#1 Hex Pallett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:01 AM

(by 1K I do mean 1P. GAWD I'm so excited XD)

Twin MLas, twin Artemis SRM6, and an AC20. With 12 DHS just enough to balance the heat.

What else could one ask for.

Edited by Helmstif, 03 September 2013 - 11:38 AM.

#2 Sh4dow78

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 234 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:19 AM

i can ask if u can spare me some MC ... :ph34r:

Each variant of this mech looks amazing to me... just like a brawler dream mech :wub:

Edited by Scarface1978, 03 September 2013 - 11:35 AM.

#3 Raso

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:30 AM

I really want to browse the new Orion mechs but then I'd have to spend MC on a new mechbay to see if I want to spend that money on the new mech bay in the first place.

Is Smurphy's updated yet? I've been refreshing like crazy to no avail.

#4 qki

• 1,034 posts
  • LocationWarsaw

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:34 AM

a way to stick FF and ES on a dual uac5 with twin ML/A4SRM4 without being left with half a ton and zero slots :wub:

#5 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:35 AM

So... basically a victor without jump jets?

#6 Raso

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:45 AM

Ok, Smurphy's is updated. So far the K and VA are my favorites. The others look like a chore to pilot to get elites for the first 2.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f3bd0e312455343
Taking Advantage of the SRM2 buff.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...571be0c7bce5566
Using all of the slots.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...585c72c4caa7e91
And here's one that looks fun.

#7 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:57 AM

$28 bucks for a single Mech...?!

Ummm, no thanks. That's too much for one digital asset in a game.

Edited by Appogee, 03 September 2013 - 11:58 AM.

#8 mack sabbath

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:59 AM

Here's my stock engine brawler.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...73333f7e0c522d4

#9 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:30 PM

the ON1-VA is actually pretty interesting, giving it some interesting abilities with SRMs.

ON1-VA

Though watching dave on NGNGtv play a protector I dont know how well it will do as a brawler, it has a catapults cockpit.

#10 Xione87

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 117 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:38 PM

I'm curious what the VA gets to compensate for the missing 15-tube launcher AND the extra ballistic slot compared to the V, it seems like the weakest variant on paper.

#11 Raso

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:56 PM

View PostXione87, on 03 September 2013 - 02:38 PM, said:

I'm curious what the VA gets to compensate for the missing 15-tube launcher AND the extra ballistic slot compared to the V, it seems like the weakest variant on paper.

It gets additional hard points in the arm. Useful for either quad SSRMs or SRM2s now that they have a buff to refire.

#12 Silent Hunter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 137 posts
  • LocationWherever I am needed the most.

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:02 PM

Ahhh. A mech with its' own theme tune :)

#13 Xione87

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 117 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:04 PM

View PostRaso, on 03 September 2013 - 02:56 PM, said:

It gets additional hard points in the arm. Useful for either quad SSRMs or SRM2s now that they have a buff to refire.

Huh... I totally missed that...

#14 Here5y

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 377 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:16 PM

View PostRaso, on 03 September 2013 - 02:56 PM, said:

I like , but cannot afford and I´m in need for more CBills and more Medium and Light Mechs although :-(. Why does PGI do THIS ?... Cruel and dark destiny

:)

#15 Royalewithcheese

• 2,342 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:56 PM

The Orion will be amazing if the hitboxes are good. Unfortunately early reviews for the CT do not appear to be positive...

EDIT: shot some Orions, first impressions are hitboxes are fine. The mech itself is short enough for a 75 tonner that it's okay.

Edited by Royalewithcheese, 03 September 2013 - 04:49 PM.

#16 Raso

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:02 PM

View PostPlizzken, on 03 September 2013 - 03:16 PM, said:

I like , but cannot afford and I´m in need for more CBills and more Medium and Light Mechs although :-(. Why does PGI do THIS ?... Cruel and dark destiny

<_<

I just started on Victors due to the Trial Mech sale so I'll use that as an excuse to focus on the Orion later. Plus from what I can tell many Victor load outs will work on an Orion with minimal modifications but with a smaller engine size....

Case and point

Victor

Orion

And if I went down to SSRMs or SRM2s on my Victor I could ad a JJ so while I am super excited about the Orion I'm not going to lose any sleep over not having one just yet.

Edited by Raso, 03 September 2013 - 05:09 PM.

#17 Onis4242

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:11 PM

I've gone to sniping/long-ish range with my new Orion. Sadly, I've found that the CT on this thing is HUGE, seems worse than the Kintaro was unfortunately. I didn't have too many problems with the Kintaro, as it was fast enough with an XL300 to move away from the damage effectively enough, but the Orion is just a tad too slow to make up for the reaaaally big and squishy CT.

I can have a decent match if I play "hide behind my team and maybe shoot once in a while", but that isn't the role I had in mind for the Orion. I think I may try it out with a larger XL engine later on and see if that helps with regard to avoiding some damage, but currently it just seems a bit too vulnerable to warrant it.

I do love the hardpoints on it, feels like a slimmer but taller Cataphract, but that center torso is just painful currently. I haven't noticed my side torsos going out at all, just center, so I think an XL is viable. I'm thinking fire and move weapons are pretty much vital for this due to the lack of durability. Something like srm 6 x2, AC 20, med lasers/single large pulse perhaps.

We'll see what the verdict is soon enough, but I haven't had a great time with it so far, sad Onis =(

#18 Saiyajin12

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 115 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:20 PM

View PostOnis4242, on 03 September 2013 - 06:11 PM, said:

I've gone to sniping/long-ish range with my new Orion. Sadly, I've found that the CT on this thing is HUGE, seems worse than the Kintaro was unfortunately. I didn't have too many problems with the Kintaro, as it was fast enough with an XL300 to move away from the damage effectively enough, but the Orion is just a tad too slow to make up for the reaaaally big and squishy CT.

I can have a decent match if I play "hide behind my team and maybe shoot once in a while", but that isn't the role I had in mind for the Orion. I think I may try it out with a larger XL engine later on and see if that helps with regard to avoiding some damage, but currently it just seems a bit too vulnerable to warrant it.

I do love the hardpoints on it, feels like a slimmer but taller Cataphract, but that center torso is just painful currently. I haven't noticed my side torsos going out at all, just center, so I think an XL is viable. I'm thinking fire and move weapons are pretty much vital for this due to the lack of durability. Something like srm 6 x2, AC 20, med lasers/single large pulse perhaps.

We'll see what the verdict is soon enough, but I haven't had a great time with it so far, sad Onis =(

Yeah have same issue with the large CT, it dies really quick it feels like. Played 4 games so far with different loadouts, had one good game only, running st300, 3 large lasers and an AC10. Haven't experimented with an xl engine yet, but it should be viable considering how frickin' huge the CT is... downside is you can't fit an AC20 in it anymore with xl I guess, but I'm not running that atm.

Still, Protector looked too much like Omega Supreme (from transformers for those who don't know) for me not to get one <_<

#19 ManDaisy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationKing Of Flower Beds

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:25 PM

Urgh... so big center torso syndrome eh? I guess I'll wait for the trials varients.

#20 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:45 PM

Also, if Smurfy is correct on the ON1-K's hardpoints (especially with regard to the two energy hardpoints per arm), it is essentially a humanoid MAD-3R... <_<

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users