Russ Bullock taking questions on Founders now.

948 replies to this topic

#181 zencynic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:46 AM

As Verminaard said, much of this info is available at

1Pm post: http://mwomercs.com/...age-on-sale-now
founders deals: http://mwomercs.com/founders/

Additionally, check your e-mail account associated with this website. You will find more info, including which models are 'prime'. Look them up on sarna.net if you need more info. Oh good, was able to upload and share, here...
Posted Image

#182 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:46 AM

View PostManDaisy, on 19 June 2012 - 10:41 AM, said:

What are the "prime" hardpoints/ or the founders mechs hardpoints? We've seen the catapults hardpoints and hunchback's hardpoints by what about the jenner or atlas?

View PostManDaisy, on 19 June 2012 - 10:41 AM, said:

What are the "prime" hardpoints/ or the founders mechs hardpoints? We've seen the catapults hardpoints and hunchback's hardpoints by what about the jenner or atlas?

I wont specify the exact number of number of hard points per area of the mech as that can and will change with balancing.

However as to the Jenner you have beam hard points on the arms of course and missile hard points on the center torso

Atlas 7D has - sorry going to get lazy here since I am getting so behind...check sarna it is the same as the AS7D variant...there will be ballistic, missile and beam hard points on that Atlas

#183 FLAKPANZER

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 164 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:47 AM

Having all four mechs with the Founders Legendary package, how many open slots will you have left in the mech garage for additional mechs?

#184 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:48 AM

View Postdarkrei9n, on 19 June 2012 - 10:44 AM, said:

Will this go on until at least July Fifteenth?

I will risk saying yes to this

#185 P mar

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5 posts

Three things.

Can a prime chassis be upgraded, for example and Atlas AS7-D into a AS7-K, i would love to keep that founders paint job for a long time.

also

Does any of our beta progress carry into game launch or is everything wiped before launch.

and

Does matchmaking allow for, incentivise, or enforce weight class diversity in any way. IE is it possible for an 8 vs 8 match to end up 8 Assault vs Light?

Edited by P mar, 19 June 2012 - 10:49 AM.

#186 GoriKarafong

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationGermany

Does this mean no Progressionwhip after August 7th?

I understand, that we will be able to start playing with early access and we will have the 40$/80$ available right away. So will we be able to spend the MCs? If so they wont be lost as there will be no wipe of XP, Progression, Cbills, etc even if it is still called a closed beta?

Thank you for you patience in answering all those questions. Keep up the good work. And sorry I am no native speaker.

#187 Xantars

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 477 posts
  • LocationSome were in house Stiner Space

So Russ what is the jump distance of an unladen kurita jenner compaired to a fully laiden davion Jenner ( lol just had to do that )

My question is this Can a founders mech be sold. i wouldnt want to acidently Sell it thinking it was one of my other mechs i wanted to dump

#188 PapaSmith80

Rookie

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 4 posts
  • LocationMaine

is there going to be an option to be able to upgrade from elite founder to legendary founder for another sixty dollars, or would it still cost the the full amount of legendary?

#189 Armageddon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:49 AM

I just bought my Elite. I am very excited. Thank you Russ for taking questions.

May I ask why you did not announce the Legendary earlier? I am on a fixed income budget and had I known there would be a $120 version I would have budgeted differently.

Again, thank you.

#190 cipher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationState College, PA

View PostTeageltron, on 19 June 2012 - 10:45 AM, said:

Founders mechs have a 25% cbill booster on them, As time goes on is there a chance that the company says that it's to powerfull and changes it to a less amount?

I would seriously doubt that. Let's say you earn a total of two billion C-bills at some future point. Would it really be overpowered to have 2.5 billion vs. 2 billion? Probably not.

Getting a unique item/mech that's more powerful and that no one else could get unless they spent money may be OP, but never stuff to help you gain money/xp over time.

#191 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

View PostTeageltron, on 19 June 2012 - 10:45 AM, said:

Founders mechs have a 25% cbill booster on them, As time goes on is there a chance that the company says that it's to powerfull and changes it to a less amount?

No this won't happen

#192 Fle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • LocationDieron, Fort Winston

- would I recieve extra c-b and xp for cripling premium mechs?

- would I be able to turn off\on all founder markings on forum and in-game, but still use prem mech?

#193 Teageltron

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:50 AM

View PostFLAKPANZER, on 19 June 2012 - 10:47 AM, said:

Having all four mechs with the Founders Legendary package, how many open slots will you have left in the mech garage for additional mechs?

He already answered this.

#194 Hot Rod

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:52 AM

gday ladies! i took the oportunity to join the lyran scouts!

russ, im just curious, when do i finally get the chance for an 1on1 with u besides after august the 7th?

want to kick a purple mech with a legend...

#195 Kenshar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:52 AM

2 questions as one got skipped over.

1. My account says it is being charged twice... Will this be fixed?
2. It was stated earlier that beta invites after this will show a preference for founders members. Do Legendary members have even better odds out of these?

#196 ManiacMachine84

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:53 AM

Just wanted to thank you Russ for taking the time to do this for us. We all greatly appreciate you answering these questions......over.......and over.......and over......... :angry:

#197 TheSassySquatch

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 177 posts
  • LocationBoulder, CO

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:53 AM

View Postgregsolidus, on 19 June 2012 - 10:04 AM, said:

Will you be using or forum names or real names for the Legendary credit?

I would love to know this gentlemen's question as well.

#198 darkrei9n

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:54 AM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 19 June 2012 - 10:46 AM, said:

I wont specify the exact number of number of hard points per area of the mech as that can and will change with balancing.

However as to the Jenner you have beam hard points on the arms of course and missile hard points on the center torso

Atlas 7D has - sorry going to get lazy here since I am getting so behind...check sarna it is the same as the AS7D variant...there will be ballistic, missile and beam hard points on that Atlas

Doesn't the Jenner's missile hard point depend on the variant?

#199 BlindProphet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 228 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:55 AM

Will there be a wipe from closed beta to open or open beta to release?

My reason for asking is you state the following

"For in-game currency, Founders’ accounts will be credited beginning August 7th with a non-refundable amount of in-game currency equivalent to the retail cost set out in each package above ($40 value for VETERAN Founders, $80 value for LEGENDARY and ELITE Founders)..."

So does that mean you're not going to wipe? You are and we'll get re-credited? You will wipe and we'll be SOL?

#200 William Petersen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:55 AM

View PostArmageddon, on 19 June 2012 - 10:49 AM, said:

I just bought my Elite. I am very excited. Thank you Russ for taking questions.

May I ask why you did not announce the Legendary earlier? I am on a fixed income budget and had I known there would be a $120 version I would have budgeted differently.

Again, thank you.

Probably because it was unplanned. They made the initial announcement and were overwhelmed by the "ZOMG I WANT ALL THE MECHS!" response, so they included an option for that.

19 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 19 guests, 0 anonymous users