Clan Hardpoints Posted, Err In Timber Wolf?

261 replies to this topic

#41 Damian Frost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 121 posts
  • Location....is key to business success

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:48 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 07 February 2014 - 01:36 PM, said:

I will not be surprised if we see a reinforcement package with some of the missing icons (Mad Dog, Hellbringer (Loki)), the latter was my favorite back in the MW2 days.

I don't know if there is an anti-wishlist rule here, but if so that wasn't my intent...

agreed, mine were also the Mad Dog and the Loki but not from MW2 but TT days

Edited by Damian Frost, 07 February 2014 - 01:48 PM.

#42 Kyle Polulak

<member/>

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:49 PM

I have pushed a new version and the image should refresh worldwide in 8 minutes is refreshed. Make sure you clear your cache often to test for the image change.

I have included all images here under the spoiler tag; they are for your convenience.

#43 Jakob Knight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:04 PM

I think people needed to look at the mech they were buying before they did so.

As has been noted in the omnimech rules for MWO, Clan crit spaces for Endosteel and Ferrofibrous Armor will be fixed to their slotted location. Referrencing the placement of these in the original mech sheet for the Timberwolf yields the following facts:

1) The Center Torso has a single Endosteel slot allocated. This means no ballistic weapon except a Machine Gun will be possible in this location. Also, this location will be able to mount a BAP, due to the Clan model being only 1 critical.

2) Only two other configurations are being put in for the Timberwolf, not the four that were the baseline models. This will mean at least two configurations will not be in the game (which two are not known). It seems likely that, based on pod mounting, the best guesses are the B due to it's similarity to the C, and the A which might be possibly too close to the Prime.

3) The only configurations with Ballistic mounts in the arms are the B (Gauss Rifle) and C (UAC/5). As both of these use the Right arm to mount them and have a Ferrofibrous armor crit in them, and as the Prime RT has two Ferrofibrous and one Endosteel crit assigned, no Timberwolf will be capable of mounting more than a single UAC/20 or LB 20-X AC. Configurations with multiple ACs will most likely only be possible with one in the arm, one in the torso.

This does assume the Timber Wolf Prime retains its side torso ballistic mount for the Machine Gun there.

4) Nothing at all will be able to be placed in the legs due to all crits being assigned to Endosteel.

5) Nothing at all will be able to be placed in the Head, as the only slot there is allocated to Ferrofibrous.

6) Each side torso will only have seven critical spaces available for use (the rest occupied by Engine, Ferrofibrous, and Endosteel).

7) Unlike the Catapult, the Timber Wolf's missile pods are torso mounts, which will make this mech more vunerable to side torso destruction. It remains to be seen if it will retain the large cockpit hitbox of the Catapult in addition to this.

8) The Timber Wolf will always have 15 heat sinks at the minimum, which cannot be removed to lighten tonnage.

Since these are all based on the original material, they are subject to change by the way the Devs introduce various equipment and allocate the minimum crits in the Timber Wolf. However, it is likely the above can be counted on as a general overview of what owners of the Timber Wolf can expect when they attempt to modify the mech they receive to weapons mountings of their own choosing. If any and all of the above is unacceptable to you, then you should avoid hoping the Timber Wolf will be the mech you hope it will be to you.

My own two cents.

Edited by Jakob Knight, 07 February 2014 - 02:10 PM.

#44 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:05 PM

View PostKyle Polulak, on 07 February 2014 - 01:49 PM, said:

I have pushed a new version and the image should refresh worldwide in 8 minutes is refreshed. Make sure you clear your cache often to test for the image change.

I have included all images here under the spoiler tag; they are for your convenience.

Why are Heat Sinks still under "Hardpoints" and not "Weapons & Equipment"? :P

#45 Wolf Ender

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSacramento, California

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:07 PM

i updated my cache and there still seems to be an error in here...

how can the Right Torso have a Machine Gun and LRM 20 in it if it still says the Right Torso has 1 energy, 1 missile hardpoint? should it not say 1 ballistic, 1 missile?

#46 Zolaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:08 PM

Yep ... after seeing the hard points going to hold off on buying the clan packages. After picking up the last 2, I have found that I just dont play enough of the Phoenix mechs to warrant buying this time around. If you have to have all the mechs then pick up the package. If you only want one or two of the mechs, I would just pick up some premium time and blow up the clanners as they level their new mechs up. When you find out the one or two mechs that fit the meta, pick em up. Then you are all set for the Hero mechs when they come out.

