1026 replies to this topic

#61 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:10 PM

View PostRyan Steel, on 05 February 2014 - 06:07 PM, said:

I may have an animated way of saying what I have to say, but it's pretty clear that you have nothing objective to say about Paul's move because you're not good enough at the game to understand how it works at its very core. A lot of you guys think nerfing something is going to solve a problem that you're confusing with another. The problem isn't the highlander or poptarting, it's that we're in them and we poptart. That's why we are challenging the devs and you guys by calling for a complete highlander/poptart/assault nerf or whatever you guys want to prove it to you. If you guys want to ruin your game by solving non-issues then great. I find poptarting pretty boring tbh and can't wait to move on to other things. I say buff something else to make other things competitive, but you guys think you know best, so go on.

You can act as smug, sarcastic, or indignant as you want, you know I'm right and have absolutely nothing to say to prove me wrong.

Again Corky, I never said I wanted anything nerfed. All I said was "listen to the sound of the meta-humpers hearts breaking"

But the way you're hammering away at your keyboard, spraying spittle and reacting like the Angry German Kid while stroking your epeen is only proving my point.

You think you know how the game works, in a very myopic sort of way, you're right... but you're terrified that your "old faithful" is gonna be a changin'

#62 CrashieJ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • LocationGalatea (Mercenary's Star)

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:12 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 05 February 2014 - 06:10 PM, said:

Again Corky, I never said I wanted anything nerfed. All I said was "listen to the sound of the meta-humpers hearts breaking"

But the way you're hammering away at your keyboard, spraying spittle and reacting like the Angry German Kid while stroking your epeen is only proving my point.

You think you know how the game works, in a very myopic sort of way, you're right... but you're terrified that your "old faithful" is gonna be a changin'

Meta humpers to the Rescue
humping on other metas
PGI deems them OP
Nerfgun reloads

Edited by gavilatius, 05 February 2014 - 06:13 PM.

#63 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:12 PM

View Postkaffeangst, on 05 February 2014 - 06:09 PM, said:

I am the best Highlander pilot in the game, and I say - go ahead, nerf away. The people who rely on that specific chassis to be even slightly above-average will fall, not the naturally skilled. Brawling is more fun, anyhow.

Fix SRM's before adjusting... I agree with this notion.

LORD KAFFEANGST
ggclose™

and most humble :rolleyes:

#64 Shredhead

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:13 PM

View PostRyan Steel, on 05 February 2014 - 05:57 PM, said:

I like you. You're the type of guy that can accept defeat, learn from it, and use what you're learned to best your opponent in your next confrontation instead of getting upset at everything and everyone else but yourself. It's why you're better at this game than others.

I am sure I can give every single one of you a hard time 1 on 1, except for Kaffe. And I make it my mission to record every single match against that guy till I have enough evidence for what I suspect for a long time now, and I will get proof. Other than that, you are just douches, and you deserve no respect at all.

View Postkaffeangst, on 05 February 2014 - 06:09 PM, said:

I am the best Highlander pilot in the game, and I say - go ahead, nerf away. The people who rely on that specific chassis to be even slightly above-average will fall, not the naturally skilled. Brawling is more fun, anyhow.

Fix SRM's before adjusting... I agree with this notion.

LORD KAFFEANGST
ggclose™

No, you're not.

Edited by Shredhead, 05 February 2014 - 06:15 PM.

#65 Green Mamba

• Shredder
  • 1,659 posts
  • LocationNC,United States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:14 PM

Eventually only the White Knights will be playing this game

#66 Mazgazine1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 368 posts
  • LocationLondon, Ontario

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:15 PM

I still don't think PGI gets it - Transparency, public votes/forum, TESTING.

You guys keep creating and building without your paying and playing customers.

UI 2.0 is out now, and its obvious that there is very little reasoning for some things.

If a nerf is going to be used - TEST IT, and test it frequently. We do have a test client, use it a lot, every day test something. Dedicate one guy to loading any stupid ideas that come to mind. Tell us what your going to do, and let us test it.

and please, for the love of the games future - USE OUR ADVICE.

#67 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:16 PM

View PostGreen Mamba, on 05 February 2014 - 06:14 PM, said:

Eventually only the White Knights will be playing this game

It'd be better than the
Ehr meh Gerd!!!!!! PGI sucks! I hate this game! I want a refund! If you don't make this change I'm going to type mean words about your grandchildren!
crowd

#68 DEN_Ninja

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,097 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:16 PM

Well this sounds like a step into "aggressive balancing".

Looking forward to the changes in JJ's not so much specific mechs tho.

#69 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:17 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 05 February 2014 - 05:09 PM, said:

Sitting across from the studio from me is a board with all the 'Mechs on it. In my crosshairs... the Highlander. More info to follow along with intended implementation date. Just giving you all a heads up.

The Highlander itself isn't the problem. It's what it does very, very well that's the problem.

Poptarting and PPC/AC dipstickery with 30-40 pinpoint salvos. Fix those problems, and you won't end up castrating designs one at a time to little real effect.

#70 kaffeangst

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 123 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:18 PM

Wait... are you implying I cheat Shredhead?

Please go back through my hundreds of hours of recorded video on my Twitch stream. There's no need for you to record anything, I stream my gameplay all the time.

