13 replies to this topic

#1 Kekkone

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 144 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:35 AM

Issue:
Still cannot fully control where a weapon will end up on a saved mech. Example:

Left torso has 2 energy hardpoints. I want the upper hardpoint to mount my PPC and the lower a med laser. I place them in that order. All is fine untill i save and they default to switched places.

Suggestion:
Fix whatever variable is defaulting my PPC to the lower slot.

#2 Herger

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:07 AM

sadly this will not get fixed anytime soon. this has been asked for since closed BETA. and that was a loooooong time ago.

#3 Kaeb Odellas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:31 AM

This is really annoying for missile hardpoints too. My Griffin keeps putting the LRM15 on the 10-tube slot and the LRM10 on the 15-tube slot. As a result, I just run 2 LRM10s now.

#4 SirLANsalot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:03 PM

same issue on any Highlanders Torso missile points. Torso can handle a LRM 20, but the side "pod" can handle only a 10......

#5 Crackerbox

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:19 PM

I most definitely want this feature, or at the very least make it so that if you rearrange it the way you want it doesn't rearrange your work.

I run a pair of PPCs and 4 MLs on my BLR-G in the torso's symmetrically. I want my PPCs to take up the top energy weapon model points so that I can expose less of myself to fire them. I can currently arrange it like this in the mechlab, but as soon as I save it, it rearranges where things are.

#6 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:16 PM

Known issue, with a workaround.

Sell the offending piece of gear and buy a new one and it should stay where you place it. What apparenlty happens is weapons remember where they were originally and revert to that hardpoint order when you throw them on a location with multiple hardpoint options.

It's a pain, but it ougth to be managable with a little bit of effort.

#7 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:56 AM

View PostLevi Porphyrogenitus, on 08 February 2014 - 04:16 PM, said:

Sell the offending piece of gear and buy a new one and it should stay where you place it. What apparenlty happens is weapons remember where they were originally and revert to that hardpoint order when you throw them on a location with multiple hardpoint options.

if indeed this is the case, you would think fixing it wouldnt be so hard.

#8 Crackerbox

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:33 PM

View PostLevi Porphyrogenitus, on 08 February 2014 - 04:16 PM, said:

This is all well and good, but this 'workaround' isn't really a 'workaround' because it costs c-bills. It would be far less of a deal if it wasn't, but if I have to spend half a million c-bills every time I want a PPC in a particular place, it starts to cost a pretty penny for something that shouldn't be a problem.

What am I doing? Bribing technicians to put it in the right spot on my mech? If that's the case, I wanna fire my mechbay technicians and hire ones that actually do their job.

Edited by Crackerbox, 09 February 2014 - 01:34 PM.

#9 Naduk

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:03 PM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 09 February 2014 - 12:56 AM, said:

if indeed this is the case, you would think fixing it wouldnt be so hard.

perhaps its not hard
but it will take several man hours for someone to go find the offending part of code
especially if the bug is not in any of the directly related code modules (IE mechloading or inventory management)

majority of us do not care about this bug jumpup and down about it en mass and those that it really irritates eventually find out about the workaround anyway

so their programer resources are best spend on finding cures for bugs that prevent people from playing the game
or developing new features that should of been in our hands ages ago but things get in the way and are often harder than they seem

#10 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:34 PM

View PostKaeb Odellas, on 06 February 2014 - 11:31 AM, said:

This is really annoying for missile hardpoints too. My Griffin keeps putting the LRM15 on the 10-tube slot and the LRM10 on the 15-tube slot. As a result, I just run 2 LRM10s now.
"Working as intended"™

#11 Stepping Razor

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 46 posts
  • LocationVermont Hills

Posted 12 May 2014 - 02:39 PM

i honestly don't think this is a bug, i think its just how they set up the game. should be easy enough to fix it, with out having to spend c-bills. i will just add it to the long list of things PGI does purposefully to make our game experience take more time than needed. the more time they can make us waste the more money they make.

#12 ScorpionNinja

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 170 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:50 PM

+1

This ******* bug is such a MAJOR "turn off" for us Customers, PGI can just keep on IGNORING it and watch players leave!

#13 9erRed

• Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:23 AM

Greetings all,

Karl has addressed this issue and it's in the 'Bug" list to be fixed.

Here's the response from Karl to that question:

Q: Essentially, weapons appear to have a mind of their own as far as their place in a given location, which results in semi-random reordering after saving a loadout, and then again after launching in a mech. However, you can usually force MWO to do what you want by using an elaborate (and costly) workaround. Is the random reordering deliberate, or a bug? Are there plans to give players direct control over that? The reordering is often illogical, often putting big missile launchers in low-tube hardpoints, and forcing heavy energy weapons into low locations.

Karl's Answer:
This is a bug. Essentially, at this time, the order in which you equip weapons determines the visual outcome, but that order is not persisted right now. This means, in-game, the order the game falls back on is the sort order the game retrieved equipped inventory in, which is sorted by primary key. That primary key for player inventory is a specially constructed hash with a few special properties. One of those properties is that it monotonically increases for given single player. This effectively makes the equip ordering fall back to inventory purchase order once you leave the mechlab.

The gameplay team has the bug, and is investigating options for resolving this. We've provided them some space for saving extra metadata about equipped inventory.

So they know about it, and are going to solve it, hopefully soon.

9erRed

Edited by 9erRed, 13 May 2014 - 10:24 AM.

#14 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:19 AM

why can't we just have fun? ;)

Edited by Bigbacon, 13 May 2014 - 11:19 AM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users