Russ Bullock taking questions on Founders now.

948 replies to this topic

#661 CgMass

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 60 posts
  • LocationOK

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:24 AM

View Postmadjack1, on 20 June 2012 - 08:09 AM, said:

Now this does make the game "who ever has the most money win's"

They have said that the extra isn't an I win button. All a premium account or spending more on founders package gets you are some temporary boosts. The game is still based upon skill. Sure if you sit head to head with a mech of the same size and one person has been playing it for 3 months with boosts and the other hasn't, player A will most likely win the battle but when would you ever just sit there not moving trading shots?

#662 Woopass

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 209 posts
  • LocationTacoma, WA

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:33 AM

Hello good Sir! Was wondering if I bought say the 80 Dollar founders pack. Is there gonna be any upgrade options later down the line before release? Also is there anyway someone there can setup a split payment? I got enough for the Legendary Founders pack but Its on 2 seperate accounts and I cant move the money around. Both cards do have visa logo though. Please let me know. Cant wait to get a founders pack! :lol:

#663 The Vogfather

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 54 posts
  • Locationin a server room somewhere in Comcast controlling your Internets.

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:05 PM

hay russ just a suggestion. rather then answering peoples questions as they post them. i think it would be better to make two or three placeholder posts at the start then just edit the posts as you answer them. may save on repeat questions and make it easier to find out whats already been answered.

#664 Gromkey Blackwind

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:19 PM

Hey Russ,

Sup...

#665 Comguard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 652 posts
  • LocationBavaria, Germany

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:18 PM

@Russ

Could you give more detailed Hardware-specifications.

Some of us want to plan ahead or at least have an idea what upgrade for their PC they should get. The minimum and optimum requirements were quite vague, especially concerning AMD-Systems.

#666 strypher

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 12 posts
  • Locationchicago IL.

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:37 PM

View PostTestien Surepath, on 19 June 2012 - 09:55 AM, said:

How much is the c-bill boost?

25%

#667 firefox117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:05 PM

Russ, looking for some help on this ongoing issue.

Ive been at this for 24hrs now, and I still cant use paypal, it just rejects the paypal offer. It says "PayPal Express Checkout has rejected your payment attempt. Please select another way to pay. We apologize for the inconvenience"

If I use my credit cards, it says "We're sorry but your credit card was declined. If you feel this is in error, please contact us." All my info is good to go, as I use these same accounts on Amazon, and have no issue running it through them. Even when I check my paypal account, nothing is going through. Its being reject by playspan right off the bat.

Ive tried it at home, from 3 different government computers at work, and even turned on my VPN to mask my IP as a U.S. one, and no go. Its just plain not working.

Sad thing is, it doesnt seem to affect that many people, and if it is, only a few of us are complaining. Theres about a handful of us on here that cannot pay for this pack. Everyone else is saying they had issues, but then say it worked for them. Please help us Russ.

Edited by firefox117, 20 June 2012 - 02:06 PM.

#668 The Vogfather

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:07 PM

i think there is another entire post dedicated to that

#669 Aggravator

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • 4 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:09 PM

Just like to say thanks to Russ and his team for the excellent rollout of the founders pack as stated. can't wait to start playing!

#670 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:36 PM

View Postfirefox117, on 20 June 2012 - 02:05 PM, said:

Russ, looking for some help on this ongoing issue.

Ive been at this for 24hrs now, and I still cant use paypal, it just rejects the paypal offer. It says "PayPal Express Checkout has rejected your payment attempt. Please select another way to pay. We apologize for the inconvenience"

If I use my credit cards, it says "We're sorry but your credit card was declined. If you feel this is in error, please contact us." All my info is good to go, as I use these same accounts on Amazon, and have no issue running it through them. Even when I check my paypal account, nothing is going through. Its being reject by playspan right off the bat.

Ive tried it at home, from 3 different government computers at work, and even turned on my VPN to mask my IP as a U.S. one, and no go. Its just plain not working.

Sad thing is, it doesnt seem to affect that many people, and if it is, only a few of us are complaining. Theres about a handful of us on here that cannot pay for this pack. Everyone else is saying they had issues, but then say it worked for them. Please help us Russ.

