*buys bulk ramen for another week*

#42 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:41 AM

If they do all these, then have an MC sale at the end it will have been too late for me to buy them :P

#43 o0Marduk0o

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:42 AM

A few minutes downtime is no problem and I wouldn't care but I thought they need no downtime at all for sales since UI2.0?

#44 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:42 AM

View Posto0Marduk0o, on 07 February 2014 - 10:42 AM, said:

A few minutes downtime is no problem and I wouldn't care but I thought they need no downtime at all for sales since UI2.0?

I didn't see any mention of downtime

#45 Ren Kurogane

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 175 posts
  • Location10.4.2 401

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:48 AM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 07 February 2014 - 10:42 AM, said:

I didn't see any mention of downtime

there was...i got the announcement when my friends and i were in a match

#46 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:54 AM

It seems that it's not downtime really but more like the server resets when they do a sale and it interupts matches. Not sure if it's by design or what.

#47 Rick Rawlings

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:57 AM

For those who have both, do you like the Ilya or the Firebrand better and why? If you don't have both, which of those are you looking to get and why?

Thanks!

#48 Veebora

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 111 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:59 AM

I hate you because you are taking my money!

What can I do?

Buy another Heroe Mech!

#49 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:00 AM

View Post627, on 07 February 2014 - 10:22 AM, said:

which one is the good dragon, fang or flame?

Flame. Still grabbed a fang though. Its the only one I havent mastered yet

#50 PoLaR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 620 posts
  • LocationEast Bay

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:02 AM

Wow, 50% off. Very impressed, should be a sure thing for a lot of people out there.

The sales keep getting better and better!

#51 Bident

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:06 AM

Thank you PGI for 50% sale. I couldnt otherwise offord it CTF-IM

#52 Dagger6T6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,362 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationcockpit

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:08 AM

View PostKyle Wright, on 07 February 2014 - 10:12 AM, said:

the smell of desperation they must really be hurting. We didnt even get sales like this during xmas.

Actually one of the advantages of UI 2.0 is that they can do sales and bundles on the fly and they don't have to take the servers down to inject the sales... so one man's desperation is another man's implementation of a feature they wanted to do for a long time now.

50% off hero mechs is hard to complain about... but obviously anything for sale in the MWO store is an optional purchase

#53 Kyle Wright

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 663 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:08 AM

View PostcSand, on 07 February 2014 - 10:27 AM, said:

LOOK OUT EVERYONE, COOLEST DUDE IN THE UNIVERSE HAS LANDED IN THE FORUMS. MAKE WAY

Dont get me wrong Im glad they are finally starting to do great sales like this I really am. Its just as one of you said "fishy" to me. These sales are what sales shouldve been all a long. Why they werent even implemented during holidays like this is beyond me. If its their way to save face and bring some goodwill to the community for the mess ups of the new UI then im okay with it.

#54 ReconTheWelshie

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:09 AM

View PostRick Rawlings, on 07 February 2014 - 10:57 AM, said:

For those who have both, do you like the Ilya or the Firebrand better and why? If you don't have both, which of those are you looking to get and why?

Thanks!

Both are GREAT mechs. The ilya is better with ballistics, but the firebrand is good with heavy ballistics AND Energy weapons.

Personally? I think I would take the Firebrand over an Ilya, its fun and can run with many interesting builds.

Hope you choose the right mech for you :P

#55 cSand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:10 AM

View PostKyle Wright, on 07 February 2014 - 11:08 AM, said:

Dont get me wrong Im glad they are finally starting to do great sales like this I really am. Its just as one of you said "fishy" to me. These sales are what sales shouldve been all a long. Why they werent even implemented during holidays like this is beyond me. If its their way to save face and bring some goodwill to the community for the mess ups of the new UI then im okay with it.

So why don't you share your thoughts like a big boy in the first place?

Complaining about a reduction in prices is ridiculous, no matter how much tinfoil your hat is made of

Edited by cSand, 07 February 2014 - 11:11 AM.

#56 Kyle Wright

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 663 posts

View PostDagger6T6, on 07 February 2014 - 11:08 AM, said:

Actually one of the advantages of UI 2.0 is that they can do sales and bundles on the fly and they don't have to take the servers down to inject the sales... so one man's desperation is another man's implementation of a feature they wanted to do for a long time now.

50% off hero mechs is hard to complain about... but obviously anything for sale in the MWO store is an optional purchase

And have you seen them say anything ever about the new UI changing up their marketing strategy for mech sales? If so please send me a link so I can educate myself ( not being sarcastic, really mean it). Maybe you guys know something I dont.

#57 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

View PostKyle Wright, on 07 February 2014 - 11:08 AM, said:

Because to have a sale, they needed to patch the client. UI 2.0 gives them the ability to do it dynamically. They couldn't do package deals, or anything like that.

#58 Big Tin Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:12 AM

These ads would be 20% cooler if you could click on the mech and it linked to an information page about the mech...

And I'm buying an Ilya tonight. I've been patient with my 6500 mc and it paid off.

#59 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:14 AM

View PostKyle Wright, on 07 February 2014 - 11:10 AM, said:

And have you seen them say anything ever about the new UI changing up their marketing strategy for mech sales? If so please send me a link so I can educate myself ( not being sarcastic, really mean it). Maybe you guys know something I dont.

They have made comments about it, in some of their UI 2.0 discussions. The additional flexibility it provides allows them to offer sales that they just couldn't do before. Even gifting is supposed to be one of those features; a rather huge one that I hope they implement soon.

#60 Kyle Wright

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 663 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:15 AM

View PostHeffay, on 07 February 2014 - 11:10 AM, said:

Because to have a sale, they needed to patch the client. UI 2.0 gives them the ability to do it dynamically. They couldn't do package deals, or anything like that.

But is it a package deal?

Just for one second think about what past sales where about? They were usually the same mechs for %30 off, why now the switch to %50?.

Second this isnt a package sale. If you think in terms of retail its like going to a store where certain items are markets down. To be coined as a package deal then it should be Buy 1 get 1 Free, or Buy any 3 Hero's for $25 and get 7 days premium time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users