17 replies to this topic

#1 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:21 AM

Hey guys,

After the Hot Fix yesterday, it seems that..

1. It's still populating from the website: Someone told me on TeamSpeak last night that they were trying to message me and invite me to a group for a good half hour before I was actually in the game, while I was browsing the forums. (who knows how much longer I was showing up on the list before he tried)

2. It was timed by several people in my group, and it appears that it takes between 1:15m and 1:30m to populate the friends list in Social, this slows down group launching as you are unable to ready/launch until that list populates.

Just a heads up.

#2 Karl Berg

Technical Director

• 497 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:38 AM

Hrm, not good. We will investigate further; thanks for the heads up!

#3 Big STRETCH

• PipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 22 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:23 AM

my game is locking up every time I open social tab since hot fix. Just took awhile before hot fix now I can't play in groups.

I really hope this issue is fixed soon I have RHOD and MCW matches coming up.

#4 Ripper X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 344 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:50 AM

Since the hot fix opening the social tab is a total pain after each match. Most times it will lock up the game for 30 seconds to a minute until I am able to ready up. Other times it will crash to desktop. A clan mate of mine is the opposite. He crashes to desktop most of the time.

#5 xRedEyex

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 84 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:57 AM

After the hotfix yesterday I noticed that some friends that had already added me to their friends list did not see me online, as soon as I sent them a message in game however, I suddenly appeared on their friends list and they were able to invite. Thought I would share.

#6 Capfailboat

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:58 PM

View PostBig STRETCH, on 06 February 2014 - 11:23 AM, said:

my game is locking up every time I open social tab since hot fix. Just took awhile before hot fix now I can't play in groups.

I really hope this issue is fixed soon I have RHOD and MCW matches coming up.

We had reports of similar issues last night for ToP Matches in MCW. Just wait the freeze out, it will populate.

#7 Risen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 192 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:20 PM

After the hotfix I suffer from a serious issue with the social tab.

As soon as I open it, I mostly only see blocked players on my list or sometimes players who have recently invited me into their group.

The game freezes and as soon as I click somewhere my windows "blue circle" turns up, either the game breaks down directly then or I can click somewhere again and it does it.

Around 1 out of 5 tries my game "de-freezes" and I can ready up and play.

Please find the problem, I don't want to play pug all the time ;)

*edit*
As far as my teammates tell me, I vanish from their lists after I reconnect and turn up from time to time or stay online after I was able to join a group.

Edited by Risen, 06 February 2014 - 02:22 PM.

#8 Nooee

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 155 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:21 PM

The problem is in your friend list being to large.
I have had this same problem and fixed it by reducing my friend list to 100 or less players.
This stopped the freezing and crashing.

#9 Coburn

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 53 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:07 PM

My Social tab takes 60+ seconds to load in between every single game. This is happening to a lot of players. We think the issue is that a lot of us have 90+ mechs and 1000+ friends on our list. It doesn't happen on a fresh account with no mechs and no friends. This is a major issue and has caused a few people to leave this game already because it really is extremely annoying.

#10 Devilsfury

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 432 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:30 PM

Yep, I have the same issue except that it takes almost 2 minutes, the screen goes white, says the game is not responding then the group screen pops up and works fine. WTH did they do with the patch? sigh....

#11 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:03 PM

View PostDevilsfury, on 06 February 2014 - 04:30 PM, said:

Yep, I have the same issue except that it takes almost 2 minutes, the screen goes white, says the game is not responding then the group screen pops up and works fine. WTH did they do with the patch? sigh....

I've started getting that tonight as well, didn't have that problem last night.
Though wait times are increasing over last night as well, for the friends list to populate.

#12 DodgerH2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:08 PM

Chiming in to see I've noticed this as well. Takes about 90 seconds to populate my list and if I try to do anything else in that time (including sometimes but not always just clicking in the MWO mechlab) it will cause the client to hang. If I wait it out everything seems fine but I haven't really tested it extensively yet.

Edit: It's 90 seconds EVERY time, so between matches it takes a long time before I can ready up.

Edited by DodgerH2O, 08 February 2014 - 09:27 PM.

#13 GrizzlyViking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationMarik

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:54 PM

I deleted all but about 20 friends and it's working fine now. :P

#14 Bhelogan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 328 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:23 PM

I guess they are punishing the popular people

#15 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:29 PM

View PostGrizzlyViking, on 07 February 2014 - 05:54 PM, said:

I deleted all but about 20 friends and it's working fine now. :P

Now I'll never get in a GrizGroup :rolleyes:

New problem, I've started getting the Windows "Waiting for program to respond" pop up today, clears after 2 attempts, but I only get this when I'm group lead.

#16 Karl Berg

Technical Director

• 497 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:43 PM

UI guys are aware of the slowdowns with large numbers of friends. They're burning through a bunch of critical fixes right now, but I think these social issues are pretty high up in their priority list as well. I can confirm the slowdown is caused by users with large numbers of friends, and that things start getting bad at about the 250 friend mark.

#17 Nooee

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 155 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:56 PM

Thanks for the update.

#18 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:32 AM

Thanks for the update Karl.

An inconsistent trick I've noticed is that if you open your social, close it quick then reopen, your friends list is populated.
I'd say it works maybe 2 out of 5.... though, it may just be that it's the same amount of time and I was just experiencing the "Watched Pot" axiom.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users