Russ Bullock taking questions on Founders now.

948 replies to this topic

#561 Hyzoran

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 153 posts
  • LocationCohoes, NY

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:27 PM

When does Founders sale end?

Also, you guys are awesome may you lead us Mechwarrior fans into salvation.

Only have $40 availible atm am saving up $60 for Elite. (Gotta keep up my lawn mowing, lol) I would get Legendary if it offered a bit more than it does. It would be great to have my name in the credits though ;.;

#562 The Vogfather

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 54 posts
  • Locationin a server room somewhere in Comcast controlling your Internets.

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:29 PM

View PostGaussDragon, on 19 June 2012 - 09:27 AM, said:

What exactly is a "premium account" and what does it get you?

i would like to know this as well.

#563 The Crow2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 156 posts
  • LocationAustralia Mate !

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:32 PM

View Postfluffycommunist, on 19 June 2012 - 09:56 AM, said:

I don't mean to steal a question away but somehow my name didn't capitalize correctly. Will there be any way in the future to modify this name since it makes me look dumb?

+1 I want to know this too, Kyle Polulak had a thread up for us to post our correct capitalised names in so they could be fixed but it was since deleted ?

http://mwomercs.com/...capitalization/

Theres quite a few of us who had our names changed by the system when we registered early.

#564 Skellar

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:49 PM

i would have liked to see legendary get more in game credits

#565 Heldar1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 137 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:51 PM

View PostChal, on 19 June 2012 - 04:56 PM, said:

Packages need MC per month per tier.

The sub model needs to be the ultimate and the highest perks available as this is constant revenue.

The Legendary package is not close to legendary for the price. My legendary is listed below, nothing is game breaking.

1k MC a month
Unlimited mechbays
Unlimited paint and customization
4 mechs of MY choosing
Drop ship

Now thats legendary. Right now i cannot justify spending 120 buckies on that top tier.

Then don't. People have spent much more for much less on other games "enhanced editions".

I plan on getting the Legendary pack within the week tho :P

and no questions, all of mine have been answered already

#566 Xaks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • LocationFlorida-ish

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:52 PM

So, lemme get this right:

I buy a Founder's Pack and get the founder's mech. Plus I get premium account for a couple months, netting the 175 c-bills per 100 earned as noted above...while I'm driving the founders mech.

If I purchase a commando and drive it, I'd still accrue the premium account bonus, but not the founder mech bonus...so for those missions I ran 'while commando' I'd get 150 per 100, right?

then, after the 'premium' time expired, I'd be getting 100 per 100 'going commando', while getting 125 per 100 while in the founder's mech, right?

That about right?

I'd also like to know about how the legendary names with bee included....not a deal-breaker or anything, but in what format, and it the name capitalizable, will it be 'handle' like a middle name, or what?

(Thanks again PGI, I can't wait!)

EDITED to add:

According to this fantastic page (http://mwomercs.com/...ch-a-short-faq/), my first question is answered, and I had it right.

Would still like to hear the answer to the last question though :P

Edited by Xaks, 19 June 2012 - 06:08 PM.

#567 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:14 PM

Premium account gets you a +50% XP and C-bill increase.

If you interpret what Russ said you could expect the cost of a premium account to be around $10 per month.

Also they said that the names format for the credits would likely be: RL first name "pilot name" RL surname.

Edited by Carl Wrede, 19 June 2012 - 06:16 PM.

#568 rarafungi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:29 PM

I can upgrade my account to the "Elite", but keep tag "Veteran"?

#569 AirPlaneManTrain

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:30 PM

What would you do for a klondke bar.

#570 firefox117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:31 PM

Ive been trying to buy this game now for 8 hours now, and no luck. Paypal keeps declining, and when I enter my credit cards they come back declined too.

Does anyone else have this problem, and is there a way to solve it? Heck, Ill mail in a check if I have to. Please help. Thanks.

#571 Tymanthius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge, LA

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:33 PM

View Postfirefox117, on 19 June 2012 - 06:31 PM, said:

Ive been trying to buy this game now for 8 hours now, and no luck. Paypal keeps declining, and when I enter my credit cards they come back declined too.

Does anyone else have this problem, and is there a way to solve it? Heck, Ill mail in a check if I have to. Please help. Thanks.

Give me your credit card info. :P

All kidding aside, have you taken a look at the thread about double charges & other issues that's just under (maybe over) this one in the general forum?

