Russ Bullock taking questions on Founders now.

948 replies to this topic

#621 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:04 PM

Simple but important question:
What is the starting date of the Premium Account?
Case 1: it is the start day of the early access
Case 2: the first moment you are loged in to the client

example i'm temporal in August and September not available - would i have bought the third of the Elite package for naught?
Ah should read the complete announcement - premium start with the date of the early access - its a pity.

Second Question: Sry

can i disable the forum tag?

Edited by Karl Streiger, 19 June 2012 - 11:24 PM.

#622 Suichimo

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:33 PM

Sorry if this has been asked before, don't really want to read through 32 pages, but a friend and I were wondering.

What name are you going to use in the credits for those who purchased the Legendary pack? Is it going to be our actual name or our username?

#623 WalkingDeathBot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 459 posts
  • LocationLooking for Paul so as to troll him

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:38 PM

View PostKittygrinder, on 19 June 2012 - 12:19 PM, said:

How many have sold so far?

Looks like about 16,000 plus going by peoples founders numbers...and counting that is

#624 LctRoyFokker

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationEverett,Wa

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:42 PM

First off, Thanks for the email. But I'm wondering how long do I have to buy a package? I'm working on building a new computer to play the game at its recommended specs.

I was looking on newegg.com for the parts, I didnt the GeForce GTX 285. I found GForce GTX 460.

One more thing. C-Bills, will we be able to earn them through game play or are we going to need to buy them, and how much will they cost?

Thanks for Looking :)

#625 MaksKiller

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 11 posts
  • LocationRussia, Novosibirsk

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:43 PM

turns out that those who bought the legendary pack will be the first in the lists of those who take part in the beta test games?. and will also depend on whether you made ​​when you purchase a package, because I have a bad feeling since I bought it recently and it seems to me that I can not get into the beta test. and another question, which gives us a package legindarny founder?

#626 Draco Argentum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:23 AM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 19 June 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

For the credits, I suggest something like:

Chad 'McDoomswinger' Holmes

Any chance we can opt out of the being in the credits thing?

#627 fenderbender

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:26 AM

Several questions, sorry if already asked:

- How long will the package be on sale?
- When are we getting access to the game with the package and when will it be open to the public? (Worried that there might be too little time inbetween)
- What are we going to buy with the ingame currency we get? Boosters? Skins? ... More info on monetarization please as this is crucial for a f2p game /imho, especially for throwing money at it before launch.
- Is there some kind of premium ammunition like in WoT? Or other "premium" equipment you can only get with "real money currency"?
- Whats the difference between the normal mechs and the founder variants?
- The "Premium account" we get on launch, would it be possible to select when to use it? It would kinda suck if MWO is released in a "real lufe busy" week and you cannot benefit much from it.
- Is there a way to obtain "premium mechs" like the founder ones on a later date and if so how much will they cost? Roughly. So will we be able to buy one or more with the elite package?
- If founder mechs don't take garage slots, if a buy a "premium mech" later (if there is such a thing) will they take up garage sots?

Last but not least: could someone please collect questions and answers somewhere so people like me don't ask the same stuff over and over again? :D

Edited by fenderbender, 20 June 2012 - 12:35 AM.

#628 HeadWar

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 48 posts
  • LocationGothenburg, Sweden

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:42 AM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 19 June 2012 - 09:55 AM, said:

10$ a month on premium accounts and around 15$ value at least on the Founders Mech's which is 170$ value for the 120$

So for the extra $60 for the Legendary package (compared to Elite) you get $55 worth of mechs and premium. Good deal!

(Just saying. I'll probably get it anyway.)

#629 Magnificent Bastard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:28 AM

I don't think this has been addressed anywhere (sorry if it has):

Will founder's pack members be able to choose when to activate their "premium" status? To be more specific... my current computer is utter **** and my ability to upgrade before MWO goes live is in question. Will my premium time tick away regardless of whether or not I have logged in?

Note: Your answer does not effect my purchase. I bought the founder's pack to support the development of MWO. I won't have "buyer's remorse" if I end up wasting my premium time.

Thank you for your time,

M.B.

#630 Ordrun

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:45 AM

From my side just a big thank you For your effort of answering our questions.

#631 Albinonewt

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 8 posts
  • LocationDelawhere

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:15 AM

Are there any plans for additional benefits to any of the founder's packages down the line, maybe with expansions/content upgrades?

