Firestarter Chassis Available For Mc

105 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:50 AM

Posted Image

Firestarter FS9-A   • Tonnage:  35   • Engine:  210 Standard   • Top Speed:  97.2 kph   • Max Engine Rating:  295   • Torso Movement:   • 100 degrees to each side.   • 15 degrees up and down.   • Arm Movement:Armor:  208 (Standard)   • 25 degrees to each side.   • 30 degrees up and down.   • Internal Structure:  Standard   • Weapons & Equipment:   • Left Arm:  Flamer, Medium Laser   • Left Torso:  Small Laser   • Center Laser:  Flamer x2   • Right Torso:  Small Laser   • Right Arm:  Flamer, Medium Laser   • Hardpoints:   • Left Arm:  2 Energy   • Left Torso:  1 Energy   • Center Torso:  2 Energy   • Right Torso:  1 Energy, 1 AMS   • Right Arm:  2 Energy   • Heat Sinks:  10 Single   • Jump Jets:  6 (6 Max)   • ECM Capable?:  No   • Module Slots:  2   • Movement Archetype: Small   Firestarter FS9-H   • Tonnage:  35   • Engine:  210 Standard   • Top Speed:  97.2 kph   • Max Engine Rating:  295   • Torso Movement:   • 100 degrees to each side.   • 15 degrees up and down.   • Arm Movement:Armor:  176 (Standard)   • 25 degrees to each side.   • 30 degrees up and down.   • Internal Structure:  Standard   • Weapons & Equipment:   • Left Arm:  Flamer, Medium Laser   • Left Torso:  Machine Gun   • Center Laser:  Flamer x2   • Right Torso:  Machine Gun   • Right Arm:  Flamer, Medium Laser   • Hardpoints:   • Left Arm:  2 Energy   • Left Torso:  1 Ballistic   • Center Torso:  2 Energy   • Right Torso:  1 Ballistic, 1 AMS   • Right Arm:  2 Energy   • Heat Sinks:  10 Single   • Jump Jets:  6 (6 Max)   • ECM Capable?:  No   • Module Slots:  2   • Movement Archetype: Small

Firestarter FS9-K   • Tonnage:  35   • Engine:  210 Standard   • Top Speed:  97.2 kph   • Max Engine Rating:  295   • Torso Movement:   • 100 degrees to each side.   • 15 degrees up and down.   • Arm Movement:Armor:  176 (Standard)   • 25 degrees to each side.   • 30 degrees up and down.   • Internal Structure:  Standard   • Weapons & Equipment:   • Left Arm:  Small Laser x2   • Center Laser:  Flamer x2   • Right Arm:  Large Laser   • Hardpoints:   • Left Arm:  3 Energy   • Center Torso:  2 Energy   • Right Torso:  1 AMS   • Right Arm:  3 Energy   • Heat Sinks:  10 Single   • Jump Jets:  6 (6 Max)   • ECM Capable?:  No   • Module Slots:  2   • Movement Archetype: Small   Firestarter FS9-S   • Tonnage:  35   • Engine:  210 Standard   • Top Speed:  97.2 kph   • Max Engine Rating:  295   • Torso Movement:   • 100 degrees to each side.   • 15 degrees up and down.   • Arm Movement:Armor:  176 (Standard)   • 25 degrees to each side.   • 30 degrees up and down.   • Internal Structure:  Endo Steel   • Weapons & Equipment:   • Left Arm:  Flamer, Medium Laser   • Left Torso:  AMS, Beagle Active Probe   • Center Laser:  Flamer x2   • Right Torso:  Small Laser   • Right Arm:  Flamer, Medium Laser   • Hardpoints:   • Left Arm:  2 Energy   • Left Torso:  1 AMS   • Center Torso:  2 Energy   • Right Torso:  1 Energy, 1 AMS   • Right Arm:  2 Energy   • Heat Sinks:  10 Single   • Jump Jets:  6 (6 Max)   • ECM Capable?:  No   • Module Slots:  2   • Movement Archetype: Small

#2 SpiralFace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:54 AM

sweet.

I'm interested to see what that 9k does on the field.

6 energy hard points in arms with lower arm actuators and 2 in the chest....

Seems pretty nasty to me.

#3 Iqfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:56 AM

Bought. Lol I'm addicted.

#4 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:59 AM

I guess the FS9-S1 would have obsolesced the Spider...

(it has ECM and JJs, but far more weapons than a Spider)

#5 Morang

• 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Where's goddamn standard artwork? Was Kintaro the last one?