#572 Xaks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • LocationFlorida-ish

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:43 PM

View PostCarl Wrede, on 19 June 2012 - 06:14 PM, said:

Also they said that the names format for the credits would likely be: RL first name "pilot name" RL surname.

Ah, I must have missed that one. Have a link, perchance?

(Not calling you a liar, just wanting the post in question)

Thanks, mate.

#573 Faolan

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 31 posts
  • LocationTaswegia

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:54 PM

Russ, I have to say that while I overall love this, I'm incredibly DISAPPOINTED that our X months of premium start doing beta. It seems a bit, well, stupid, to me that we're losing a chunk of our pre-order value on the beta premium, given that nothing carries over... unless you're going to make an exception for the Founders and either give us that extra premium time back after launch OR let us carry over our work.

#574 Gaussguy

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:57 PM

View PostFaolan, on 19 June 2012 - 06:54 PM, said:

Russ, I have to say that while I overall love this, I'm incredibly DISAPPOINTED that our X months of premium start doing beta. It seems a bit, well, stupid, to me that we're losing a chunk of our pre-order value on the beta premium, given that nothing carries over... unless you're going to make an exception for the Founders and either give us that extra premium time back after launch OR let us carry over our work.

Um its already been stated several times that there will be no wipe after the Aug 7 Founders early access. So all of your work will be carried over to live.

#575 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:02 PM

View PostXaks, on 19 June 2012 - 06:43 PM, said:

Ah, I must have missed that one. Have a link, perchance?

(Not calling you a liar, just wanting the post in question)

Thanks, mate.

Its earlier in this very thread, here is the relevant quotes:

View PostRuss Bullock, on 19 June 2012 - 11:27 AM, said:

On credits

You get your name in the game credits andther will be an option in the from end somewhere to display them

We expect to put your real name in the credits but also hope to include our pilot name in there as well

View PostGarth Erlam, on 19 June 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

For the credits, I suggest something like:

Chad 'McDoomswinger' Holmes

Edited by Carl Wrede, 19 June 2012 - 07:03 PM.

#576 Xaks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • LocationFlorida-ish

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:04 PM

View PostCarl Wrede, on 19 June 2012 - 07:02 PM, said:

Its earlier in this very thread, here is the relevant quotes:

You da man.

*place brofist here*

#577 Dark Severance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,151 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:09 PM

View PostFaolan, on 19 June 2012 - 06:54 PM, said:

Is there somewhere that says Premium months will start counting down during beta that I missed somewhere?

It does say a Founder pack gets you early access to Close Beta Phase 2 starting Aug 7th. Open Beta is supposed to start sometime in summer of 2012. Then the game 'Launches' and it becomes live, that is when Premium should be starting at that point since it is advertised as "Three-month premium account to MechWarrior Online at launch" and Beta either closed or open is not a 'Launch'.

Edited by Dark Severance, 19 June 2012 - 07:10 PM.

#578 daniel castelo

• PipPipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 59 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:12 PM

RUSS,

Are you related to SANDRA BULLOCK ???

#579 Faolan

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 31 posts
  • LocationTaswegia

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:13 PM

View PostGaussguy, on 19 June 2012 - 06:57 PM, said:

Um its already been stated several times that there will be no wipe after the Aug 7 Founders early access. So all of your work will be carried over to live.

My apologies then, after about Page 7 the server wasn't loading later pages properly, and I felt it worth a mention. The only mentions of no wipes in other threads that I've seen were all player statements, not "Official" statements, which are worth less than the digital ink they're written in.

View PostDark Severance, on 19 June 2012 - 07:09 PM, said:

Is there somewhere that says Premium months will start counting down during beta that I missed somewhere?

It does say a Founder pack gets you early access to Close Beta Phase 2 starting Aug 7th. Open Beta is supposed to start sometime in summer of 2012. Then the game 'Launches' and it becomes live, that is when Premium should be starting at that point since it is advertised as "Three-month premium account to MechWarrior Online at launch" and Beta either closed or open is not a 'Launch'.

It says on the email they sent out a few hours ago announcing the sale starting. "Premium accounts will become active at the start of Open Beta", followed by an explanation about what Premium means in terms of C-bills and xp.

Edited by Faolan, 19 June 2012 - 07:16 PM.

#580 SnowDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 476 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland, Australia

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:15 PM

Will you still be issuing the random access closed beta keys to those who have bought founders?

48 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 48 guests, 0 anonymous users