Clan Hardpoints Posted, Err In Timber Wolf?

261 replies to this topic

#21 FireSlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:09 PM

MW3 had it running at 81 kph so not really a surprise there, and I think that they are keeping the LRM 20 5 tons since there was no mention of changing it and something like that would break some builds so I assume (more like I would hope) that they would say something. I bet that was a typo since it does not show the right torso hardpoints. The speed is calculated with 16.2(375/75)=81kph so most likely not an error there. They probably did this to compensate for speed tweak allowing them to move too fast; 86.4*1.1 would equal a 95kph 75 ton mech that can dish out 85 damage alphas. With being able to purchase Omnipods (most likely their c-bill sink since you cannot change out the engine) JJs might be available on one of them that you can place on your mech so not going to fret over it yet. What I really want to know is what are they going to do about Hero mechs since the Clans rarely left stock configs.

#22 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:15 PM

Timber Wolf has too many mismatches to look like anything more than a proofreading error on their behalf. Not going to burst out the blazing pitchforks and start a rabbleparty.

#23 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:19 PM

View PostFireSlade, on 07 February 2014 - 12:09 PM, said:

What I really want to know is what are they going to do about Hero mechs since the Clans rarely left stock configs.

e.g. Victor Steiner-Davion's Prometheus Dire Wolf maybe?

#24 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:27 PM

Half the images get hidden by the video, so you can't see them.

#25 FireSlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:39 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 07 February 2014 - 12:19 PM, said:

e.g. Victor Steiner-Davion's Prometheus Dire Wolf maybe?

That is one mech now what about the Kit Fox, Adder, Nova, Stormcrow, Summoner, Timberwolf, and Warhawk? And that is just the announced designs. It will really suck if the only Clan Hero mechs are ones that the Innersphere pilots looted off of a Clansman and modified it to suit their tastes.

#26 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:41 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 07 February 2014 - 11:42 AM, said:

Yeah guys I think its safe to say that the Timber Wolf specs are in error.. we can just let them work that out. I'm certain they did not give the timber wolf one LRM 20. Given that the rest have accurate loadouts, except for the speeds I guess, I think we can assume that the Timber Wolf will have its correct loadout. And besides, 81 kph in a heavy is pretty mobile... after tweak will be 89 kph..

They said they were thinking about increasing the CLRM20's weight.. So it may not be an error..

#27 EarlGrey83

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 166 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:41 PM

View PostBront, on 07 February 2014 - 12:27 PM, said:

Half the images get hidden by the video, so you can't see them.

You can left click -> "show images" to see all the images. They should fix this though.

About the missing speed on some of the mechs, they said that the Omnipods come with (speed-)tweaks. Hopefully they are the answer to the mysterious speedloss of our Clantech. :P

#28 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:51 PM

Armament
Primary Configuration

Sarna's config

Edited by DavidHurricane, 07 February 2014 - 12:51 PM.

#29 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:52 PM

View PostFireSlade, on 07 February 2014 - 12:39 PM, said:

That is one mech now what about the Kit Fox, Adder, Nova, Stormcrow, Summoner, Timberwolf, and Warhawk? And that is just the announced designs. It will really suck if the only Clan Hero mechs are ones that the Innersphere pilots looted off of a Clansman and modified it to suit their tastes.

Fair enough. Check out sarna.net, Natasha Kerensky used a custom Dire Wolf... im sure there may be other. I'm sure they'll find some way to get some clan hero mechs in there. Sounds like Phelan Wolf piloted a custom Kit Fox at one point... so yeah they are out there :P

#30 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:53 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 07 February 2014 - 11:42 AM, said:

Yeah guys I think its safe to say that the Timber Wolf specs are in error.. we can just let them work that out. I'm certain they did not give the timber wolf one LRM 20. Given that the rest have accurate loadouts, except for the speeds I guess, I think we can assume that the Timber Wolf will have its correct loadout. And besides, 81 kph in a heavy is pretty mobile... after tweak will be 89 kph..

Some of the tabletop engines benefitted from speed increases due to the fact that the math worked out to give certain mechs half of a hex of movement extra per turn, which was just rounded up into a whole hex. I remember people raising hell about the Atlas being so slow when it came out, but because this game does not use hex movement, the numbers in MWO are accurate for what the speed should have been; I think this might fall into the same case.

View PostMonsoon, on 07 February 2014 - 11:51 AM, said:

Personally, I'm much more interested in the Masakari and Puma's Targeting Computers. Very curious to see how those would be implemented in game.

As am I! The only thing I can think is that they'll give you lead indicators for the PPCs, a little moving circle on your screen that shows where you have to aim if you want to hit a moving target. What they'll do for people who have lasers linked to the targeting computer is beyond me, though.

Either that or it will be dead weight like the command console. And given the rules they've listed for Omni construction so far, it might be non-removable dead weight.

#31 Kyle Polulak

<member/>

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:58 PM

It's an image error, and I have escalated it to the people responsible for the graphic's creation.

#32 Nehkrosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 772 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:03 PM

so....it'll change?

#33 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:04 PM

View PostKyle Polulak, on 07 February 2014 - 12:58 PM, said:

It's an image error, and I have escalated it to the people responsible for the graphic's creation.

Can I proof read them next time :P

#34 Blackscreen

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:06 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 07 February 2014 - 12:15 PM, said:

Timber Wolf has too many mismatches to look like anything more than a proofreading error on their behalf. Not going to burst out the blazing pitchforks and start a rabbleparty.

You do realize where you are, right? :P

#35 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

That is half of what they said. The other half was that it was a last resort. The nuclear option. As in it is the least possible of the balance options they have available to them.

I refuse to go direct to a crisis mentality, especially since PGI has a history of typoing on several of their sale pages in the past - often quite noticeably at that!

Edit:

WTF, phone. Showing me a PGI response only after I hit reply! :P

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 07 February 2014 - 01:07 PM.

#36 chaas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 111 posts

View PostFireSlade, on 07 February 2014 - 12:39 PM, said:

Aidan Pryde's Summoner configuration from his Blood Name battle. Natasha Kerensky's Black Widow Timberwolf. And I'm just an IS freebirth, can't imagine you Clanners can't think of your own heroes.

#37 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:08 PM

Diana Pryde's Warhawk. I think I recall Trent using a Stormcrow...

#38 shameless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 491 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:08 PM

the summoner will have the Malthus Hero config, the T-wolf will have the Aidian Pryde, the Daishi can be Prometheus, hohiro's variant, or Widowmaker. I know later on Diana Pryde makes a custom Nova. don't remember any Ryokens or Kit Foxes, or Adders...

the targeting computer should be removable, as it changes size depending on weapons present. I am interested in how it will work. Also notice, none of the mechs are ECM capable... that is going to be a HUGE disadvantage for the clans.

#39 Damian Frost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 121 posts
  • Location....is key to business success

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:30 PM

View Postshameless, on 07 February 2014 - 01:08 PM, said:

Also notice, none of the mechs are ECM capable... that is going to be a HUGE disadvantage for the clans.

speaking of ECM, too bad the Loki isn't being release in the package

#40 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:36 PM

View PostDamian Frost, on 07 February 2014 - 01:30 PM, said:

speaking of ECM, too bad the Loki isn't being release in the package

I will not be surprised if we see a reinforcement package with some of the missing icons (Mad Dog, Hellbringer (Loki)), the latter was my favorite back in the MW2 days.

I don't know if there is an anti-wishlist rule here, but if so that wasn't my intent...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users