#71 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:18 PM

View PostMazgazine1, on 05 February 2014 - 06:15 PM, said:

You guys keep creating and building without your paying and playing customers.

and please, for the love of the games future - USE OUR ADVICE.

http://mwomercs.com/...y-needs-a-buff/
http://mwomercs.com/...-a-narc-update/

they do

#72 StormDll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:19 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 05 February 2014 - 05:09 PM, said:

Sitting across from the studio from me is a board with all the 'Mechs on it. In my crosshairs... the Highlander. More info to follow along with intended implementation date. Just giving you all a heads up.

need not nerf Highlanders or model furs. Enough to increase the heat jump.
For example. At full works JJ heating:
1 jump - 30%
2 Jump - 35%
3 Jump - 40%
Etc.
Mb more heat.
What gives? Jump sniper takes off JJ (~30%) + shot of 2 PPC (30%) obtained ~60% of the total heating.
It is natural and logical restriction because JJ should strongly heated mech - it's a direct exit from the plasma engine!
for example MW4 and MWLL a nerf is the most balanced. There's a lot of mech with JJ + PPC and Gauss, and use them a pleasure. But in MWO nonstop JJ-Sniping does not work - JJ very heated after the shot has to wait for 5-10 seconds until the mech has cooled

Edited by StormDll, 05 February 2014 - 06:24 PM.

#73 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:20 PM

View Postwanderer, on 05 February 2014 - 06:17 PM, said:

The Highlander itself isn't the problem. It's what it does very, very well that's the problem.

Poptarting and PPC/AC dipstickery with 30-40 pinpoint salvos. Fix those problems, and you won't end up castrating designs one at a time to little real effect.

Relax and read further, he's talking about JJs, just poking the bear with the HGN

View PostPaul Inouye, on 05 February 2014 - 05:27 PM, said:

Just going back to the good old days of poking the dragon and running away.

Yes... JJs are being looked at and specifically the initial burst turn. And there are other Mechs on the firing range.

#74 soapyfrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 409 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:20 PM

1 Jumpjet should not allow you to poptart, or make poptarting slow and dififcult. You should have to invest in several jumpjets to make it viable.

Making it so that JJ fuel regeneration scales with # of jumpjets would be a great start; if you only have 1 jumpjet and its 10-15 seocnds between jumps then that would be a nice change.

#75 OuttaAmmo NoWai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 229 posts
  • LocationNot at a macbook

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:21 PM

Nerfing the highlander is silly. The problem is highlanders, victors, shadowhawks, and cataphracts all running the same builds. If you're serious, everyone will just play victors.

2xppc 2xAC/5 too strong

#76 LaughingCow

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:21 PM

Thanks Paul, I'm glad to hear that some attention is being given. I rarely post on the forums but given what am impact this has on my play, and the play of many of my friends, I felt I should add my feedback.

My current experience with MWO (and that of most of my unit members) is somewhat of a Jekyll and Hyde one. Some nights we have a blast, win or lose, enjoying the variety of mechs and gameplay available to us. Other nights if you're not in your own poptart assault, you're just cannon fodder. Even when you win, it's repetitive boring gameplay, that frankly a shooter like CoD does better at. Usually we logoff after an hour and go play something else on these nights.

The Highlander is certainly the worst culprit, carrying the most weaponry and massive amounts of armor, but if there were no Highlanders, there'd be Victors and CTF-3Ds and the game would be very similar.

My recommendations for things to try are:

1. Restore a resemblance of natural law and have heavier mechs suffer *more* falling damage for a given height than lighter mechs. For a structure made of a given material, the more massive it is the more damage it'll take in a fall. Currently, counter-intuitively, lights are the only ones that have real risk of leg damage from falling, despite the reverse being expected from a physics perspective.

Balance it so that while a Highlander could pop waist-height or even Atlas height a number of times, they would take some leg damage (proportionally significant to the amount of armor they have). Bouncing up and down repeatedly should bring their legs into red armor or worse after 10+ of these tart jumps.

Since it's the distance fallen that would cause the leg damage, this shouldn't at all impact the ability of JJ assaults to move over terrain/cover, as they'd be walking over it, not dropping down repeatedly behind it. It also preserves the ability of light mechs to fully utilize JJ acrobatics in combat.

2. Require heavier mechs to equip significantly more jumpjets to get higher than anything deemable as cover.

Thanks for listening and your consideration.

Best regards,

#77 and zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Revolutionary
  • The Revolutionary
  • 461 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:22 PM

Unless there are some hitbox issues on the highlander Im not aware of, I do not think the highlander needs to be nerfed....

The dominance of the highlander is simply a symptom of the greater dysfunction of the overal meta game, which is all about pin point alpha, front loaded damage "hill camping"...the highlander is the pinnacle of this simply because it has the most tonnage and jumpjets.

Fix the overal balance and the highlander will be just another mech :rolleyes: (PLEASE)

edit: if he is talking about nerfing jump jets, that will also not address the true issue here (heat system and front loaded damage over DPS). Just another band aide fix like ghost heat (which clearly did not succeed) is not what we need PGI. Please look at the big picture :P

Edited by and zero, 05 February 2014 - 06:24 PM.

#78 BlackDrakon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 576 posts
  • LocationEl Salvador

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:23 PM

FIX THE GOD DAMN SRMS!!

#79 Prezimonto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 2,017 posts
  • LocationKufstein FRR

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:23 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 05 February 2014 - 05:19 PM, said:

Sssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hear that?

That is the sound of meta-humpers hearts breaking all over the forum

I love me some equal opportunity trolling. It's so consistent, almost poetic.

#80 Damocles69

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 888 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:24 PM

sandpit, roadbeer. do those gleaming shields and armor ever get heavy?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users