If CW is out before the package, I'll pick it up. I'll be playing enough to warrant it. If PGI is still working on UI 2.0 and telling me that CW is coming in 90 days and patching their DX 11 update while "balancing" weapons ... then I'll be playing something else while PGI works on everything they promised.

#47 Kyle Polulak

<member/>

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:30 PM

I just uploaded the images; email support@mwomercs.com if there is still technical issues.

#48 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:31 PM

Mmm With the ability to modify total armor points, I could make the Hellbringer work. And will, by Kerensky. I love that maligned mech, and will find a way to make it work! 28.75 tons of pod space is nothing to sneeze at, and even if two tons are shifted to armor instead of weapons, it still leaves it at near Timber Wolf levels of podspace.

Do. Want.

Also, thank you Kyle. The speedy response is much appreciated!

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 07 February 2014 - 02:31 PM.

#49 FireSlade

• 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:35 PM

View Postchaas, on 07 February 2014 - 01:06 PM, said:

Aidan Pryde's Summoner configuration from his Blood Name battle. Natasha Kerensky's Black Widow Timberwolf. And I'm just an IS freebirth, can't imagine you Clanners can't think of your own heroes.

Aidan Pryde's Summoner was a Prime config nothing special about it. Not sure with Natasha Kerensky, but I would not be surprised if she had a custom Timber Wolf, since she was a bit of an odd ball. Diana's Warhawk, as Pariah Devalis mentioned, was different that it was a Warhawk Prime but it had JJs on it at her commanders orders (Aidan Pryde), along with several other mechs under his command, to allow for unconventional tactics. Problem is that the Clans had plenty of "heroes" but they often used regular configs so that all we may end up with for a Hero mech is a Prime or alt Config with a custom paint job and 30% cbill bonus; That seems a little boring to me.

#50 GalaxyBluestar

• 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:11 PM

View PostKyle Polulak, on 07 February 2014 - 02:30 PM, said:

I just uploaded the images; email support@mwomercs.com if there is still technical issues.

i just use info source on my browser to save the images used on the webpage but thanks for that.

i'm being a little turned off by these things especially the engine nerfs, would've preferred no speedtweak perk in the clan tree rather than you having to go through leveling with a slower twist rate and speed. sensing scaremongers are getting their way.

really instead of nerfing all the tech and loadouts why not just takaway the modules form clans so that masterd mechs have 1 module and that's it. IS mechs having more modules at their disposal balances up the mech capabilities, {keeps the balance looneys happy} and leaves stock values alone {keeps the purist looneys happy}

i await weapon values and launch deployment numbers before considering the deal. better prey PGI don't alter it further.

Edited by GalaxyBluestar, 07 February 2014 - 04:18 PM.

#51 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:32 PM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 07 February 2014 - 10:30 AM, said:

Strangely enough, the Timberwolf Prime actually has 1 MG in the CT and the other MG in the RT.

This is from the 3050 readout:

Primary Weapons Configuration
Weapon Loc Crit Tonn
ER Large Laser RA 1 4
ER Medium Laser RA 1 1
Double Heat Sink RA 2 1
Machine Gun RT 1 .25
Ammo (MG) 200 RT 1 1
LRM 20 RT 4 5
Ammo (LRM) 6 RT 1 1
ER Large Laser LA 1 4
ER Medium Laser LA 1 1
Double Heat Sink LA 2 1
Medium Pulse Laser LT 1 2
LRM 20 LT 4 5
Ammo (LRM) 6 LT 1 1
Machine Gun CT 1 .25

That's not strange. The real Timber Wolf has a MG in the CT.
BTW, the hardpoints and weapon loadouts are absolutely correct, except for the part that says "Right Torso: 1 Energy, 1 Missile" -> the correct is "1 Ballistic, 1 Missile".

#52 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:41 PM

View PostMike Getsome, on 07 February 2014 - 11:36 AM, said:

I was afraid they gonna make missile racks as torsos hitboxes, lazy pgi ducks.

Excuse me, the LRMs are originally in the side torsos.

Many people posting here has "MW4" lore. Guys, MW4 (and MWLL) has nothing to do with the real stats of these mechs.

And again, the Timber Wolf has originally one MG in the side torso and the other in the CT.

