Infestation Of Light Mechs And Terrible Match Balance.

47 replies to this topic

#41 LastPaladin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 596 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:27 PM

View PostZerberus, on 06 February 2014 - 08:58 AM, said:

If you look closely, you also see a lot more light HUNTERS right now, like streaktaros or Streakhawks.... That is no coincidence ;)

Yessir! The day those Firestarters came out, I was eating them for breakfast. Took my streaktaro out and got 4 kills the first match :)

#42 The Equalizer

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:51 AM

I play Commandos and have since they first appeared in closed Beta. I'm really not concerned(use a spell checker, they come built into several web browsers these days) about alpha striking newbies. In fact the vast majority of my builds are considered "bad" by the unofficial Meta Enforcers.

I am definitely not afraid of change. What I am pointing out is that PGI has no incentive to make it easier for people to play their game without giving them SOME money. I will admit I question their pricing structure... but I don't think they give a damn what someone who has invested $0 in the game wants when they don't seem to care what people who have invested $100+ into their game want and I don't see that changing.

Im not bothering with spell checkers. As you can see, I havent even bothered to learn how to quote properly. Its been more than 20 years from my last english class so Im bound to have forgotten a thing or two. English being my second language and not used on daily basis.

We do agree that pgi doesnt seem to care but I do think they are wrong not to. Wont go into detail more here cause it would be too far off topic.

#43 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:34 AM

View PostThe Equalizer, on 07 February 2014 - 07:51 AM, said:

Im not bothering with spell checkers. As you can see, I havent even bothered to learn how to quote properly. Its been more than 20 years from my last english class so Im bound to have forgotten a thing or two. English being my second language and not used on daily basis.

We do agree that pgi doesnt seem to care but I do think they are wrong not to. Wont go into detail more here cause it would be too far off topic.

just hit the quote button in the bottom right hand corner of a post. That will give you the timestamp quote that includes the poster's name and such :P

#44 Justy Starflare

• PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:58 PM

Easy explanation. Light mechs are way too small for
their weight, tho PCI won't admit to it, but for someone
That has to deal with weight vs volume vs size. Also its much easier for lights to shoot big targets as opposed to other lights. I've seen lights totally ignore
A light on the other team just to shoot the big target. Its not going to be much longer before assaults disappear from gameplay unless pgi pulls their head out and resizes lights.

#45 Mercules

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:00 PM

View PostJusty Starflare, on 07 February 2014 - 01:58 PM, said:

Its not going to be much longer before assaults disappear from gameplay unless pgi pulls their head out and resizes lights.

Posted Image

#46 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:45 PM

View PostJusty Starflare, on 07 February 2014 - 01:58 PM, said:

Easy explanation. Light mechs are way too small for
their weight, tho PCI won't admit to it, but for someone
That has to deal with weight vs volume vs size. Also its much easier for lights to shoot big targets as opposed to other lights. I've seen lights totally ignore
A light on the other team just to shoot the big target. Its not going to be much longer before assaults disappear from gameplay unless pgi pulls their head out and resizes lights.

Uhm.....
I know a ton of players who would disagree with you on that one

#47 Nick Makiaveli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:30 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 06 February 2014 - 11:26 AM, said:

Glued to a 3L :rolleyes:

Like I said in-game, it's perfectly legit for a Locust to hide behind a Raven... :P

View PostSandpit, on 07 February 2014 - 02:45 PM, said:

Uhm.....
I know a ton of players who would disagree with you on that one

Yea, given that it usually only takes a few hits to nail a Light to the wall, vs circle strafing an Assault till he gets dizzy and falls over.....

#48 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:55 PM

View PostDjPush, on 06 February 2014 - 08:31 AM, said:

Since I cant figure out how to post an image that isn't linked to a URL

See the button down and to the right of the smiley face?

Posted Image

28 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 28 guests, 0 anonymous users