Russ Bullock taking questions on Founders now.

948 replies to this topic

#361 Theodore Kurita

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 28 posts
  • LocationGermany, Hannover

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:10 PM

I have only one question:
What must I pay to get a Marauder?
:D

#362 General Panties

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:11 PM

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but as of this posting, search feature not working...

Can the founders mechs be modified in-game? change out weapons-configs, change armor, electronic equip? etc...

#363 Nikoliy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 245 posts
  • LocationHarlech, Outreach

View PostMajor Tom, on 19 June 2012 - 12:06 PM, said:

Hi Russ,
Will I be able to change faction in the game, say from a Lone Wolf, to a Merc Unit, to a House Unit, and/or Clan? and will there be a cost/penalty for doing so? This question has a direct bearing on the number of Founders packages I will be purchasing (although not on the ammount I will be spending).
Thanks

has been answered in the Dev Blog/Dev Q&A

#364 Teageltron

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

It has been stated that the founders mechs are "Elite". Does this mean that the get the benefits of an Elite mech in the leveling tree, or will it only be classified as a "Prime" variant as you stated earlier and have to be leveled up as such?

Edited by Teageltron, 19 June 2012 - 12:12 PM.

#365 Nikoliy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 245 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:12 PM

View PostGeneral Panties, on 19 June 2012 - 12:11 PM, said:

Sorry if this has , but as of this posting, search feature not working...

Can the founders mechs be modified in-game? change out weapons-configs, change armor, electronic equip? etc...

already been addressed earlier in this post

#366 Crisis Averted

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationGalway, Ireland

View PostSkadi, on 19 June 2012 - 11:59 AM, said:

RUSS:If i chose the catapult for my founders mech, will i be allowed to upgrade it to the shorter range laser varient? (Please do not confuse this with customizing the mechs loadout)

The founder's catapult is the Prime variant(the one with missile racks) of the Catapult not the K2 variant (the one with dual PPCs).
They have different hardpoints so no you won't be able to upgrade it - it's a seperate chassis.

View PostODD JOB, on 19 June 2012 - 12:09 PM, said:

I would like to know what will the monthly charge be to keep playing the game..or once we buy the founders pack can we play the free to play side..as I am on a limited income and if I drop $120 to then have to pay $19.95 a month to continue play..that will make me buy a smaller package..please answer this so I know what to buy

Thanks Russ for a great game

ODD JOB

The game is free to play - you don't have to pay for premium membership. Premier membership does mean faster C-Bill and XP generation though

#367 vettie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 1,620 posts
  • LocationThe Good Ole South

Could I buy a package for someone OTHER than myself? If so, how do I go about that?

#368 Eskorakas

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 13 posts

Will there be a way to delay the use of Premium account time... for those of us who wont be around when the game officially releases.

#369 tPagen

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 73 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

View PostDreager96, on 19 June 2012 - 10:13 AM, said:

will we be invited into the beta, at legendary or will we just have to wait and hope like everyone else?

You have to wait like everyone else.

#370 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:13 PM

View PostArchSight, on 19 June 2012 - 12:08 PM, said:

Ok I'm putting more info into my question.

I bought veteran twice and it upgraded into elite founder. On the Email that was sent to me said, "Selected Mech: NONE" does this mean I don't get a c-bill boosted mech? Where do I go to cancel this if this is bugged?

Okay very good question

I did put another post up in general about double charges or other charge errors

However I just talked with Kyle....what you need to do is select Elite as an upgrade rather than buying two veterans.

What I suggest doing is do the elite upgrade right now and it should charge you 30$ to upgrade to elite then get your refund for the 30$ you spent on the second veteran

End result should be 60$ as it should be

#371 Paladinred

• Pip
  • 11 posts

View PostODD JOB, on 19 June 2012 - 12:09 PM, said:

I would like to know what will the monthly charge be to keep playing the game..or once we buy the founders pack can we play the free to play side..as I am on a limited income and if I drop $120 to then have to pay $19.95 a month to continue play..that will make me buy a smaller package..please answer this so I know what to buy

Thanks Russ for a great game

ODD JOB

This is going to be a Free to Play (F2P) game. Meaning, once your premium runs out, you will still be able to play. You won't, however, get the 50% bonus to C-bills, and exp., that you got with the premium account. That is the primary, if not sole benefit of the premium account.

#372 Dreager96

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 57 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Will those people who Bought founder's pack's be placed on the Beta earlier, we are supporting the game besides reading the forum's and posting. I read about the closed beta 2 dates but for 120.00 we should get the beta right away?

#373 Endarius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 190 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:14 PM

Aside from just wiring money to the person in question with a message saying you will murder them in their sleep if they spend the money on anything else; is there some way to send a founder's pack as a gift?

#374 Crisis Averted

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationGalway, Ireland

View PostGeneral Panties, on 19 June 2012 - 12:11 PM, said:

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but as of this posting, search feature not working...

It functions just like a standard 'mech - you can upgrade/modify in the mechlab but not change the variant - i.e change from a Hunchback-4G to a Swayback.

#375 Valerin

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationWatkins,CO

Congratz on the launch Russ... I was double charged for my $60 pack and was upgraded to the $120 pack. Now first I do not want the extra $60 back. I want to stay with my Legendary pack but how do I get the rest of the mechs that come with that pack? Thanks for your help Russ.

#376 Major Tom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationIncomming!

View PostNikoliy, on 19 June 2012 - 12:11 PM, said:

has been answered in the Dev Blog/Dev Q&A

Thanks, that was enough information to get what I needed. If anyone else is interested this is the Q&A in question:
http://mwomercs.com/...munity-warfare/
You can switch faction, you cannot play multiple faction simultaniously (on the same account)

#377 Rom Sender

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:15 PM

Would MWO allow a one time founder mech exchange one month after it goes live. Its really hard to pick without playing the game.

#378 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:16 PM

View Postvettie, on 19 June 2012 - 12:12 PM, said:

Could I buy a package for someone OTHER than myself? If so, how do I go about that?

We hope to add a gifting system soon but it is not operational yet and I do not have an ETA yet

#379 Nikoliy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 245 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:17 PM

View PostValerin, on 19 June 2012 - 12:14 PM, said:

Congratz on the launch Russ... I was double charged for my $60 pack and was upgraded to the $120 pack. Now first I do not want the extra $60 back. I want to stay with my Legendary pack but how do I get the rest of the mechs that come with that pack? Thanks for your help Russ.

When you buy the legendary their is no selection of mechs. You just get your title and automatically get the 4 mechs.

#380 Robert Rogers

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:17 PM

I was pretty sure, I'd buy the Elite Pack, but now you are offering something even more expensive: Legendary.
You already answered almost all of the questions, I had in mind, but two:

I can't decide between Atlas and Catapult, would like to get these 2 out of the 4 Mechs offered with Elite.
But I don't want to shell out 120$ and get 2 Mechs I don't want.

- How about offering Elite Founders the chance, to buy a second Mech with the special Paint Job & C-Bill Booster?

and

If after EU-Launch I want to stay on the NA-Server with my Founder Mech, but my friends all transfer theirs to the new Server.
- Can I open a second Account on EU, to play with my Friends?
- Same question, only this time I'd like to transfer my Founder Account on EU and still play on NA-Servers sometimes?

31 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 31 guests, 0 anonymous users