BTW, PGI, you should inflate some hardpoint in some Clan mechs. Summoner with only 3 hardpoints? not good...

#53 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:53 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 07 February 2014 - 12:52 PM, said:

Fair enough. Check out sarna.net, Natasha Kerensky used a custom Dire Wolf... im sure there may be other. I'm sure they'll find some way to get some clan hero mechs in there. Sounds like Phelan Wolf piloted a custom Kit Fox at one point... so yeah they are out there :P

We are discussing this for some time:

View PostOdanan, on 27 June 2012 - 10:48 AM, said:

(Speculation) Clan Hero Configurations: (to name a few)
Spoiler

#54 Ney Pryde

Rookie

• The Bold
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:08 PM

View PostOdanan, on 07 February 2014 - 04:41 PM, said:

BTW, PGI, you should inflate some hardpoint in some Clan mechs. Summoner with only 3 hardpoints? not good...

^This so badly. It's bad enough my Pod Space has been taken away for hardpoints. Now my precious Summoner only has 3 hardpoints? You're killing me here. I want to buy the clan package. I really do. But everytime this start looking up, you release new info thats killing it for me.

It's almost like you dont want us to run custom loadouts on our clan mechs looking at these options for hardpoints. Everything has exactly enough for the loadout and thats it? This is a joke right?!? I mean 3 hardpoints total on the Adder? If I strip out the flamer and ERPPC's what am I going to do with 12 and a half tons of space (I believe thats correct) but only 3 energy points, one of which is in the head?

I'm a loyal Falcon to the day I die. I want to buy the whole package, all 240 dollars of it. But you've got to throw me a bone here. You've stripped me of Pod Space, you talk of nerfing my damage (and lrm no minimals), and now barely give any hardpoints to even work with.

Please PGI. You scratch my back by giving more firmed up details on damages (maybe even announce that we have full damage and drop out numbered? *hint hint wink wink nudge nudge*) and like at least double the hardpoints, and I'll gladly throw 240 dollars at you.

#55 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:13 PM

However, the issue is that the graphic for the Mad Cat lists the hardpoints for both the Left Torso and the Right Torso as "1 Energy, 1 Missile" while the loadout for the Right Torso is listed as "Machine Gun, LRM-20" - which means the hardpoints for the Right Torso should be listed as "1 Ballistic, 1 Missile" rather than "1 Energy, 1 Missile".

#56 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:47 PM

Are the hardpoints going to be inflated at all? For example, the Kit Fox shows 4 total hardpoints, which can be beaten by nearly every single Inner Sphere light excluding two Spider variants. And the Adder is even worse off...

#57 9erRed

• Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:51 PM

Greetings all,

Has no one noticed that the Prime load outs for some of the Clan mech's include the "Targeting Computer"

Example here:

Posted Image

And if they follow the Sarna explanation for what this computer does, the Clan Mech's just became much more dangerous.

The Targeting Computer
  • was introduced by Clan Mongoose in 2860.
  • Targeting Computers are sophisticated pieces of electronics that, unlike normal targeting systems, physically help MechWarriors target their opponents.
  • Recoil compensators and gyroscopic stabilizers are used to prevent normal weapon drift from factors such as recoil and movement while the computer accounts for atmospheric and other conditions to present an accurate "lead" on the target.
  • This allows for more surgical precision of weapons fire, especially with naturally accurate systems, allowing for the user to hit specific parts on the target vehicle.

Will PGI actually build in these two special features?

- Target lead indicator
- component targeting

I'm just picturing the displayed Mech with 4 x ER PPC's and built in lead with component targeting. If you thought Clans might be dangerous before, now there down right scary.

9erRed

#58 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:08 PM

Could also set the convergence range to the distance of currently selected enemy mech as opposed to whatever the reticule is over.

#59 GalaxyBluestar

• 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:13 PM

are you really scared of a heat coffin with lowslung arms? also laterall movement of arms will be denied {loss of actuators} for mounting ppcs, gauss and ac's on arms. the computer is going to show a circle that runs away from your reticle more often than not.

but that's just theory crafting, scaremongers carry on.

#60 TELEFORCE

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:21 PM

Liking what I'm seeing so far, but I agree that the Adder and Summoner, and maybe the Warhawk, could use some additional hardpoints. Although those omnimechs will receive additional hardpoints in different omnipods.

Although the Summoner's configurations are pretty simple. IIRC most of the 3050 configs used only 3 weapons.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users