17 replies to this topic

#1 Ziogualty

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sergeant
  • Sergeant
  • 382 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:32 AM

I have some simple questions about the UI 2.0 i don't need explanations, if you will answer yes i will look around to find "how".

1) Is there a way to remove Trials from Mech lists at all?

2) Is there a way to arrange mechs by chassi? (put all highlander one close to another, instead of having them scattered and ordered by buy time?

3) Is there any way to remove sounds when moving cursor?

4) is there a way to see mech spec without "clicking, moving away the cursor, bring the cursor back over mech icon"?

Thnx a lot for the answer.

P.S. Only if you are extremely kind, you can add the option "not yet" to your answer if you know that option is not avaiable but will come in future patches/fixes.

#2 Mike Getsome

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:35 AM

no

no

no

no

enjoy

#3 Caswallon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 540 posts
  • LocationArboris

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:37 AM

View PostAttank, on 05 February 2014 - 03:32 AM, said:

I have some simple questions about the UI 2.0 i don't need explanations, if you will answer yes i will look around to find "how".

2) Is there a way to arrange mechs by chassi? (put all highlander one close to another, instead of having them scattered and ordered by buy time?

4) is there a way to see mech spec without "clicking, moving away the cursor, bring the cursor back over mech icon"?

P.S. Only if you are extremely kind, you can add the option "not yet" to your answer if you know that option is not avaiable but will come in future patches/fixes.

1) No
2) Yes. Arrange alphabetically after making sure your renames are still alphbetical...
3) Not yet. Set "effects" to min or off to mitigate.
4) Not yet. New mech lab options inbound

Enjoy more

#4 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:45 AM

Don't click. Hover and it comes up fairly quickly. If you click then it starts to get funny.

#5 Mak Sim

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:36 AM

I wander, have they (devs) ever been at smurfy's? I've just spent 10 minutes trying to figure out how to save my new loadout ...
And that tiny (single) component view and gigantic list of engines with A4 sized icons...

Facepalm

#6 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:55 AM

View PostMak Sim, on 05 February 2014 - 06:36 AM, said:

I wander, have they (devs) ever been at smurfy's? I've just spent 10 minutes trying to figure out how to save my new loadout ...
And that tiny (single) component view and gigantic list of engines with A4 sized icons...

Facepalm

I wonder... have you ever read the announcements or patch notes?

A Smurfy like mechlab is announced for march. They just didn't get it ready in time for yesterdays patch.

#7 Edustaja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:02 AM

View PostEgomane, on 05 February 2014 - 06:55 AM, said:

I wonder... have you ever read the announcements or patch notes?

A Smurfy like mechlab is announced for march. They just didn't get it ready in time for yesterdays patch.

This is only half true. They are adding an *overview* that is like smurfy, not a mechlab that is like smurfy.

#8 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:13 AM

1) You can arrange mechs by weight class, but I don't think you can remove trials from there.

2)Alphabetical renames if you want.

3)Not yet,

4) Just hover over the mech, don't click. Also if you click on Inventory, Battlemechs, it will show you everything equipped on a mech (except the engine). For the record, that only works for mechs you can sell, as it is the sell page basically.

View PostMak Sim, on 05 February 2014 - 06:36 AM, said:

Facepalm

Have you tried clicking the 'checkout" button, which happens to save your loadout for you?

#9 Mak Sim

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:21 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 05 February 2014 - 07:13 AM, said:

Have you tried clicking the 'checkout" button, which happens to save your loadout for you?

Like I said, I've found that tiny button after 10 minutes or so, lol

P.S. I actually was so eager to see brand new UI, that I forgot to see patch notes ;)

Edited by Mak Sim, 05 February 2014 - 07:23 AM.

#10 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:26 AM

View PostMak Sim, on 05 February 2014 - 07:21 AM, said:

Like I said, I've found that tiny button after 10 minutes or so, lol

P.S. I actually was so eager to see brand new UI, that I forgot to see patch notes ;)

I was in the same boat as you. Jumped in immediately, and forgot about Patch Notes, took me a while to remember that they existed. XD

#11 Mak Sim

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:41 AM

After playing a bit with new 'mechlab I found it quite all right minus some little details, like "show only need ammo" and "warn me if a gun has no ammo" and "don't show all engines on one looooong page" and "show installed engine in 'mech selection page" and stuff.
And of course already mentioned "show whole mech view".

