#1 daniel castelo

• PipPipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 59 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:41 AM

So does anybody have an idea on how the game is going to be?

I mean in between battles.

In DC Universe Online you have the HQ (Watch Tower or Hall of Doom) so you can hang out, do extra stuff like missions, collections etc..

Or is it gonna be like a regular FPS game where the only interaction happens during battles ?

That being said,

It would be GREAT if all mechwarriors could hang out in an HQ

You have a character/pilot to go visit the Mech Bay, customize your mechs, go on extra missions, collections, upgrading your mech, hang out with friends, form groups for battles, etc

Cheers...

Edited by daniel castelo, 19 June 2012 - 04:42 AM.

#2 Woodstock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationKrakow

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:04 AM

FPS sim .... the 'between game' part will be in the mech lab customising your mech/s.

#3 Grokmoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:10 AM

The devs have confirmed that there won't be anything like the DC Universe Online HQ. What we will have between battles is

(1) The mech lab, where you customize and buy your mechs.

(2) Once implemented (currently targeted for 90 days after open beta), you will presumably be able to look at the factions / community warfare map and status updates of the various planets.

There will also obviously be some sort of lobby (probably very simple) where you will be able to pair up with friends in order to enter matches as a group.

#4 Helvetica

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:15 AM

i was hoping for something a little like what was in tachyon the fringe but extend (loved that game - Bruce campbell FTW).

Simple news updates,community feed,jobs,mech lab/shop

#5 OfficerTaco

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationMissouri,US

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:22 AM

you could always leave the match after you die, then go in a diffrent mech into a battle while waiting for the first to come back.

Edited by NotoriousForce, 19 June 2012 - 05:22 AM.

#6 GHQCommander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:30 AM

Well there is no lifeform avatar. So I think we will return to the drop-ship during battle to take territory, maybe a mech-bay when not engaged in battle. No doubt there will be chat and interfaces for the usual stuff.

What I don't think a lot of people realise right now is these territory games can be far more simple than Star Trek Online or Star Wars: The Old Republic or any of the older MMO which I'm not going to mention. They have social areas, free range and exploration.

I've not played an MMO where we need to take our avatar too the bank other than Battlestar Galactica Online. A territory game, it even has lifeform avatar which MW:O does not. It suggests to me that whenever in mech we will be on the battlefield.

Still though, I would be surprised if there is not a semi social area. Maybe ground base on home planets or something. I would also be surprised if there are areas to explore at will and things to do other than engage in battle over territory or arena matches.

#7 Adrienne Vorton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:15 AM

nobody knows where it will be heading when the game is finally running well...

#8 Tornado Dash

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:50 AM

I think it would be cool to have the walk around area like in Mech Assault 2 where you can interact with other mech pilots.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users