Russ Bullock taking questions on Founders now.

948 replies to this topic

#141 Karpuze

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:26 AM

View Postlogicaltightrope, on 19 June 2012 - 10:20 AM, said:

If I buy an elite package and wish to upgrade to Lenendary, can I do that? Will I have to pay the full $120 or the $60 difference?

Just did this myself and only had to pay 60$ more.

#142 Project_Mercy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 430 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:27 AM

View Postkarmicthreat, on 19 June 2012 - 10:16 AM, said:

I specifically didn't give you guys 120$ as opposed to 60$ specifically because 4 founders mechs really won't make much difference in the end game territory control part of the game. It feels like a rip off because you haven't even hit parity with the perceived value of the tier below it. For my 120$ you should be getting a minimum of 120$ in IGC and an extra month of premium. The extra mechs and tag are really only superfluous extras for many people.

Well, I view it a bit more like a Kickstarter. From a pure $->Donuts perspective, it's not equitable. If you look at it that you're giving them some extra currency and they're giving you a shout-out; it makes sense.

I would have given them $120 without much heartburn, but instead their store took $240 from me and gave me nothing. I'm hoping that gets worked out eventually though.

#143 Vashts1985

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

i got a question on founders:

does my founders tag make me look fat?

also, in what format will our names be listed in the credits?

real name, callsign, or real "callsign" name

#144 TadPrime

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationOviedo, FL

View PostRuss Bullock, on 19 June 2012 - 10:14 AM, said:

Anyone who buys a Founders Package whether Elite or legendary will still have 4 empty mech bay slots on top of the Mech's they get with Founders.

Ah very good to know... Might want to add that little nuance to the "4 Mechs" Tooltip (and the elite one assuming their Founder Mech also goes into a bonus garage slot).

#145 Fencer

• PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationMaryland

What is a PRIME variant? We currently do not have an explaination of it. That would clear up a lot of the variant questions. You make it sound very important, but we have nothing to judge it with.

#146 Lord Exalted

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 74 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:28 AM

I assume that legendary founders get first pick on beta keys then elite then veteran correct? Also well done guys i see so many legendary packs bought i feel bad for only going elite XD

#147 L Eliminateur

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:28 AM

How will the progression from early access beta to open beta and then to "production" affect the ingame assets of the founders package(specially c-bills)?.
Will the game be "soft/hard wiped" on release thus losing all techs and XP?(except the founders mechs themselves)

because all i see is that premium gets activated on open beta

#148 Sam Slade

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,370 posts
  • LocationMega city 1

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:29 AM

will there be an option to suspend premiu accounts... very customer friendly

#149 wwiiogre

• 1,281 posts
  • LocationNorth Idaho

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:29 AM

Since Legendary was not announced, I only set aside $60 since I am on a limited budget. So I bought that package. So on payday in two weeks can I upgrade to Legendary?

Chris

#150 Warmageddon

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationBrazhell

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:30 AM

Do the founder packs have access to beta? or only early access on the 7th of august?

#151 Drewface

• Pip
  • 11 posts

If it is determined for some reason that you can get all founders in before aug 7th lets say like aug 5th or something would you let everyone into the closed beta early for any reason like that?

#152 wwiiogre

• 1,281 posts
  • LocationNorth Idaho

Also, can I buy a package as a gift for someone else?

Chris

#153 Blu C

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 46 posts
  • LocationIndiana, US

Couple questions (not sure if they have been asked yet):

Q1: What sort of numbers are you getting for the 3 different tiers? Which is the most popular, which is the least? And what is the % breakdown and all that.

Q2: Are you going to be letting us know how much you made from this 'preorder' deal? It would be interesting to know how much support the community ended up giving.

Q3: Noticed things went down for a little bit. Was the response stronger than you were expecting?

#154 Gaigebacca

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:31 AM

Will the ingame currency system work similar to Blacklight: Retribution? Where you can rent equipment for a certain time frame, or pay a much higher cost to own it permanently? How far will the real cash currency take us as far as permanently owned equipment/mechs in game? Also, will real cash be the only way to buy items permanently, and earned c-bills can only be used to rent items?

#155 fatcat01

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:32 AM

Can you tell us which questions you can't answer?

#156 John Clavell

• 1,609 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:32 AM

View Postkarmicthreat, on 19 June 2012 - 10:16 AM, said:

I specifically didn't give you guys 120$ as opposed to 60$ specifically because 4 founders mechs really won't make much difference in the end game territory control part of the game. It feels like a rip off because you haven't even hit parity with the perceived value of the tier below it. For my 120$ you should be getting a minimum of 120$ in IGC and an extra month of premium. The extra mechs and tag are really only superfluous extras for many people.

Your kidding me? Your moaning about this from your 'Founder Legendary' account o_O ***?

#157 cipher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationState College, PA

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:33 AM

Russ,

Can you go into more details about our names listed in the MWO Legends credits for those who bought Legendary?

All of my other questions were answered thanks to the awesome communication here. :angry:

#158 Tuonela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • LocationNew York

If I pick an elite pack with a Jenner, do I get more cash in comparison to picking an Atlas? An atlas is way more expensive, therefore the people who pick that are actually getting more for their money and I'm getting screwed by sticking to my light role.

#159 Joe Kid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 205 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

The Founders' Mech C-Bill booster info was on the e-mail pamphlet 25%. I haven't seen it on the forum site anywhere except the e-mail pamphlet. Oh and Payment accepted Yeah.

#160 Tremor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • LocationUnknown

will there ever be anything in the future that effects or benefits only the Legendary Founders?

I am kind of a huge MechWarrior fan, but I don't really see much value in the jump from Elite to Legendary, at least for me. I just want to make sure I am not missing out on anything in the future that isn't already made clear. Thank you.

36 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 36 guests, 0 anonymous users