Same thing with skills page. It would really be nice to have a button "Show 'mech tree" beside the currently selected 'mech, or at least having the UI to remember my last 'mech class selection

Lets wait for the UI 2.1 in March.

#12 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:00 AM

The U.I remembers your last mech selection. I select a mech, launch, finish a match, then launch again, with the same mech.

The selected mech is always highlighted in the UI with a golden background to it.

The mech skill trees section is much like the previous one, just easier to work with, aside from not showing current XP on sold mechs.

Honestly the engine size listing is probably the only real problem with the U.I right now. Also, I'm not sure what you mean by "Whole mech view"? Do you mean the paper doll model we used to have in the lower left corner?

We already have a more concise system now when you click on the part you want to work on.

#13 Ziogualty

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sergeant
  • Sergeant
  • 382 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:22 AM

Sorry i have no time to put "like this" to every answer, but i want to say a big "thank you!" to all the people that kindly answer.

All of you, you have my appreciacion.

Special thanx for the "aplhabetical" hint. You made my day!

I will look forward to next patches (a smurfy like will be a nice solution to a lot of minor issues) to see things going better!

Edited by Attank, 05 February 2014 - 08:23 AM.

#14 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:26 AM

View PostAttank, on 05 February 2014 - 08:22 AM, said:

Sorry i have no time to put "like this" to every answer, but i want to say a big "thank you!" to all the people that kindly answer.

All of you, you have my appreciacion.

Special thanx for the "aplhabetical" hint. You made my day!

I will look forward to next patches (a smurfy like will be a nice solution to a lot of minor issues) to see things going better!

Glad to help my friend.

Good luck, and enjoy the game.

#15 Mak Sim

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:26 AM

In the skill menu I click "Skills", then find chassis section or filter weight class, then find my 'mech, then click "show 'mech tree". That's okay if I want to select some skills on some 'mech. But when I want to level up my currently selected 'mech that whole process is simply unnecessary and could be replaced with one button "show 'mech tree" beside my 'mech on the right.

And about mechlab screen, IMO it just doesn't fit its supposedly intended purpose. Take for example Photoshop, its purpose is to edit images, so it has a nice big image view and a bunch of tools around it. And smurfy's - same thing. It's designed to tweak with a 'mech, not to "browse the warehouse" ™

[color=#959595]Also, I'm not sure what you mean by "Whole mech view"? Do you mean the paper doll model we used to have in the lower left corner?[/color]

Exactly that. My point is that with UI1.0 I design a 'mech on smurfy's, and then build it in mechlab. And I was hoping that with UI 2.0 things will be different, but it is as it is ;)

#16 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:35 AM

View PostMak Sim, on 05 February 2014 - 08:26 AM, said:

In the skill menu I click "Skills", then find chassis section or filter weight class, then find my 'mech, then click "show 'mech tree". That's okay if I want to select some skills on some 'mech. But when I want to level up my currently selected 'mech that whole process is simply unnecessary and could be replaced with one button "show 'mech tree" beside my 'mech on the right.

That would be a great suggestion to give to the devs. I have assume you know that UI2.0 is incomplete and will continue to receive hotfixes and patches while it's stabilized. Player input will be appreciated. There's already a patch scheduled to fix some of the issues, and then they plan on making more to add things the community wants.

View PostMak Sim, on 05 February 2014 - 08:26 AM, said:

Exactly that. My point is that with UI1.0 I design a 'mech on smurfy's, and then build it in mechlab. And I was hoping that with UI 2.0 things will be different, but it is as it is ;)

I guess I'm just not seeing the problem that you're having, the paper doll was replaced with the sections on the left being clicked on. For me that was a simple low-impact change. However I have heard a couple of people mention that they want the paper doll back.

Another suggestion for the devs, perhaps?

Also, keep in mind that we are going to get something similar to Smurfy's within the next few patches I believe.

#17 Mak Sim

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:52 AM

Yeah, I really hope that UI will improve. There was a lot of work's been done and a lot of it ahead.

#18 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,664 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:33 AM

View PostAttank, on 05 February 2014 - 08:22 AM, said:

They said that overview will be in March.

I'm just glad they finallly released the thing that they said is holding everything else up behind it AND it will be easy to adjust and add to and change compared to the old UI

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users