AM

Yeah, this low FPS thing is not fun.

#67 Shadow Magnet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 429 posts
  • LocationLake Constance, Germany

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:51 AM

What I found is that after UI 2.0 patch, the video mode was switched to "Full window". Switching it back to "Fullscreen" helped alot with FPS. I also had other desktop popups stealing the mouse focus inside MWO with the "Full window" mode which is fixed with the config change.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users