#632 HappyZavulon

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:17 AM

Founder's badge in-game and on the forum? I'll pass.
Don't want people to see that I paid to get all of the cool stuff, that jut gets you called a cheater and other nasty things in most games.

Edited by HappyZavulon, 20 June 2012 - 03:21 AM.

#633 abetterpilot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationLouisville,Kentucky

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:25 AM

'Russ Bullock'
Okay guys I have to cut this off....help each other out as best you can

And now we know how his office flunkies must feel sometimes lmao.

View PostMagnificent *******, on 20 June 2012 - 01:28 AM, said:

I don't think this has been addressed anywhere (sorry if it has):

Will founder's pack members be able to choose when to activate their "premium" status? To be more specific... my current computer is utter **** and my ability to upgrade before MWO goes live is in question. Will my premium time tick away regardless of whether or not I have logged in?

Note: Your answer does not effect my purchase. I bought the founder's pack to support the development of MWO. I won't have "buyer's remorse" if I end up wasting my premium time.

Thank you for your time,

M.B.

he said earlier it was something they are looking at, check back

#634 Sleyer

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:31 AM

i hope founder pack promo still available on open beta .. i need test latency (due to i in asia region) for this game before spent my money

Edited by Sleyer, 20 June 2012 - 03:31 AM.

#635 Elianto

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationRome - Kiev

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:03 AM

View PostSleyer, on 20 June 2012 - 03:31 AM, said:

i hope founder pack promo still available on open beta .. i need test latency (due to i in asia region) for this game before spent my money

The official replies at the moment seem to indicate that probably the Founder Packs will be available for about 1 month or at max until the 7th August

#636 AntharPrime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:13 AM

Cripes 33 pages is a lot of reading to look for answers, but I didn't see the answers for these questions.

1. With the elite and legendary packages will the extra mech slots be available after the premium membership runs out?

2. Can I buy 2 elite packages to double up on it's features ie, 2 founders mechs, 4 months premium membership and $160 in-game cash?

#637 CW Grayson

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:26 AM

Moin,

i suggest you put up some additional info in the founder's page, ~70% of the questions here would be answerd then already and no poor mechfella like me must pry it out from this topic

1) c-bill boost for any founder's mech is 25%
2) c-bill boost will stack with other bought boni
3) founder's mechs have same hardpoints as the prime variant
4) every founder's mech brings a garage slot with it (you missed that, but it's a valuable point also)
5) 'Russ Bullock' "Okay guys I have to cut this off....help each other out as best you can"
No, as we are currently burying you with money, you MUST stay :)

Now to my question: I would really like to support the game by forking over some $, problem is i don't like the given mech choices.
Maybe you could make the founder's package so i can pick a mech from all the ones you showed us till now?
There's no need for a new skin, i just want to have the c-bill boost on this mech and the other goodies everyone gets from the founder's pack.

Edited by CW Grayson, 20 June 2012 - 04:27 AM.

#638 Elianto

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationRome - Kiev

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:28 AM

View PostAntharPrime, on 20 June 2012 - 04:13 AM, said:

Cripes 33 pages is a lot of reading to look for answers, but I didn't see the answers for these questions.

1. With the elite and legendary packages will the extra mech slots be available after the premium membership runs out?

2. Can I buy 2 elite packages to double up on it's features ie, 2 founders mechs, 4 months premium membership and $160 in-game cash?

1. The extra founder slot are linked to the founder mech not to the premium. So they will stay forever.

2. No info on this but I really believe that this is not possible. Since allowing that will reduce (and quite a lot) the real value of the Legendary packs!

#639 Elianto

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationRome - Kiev

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:31 AM

View PostCW Grayson, on 20 June 2012 - 04:26 AM, said:

Now to my question: I would really like to support the game by forking over some $, problem is i don't like the given mech choices.
Maybe you could make the founder's package so i can pick a mech from all the ones you showed us till now?
There's no need for a new skin, i just want to have the c-bill boost on this mech and the other goodies everyone gets from the founder's pack.

Founder mech selection for sure came after some checks about tech trees and balance. I think your request is quite odd, how they can come out now with 12 or more founder mechs?

If you want real boost the Premium Membership is the way to go.

#640 firefox117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:35 AM

View PostHayashi, on 19 June 2012 - 09:24 PM, said:

Will the system requirements for the full game be disclosed soon?

I don't want to get a founders license to then find out it doesn't work. =P

As long as sysreqs are met you're getting your $120.

They were released about a week ago here

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users