There have beena few reporting similar issues. My understanding is that it's all about Playspan and CC company security. Those overseas are having a tougher time of it. At the moment I am not sure where to direct you I admit...have you talked with Playspan and your credit card company?

View PostChauneko, on 20 June 2012 - 07:30 AM, said:

Here's one I have yet to see:

Do we have any control over what name goes in the credits if we purchased the legendary pack? Right now the current plan is to put our real names in, is it possible to opt out of this?

I'm all for supporting this game. I am not at all for plastering my name in the credits.

a few people have brought this up...we hope to add an opt out feature in your profile or something

#671 firefox117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:38 PM

View PostThe Vogfather, on 20 June 2012 - 02:07 PM, said:

i think there is another entire post dedicated to that

Not that Ive found. Just this post. The only other post Ive really seen is here, but again it seems that no one is really having this issue, and that it is only affecting a small group of people.

Russ, I have talked with them, but they were not much help. Pretty much came down to keep trying. All my information is good to go and what not, so not sure what the problem is.

I also have about 100 charges in paypal now, all canceled from playspan. Hoping one will go through.

Edited by firefox117, 20 June 2012 - 02:40 PM.

#672 ConanTheGamer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 130 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:04 PM

If I decide to go F2P after my free premium accounts expire (3 months) instead of paying the $10 a month. Will I lose my founders mechs(or anything else i.e. bonus xp or c-bills)? What is the difference between the F2P and the premium?

#673 Ishtar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationVirginia/DC

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:26 PM

Why do you TORTURE US DEVS!!!!

#674 HeadWar

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 48 posts
  • LocationGothenburg, Sweden

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:42 PM

View Postmadjack1, on 20 June 2012 - 08:09 AM, said:

Now this does make the game "who ever has the most money win's"

The Founder's Mechs have the exact same stats as the version anyone can get. The only difference is that after the game, the Founders get more C-Bills. So yes, you'll progress faster if you spend money, but once the shooting starts, you won't have any advantages that a F2P-player can't have.

As long as they don't introduce gold ammo, we're golden.

#675 WardenWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:11 PM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 20 June 2012 - 02:36 PM, said:

Just ring up customer service for Playspan. I had this problem myself, after I used my PayPal to purchase a founders pack on my brother's account and then tried to do it again on mine. I called PayPal first, they verified it wasn't on their end. Turned out the dual accounts had flagged as a security risk to Playspan, but a few minutes on the phone with them got it all cleared up :)

#676 Nils

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 432 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:21 PM

Is there going to be a disc released for this game, ever?

#677 Darqe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:39 PM

Hi Russ,

Thanks for taking the time. I didn't see this question asked so apologies if I missed it.

Having been involved in a few MMO launches, and having downloaded the client to play the game a day or so before release along with a million other people...

I was wondering if it is possible for us have a link to start downloading a version of the client ahead of time to avoid the crunch which will definitely occur with MWO a few days before release?

I realize server assets are an issue, but I am ignorant about how a lot of that works.

Thanks.

Edited by Darqe, 20 June 2012 - 04:40 PM.

#678 StukaJU87

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:57 PM

Russ, I would like to know if you have a plan to use an alternate payment system other than playspan? I would really like to purchase a founder's package but I am not going to risk being double charged, which seems quite common. I will not be paying into anything that is related to playspan in anyway so am I out of luck of ever getting a founder's package?

#679 William Murderface

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:27 PM

ive been trawling the forums trying to find how i can change my account details, my first name is messed up because not thinking i used a keyboard command to get an accent above the e and its messed up my name.where do i go to fix these details please.
p.s Thank you so much for bringing mechwarrior back to life

#680 The Vogfather

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:17 PM

View Postfirefox117, on 20 June 2012 - 02:38 PM, said:

Not that Ive found. Just this post. The only other post Ive really seen is here, but again it seems that no one is really having this issue, and that it is only affecting a small group of people.

Russ, I have talked with them, but they were not much help. Pretty much came down to keep trying. All my information is good to go and what not, so not sure what the problem is.

I also have about 100 charges in paypal now, all canceled from playspan. Hoping one will go through.

yes that would be the one i was referring to because it does say "other problems" but he answered it anyways

Edited by The Vogfather, 20 June 2012 - 06:17 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users