#6 SweetJackal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 968 posts

Was really hoping for the ECM capable S1 variant. Oh well.

#7 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:01 PM

...what map is that?

#8 Magic Murder Bag

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 149 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Naraka and Shinkoku

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:05 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 11 February 2014 - 12:01 PM, said:

...what map is that?

I think it's either Forest Colony, specifically one of the crates scattered near the ship or HPG manifold due to how dark the area is (forest is more grey than it is black).

Edited by Magic Murder Bag, 11 February 2014 - 12:05 PM.

#9 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Oh man, we are going to see these little tykes everywhere. Lets see how they do.

Edited by Will9761, 11 February 2014 - 12:06 PM.

#10 SweetJackal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 968 posts

View PostProsperity Park, on 11 February 2014 - 11:59 AM, said:

I guess the FS9-S1 would have obsolesced the Spider...

(it has ECM and JJs, but far more weapons than a Spider)

I'd argue it wouldn't. The Spider is a good tonnage light option to run wolfpack with Jenners and now Firestarters, a means of adding firepower to the pack without committing a full 35 tons. A Spider won't hold up under fire but the idea there is to have the bigger Lights in the forefront to duck and jive the shots instead.

Same is true to the Locust with Commandos and Ravens.

Problem is that isn't relevant until April with the weight limits hitting the table.

#11 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:09 PM

View PostSuckyJack, on 11 February 2014 - 12:05 PM, said:

I'd argue it wouldn't. The Spider is a good tonnage light option to run wolfpack with Jenners and now Firestarters, a means of adding firepower to the pack without committing a full 35 tons. A Spider won't hold up under fire but the idea there is to have the bigger Lights in the forefront to duck and jive the shots instead.

Same is true to the Locust with Commandos and Ravens.

Problem is that isn't relevant until April with the weight limits hitting the table.

Well, I really think the extra 5 tons to upgrade from a ECM Spider to an ECM Firestarter would have been worth the cost for the 4 additional weapons mounts.

Each ECM Mech has it's strengths and weaknesses: Commando has the most missiles and smallest profile, but is the weakest; Raven has fewer missiles, but weighs the most; Spider is the only ECM Mech with JJ's, but has only 3 weapon mounts total; Atlas is powerful but freaking huge.

The Firestarter S1 would have made the Spider nothing but a weaker, smaller Firestarter. A 5 ton difference in weight, alone, wouldn't be enough of a negative cost to balance the Spider and Firestarter ECM Mechs.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 11 February 2014 - 12:17 PM.

#12 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:13 PM

Move over Jenner-F. There's a new Sheriff in town.

Edited by Jman5, 11 February 2014 - 12:13 PM.

#13 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:14 PM

View PostJman5, on 11 February 2014 - 12:13 PM, said:

Move over Jenner-F

Jenner can shoot over obstacles and out of water - the Firestarter has low arms.

THAT's the difference, there. Do you want more motion, or the ability to shoot over terrain?

#14 Victor Morson

• Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:14 PM

The 9S is going to flat out replace the Jenner. Calling it now.

#15 Deathsani

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:15 PM

So, what does the jenner-f do now? Die better? I really think that a cap on the engine to make it noticably slower than the jenner-f would have been a good idea but I guess we'll see.

#16 Victor Morson

• Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:15 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 11 February 2014 - 12:14 PM, said:

Jenner can shoot over obstacles and out of water - the Firestarter has low arms.

THAT's the difference, there. Do you want more motion, or the ability to shoot over terrain?

Neither. I want twin AMS and an insane number of med & small lasers.

#17 dragnier1

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:17 PM

The many laser hardpoints are great, but it'll be hard to balance heat efficiency against firepower. Especially the very hot maps.

I guess i'll hold off buying this until i can decide what weapons i want on it. My stalkers should keep me busy.

#18 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Are those the same guys who feared the Oxide would be too OP with 6 missile hard points?

#19 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

View PostProsperity Park, on 11 February 2014 - 12:14 PM, said:

The FS9 can take 1-2 more hits than the entirely-a-CT JR7.

View PostVictor Morson, on 11 February 2014 - 12:14 PM, said:

The 9S is going to flat out replace the Jenner. Calling it now.

^This. Except for the JR7-D with two SSRMs. But weep for the JR7-F.

#20 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:20 PM

View PostTerciel1976, on 11 February 2014 - 12:17 PM, said:

...weep for the JR7-F.

Actually, it' time to give the Jenner-F an other module slot to make it balanced. We are past the time where ML Jenners ruled the field, and we no longer need to penalize the Jenner-F in the face of other ML Boats.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users