Russ Bullock taking questions on Founders now.

948 replies to this topic

#541 Aaron Steiner

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationHouston TX

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:34 PM

What will the monthly cost for premium membership be? Will the game itself be free to download?

#542 TronHarkon

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationnear the rim but closer to the center

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:35 PM

thanks or all the info russ

#543 Talon Pryde

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 14 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:40 PM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 19 June 2012 - 11:53 AM, said:

Currently let's say that the premium accounts start ticking At Open beta but we will be discussing internally changing this to a method that might give more flexibility as to when it is turned on...no promises yet.

The mech bays are as you say above.

I don't know on name capitalization

There is a post in the forums on fixing the capitalization of your name, it's a one time deal, I did it myself.

#544 myskillandmygun

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:43 PM

I need help but can't find anywhere for tech support. I first tried purchasing legendary through Paypal, it SAID regected, so I went to debit card, SAID failed there too. Checked bank, pending 120 (debit), checked email, pending 120 (paypal). Could someone please point me in the right direction to get this fixed?

btw, I didn't receive anything for either purchase

#545 Zarrin

• PipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:44 PM

I am now a produe owner of a founders pack I think from what I have been reading it will be a great deal and it will be hightly intresting to get my hands on the mech's

What I am wondering is though will we beable to give them custom pain jobs?

#546 AC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:45 PM

One question I did not see answered is if someone can buy two of a package to stack them. (Speaking Vetran and Elite)

Why would you do this? Some of us are more interested in the premium account and the in game currency than the mechs. Two elite packages have a LOT more value to us than a legendary package.

#547 Hothnogg

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:45 PM

Thanks for the answer

#548 Bogsveigir

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 82 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:48 PM

View PostFencer, on 19 June 2012 - 10:27 AM, said:

What is a PRIME variant? We currently do not have an explaination of it. That would clear up a lot of the variant questions. You make it sound very important, but we have nothing to judge it with.

Fencer, The term 'Prime Variant" means the "standard" mech configuration. For example, at the BattleTech Wiki, for the Hunchback, the Prime is listed on the right, under the picture of the mech. The other variants are listed down in the text, along with their model numbers.

Sarna.net is a great resource if you weren't weened on the Tabletop game.

#549 kaadu

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:15 PM

If I buy one of these founders packs. Can I disable the forums icon?

#550 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:37 PM

Greetings Russ, and congradulations on this successful "Founders day launch".
- No questions yet as most have already been answered.

9erRed

#551 Bishop Warrior

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 31 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:41 PM

im australian and was wondering if the package was account bound or region bound? i don't want to buy it and be stuck lagging on US servers.

#552 Terrapun

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:48 PM

A question regarding founder tags, both on the forum and in-game.

Will there be an option of hiding them?

I'd feel kind of silly with such a tag permanently attached, like I was showing off. Plus I'm afraid it will be a “Please shoot me first!” tag, in-game.

#553 Schlifer

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:54 PM

Thank you for the answers Russ got a lot explained!

#554 Chal

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:56 PM

Packages need MC per month per tier.

The sub model needs to be the ultimate and the highest perks available as this is constant revenue.

The Legendary package is not close to legendary for the price. My legendary is listed below, nothing is game breaking.

1k MC a month
Unlimited mechbays
Unlimited paint and customization
4 mechs of MY choosing
Drop ship

Now thats legendary. Right now i cannot justify spending 120 buckies on that top tier.

#555 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:14 PM

View PostWhiteTigger, on 19 June 2012 - 02:22 PM, said:

I am a bit disappointed that this question didn't get answered. I'm wondering if it's comparable to a World of Tanks Silver vs Gold. Is there only C-Bills, and as such we could earn the $40-$80 worth of cash by playing our 'mechs, or are we going to have to spend RL money every time we go to buy a new 'mech?

Also: Are there ever going to be other "Founder" 'mechs? If so, will legendary Founders get them automagically? Or will they have to buy them?

There is Mechwarrior Credits (like gold in WoT) so my guess is thats what you get your $80 worth in.
I dont know if there are going to be other mechs for sale with the same C-bill bonus but you can be sure that Founders will not get the new ones automatically.

View PostUnLimiTeD, on 19 June 2012 - 02:40 PM, said:

Thanks for the mashup up all answers!
I'll buy Elite if I can move the account completely to europe afterwards; as far as I understood it, "Inception Assets" is mainly that mech.
Sure I keep my Currency, but I want to keep the mech, as well.
Though I'm not sure I'll get one at all, because I have NO IDEA how they play.
If I can't switch after a day of testing, I might rather not get one so atleast I don't have the nagging feeling another one might be better.
Or maybe greed gets the better of me, let's see.

You will keep everything when you migrate from the NA server to the European.

#556 kelmar6821

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 72 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:19 PM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 19 June 2012 - 11:53 AM, said:

Currently let's say that the premium accounts start ticking At Open beta but we will be discussing internally changing this to a method that might give more flexibility as to when it is turned on...no promises yet.

The mech bays are as you say above.

I don't know on name capitalization

In most of the open betas i've participated in there is usually a wipe before release. If premium starts during open beta and there is a wipe, that literaly wastes part of the founders package. Are yall planning not to wipe between open beta and release?

#557 Raptor8009

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 148 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, Tn

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:20 PM

Purchased thank you very much.

#558 Tymanthius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge, LA

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:21 PM

View Postkelmar6821, on 19 June 2012 - 05:19 PM, said:

In most of the open betas i've participated in there is usually a wipe before release. If premium starts during open beta and there is a wipe, that literaly wastes part of the founders package. Are yall planning not to wipe between open beta and release?

They have repeatedly stated there will be no wipes after Founders are allowed to log in. There will be a wipe (IIRC) between Beta 2 & Founders log in.

#559 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:22 PM

View Postkelmar6821, on 19 June 2012 - 05:19 PM, said:

They have already stated several times that there will be no wipe after the Founder package early access starts. That should now be aug 7th.

#560 Huru MorDae

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:24 PM

I purchased a founders pack via paypal, and got the confirmation email, but the transaction is listed as declined by the buyer. I can not try to purchase a founders pack again because it says I already own it. So the question is did I really buy a founders pack or not?

50 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 50 guests, 0 anonymous users