Base Defense Turrets And You, Don't Be That Guy...

49 replies to this topic

#41 NecessaryWeevil

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 116 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:14 PM

View PostHarathan, on 24 April 2014 - 11:42 AM, said:

I'm fairly certain that's not true. A pair of lights with any medium/long range weapon is going to wipe those turrets out without ever being threatened.

Yes, but it's still going to take time. And then it's going to take more time to actually cap the base. If the opposing team can't or won't get back to defend in that rather long time period, they deserve to lose their base.

#42 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:47 PM

View PostHarathan, on 24 April 2014 - 11:39 AM, said:

I'm not seeing the problem.

The reduction of the health on turrets to 100 has been a big help to the assault mode. It might only need the minor tweak of not always hitting the most damaged part and instead hit like streaks and they will be just fine.

#43 GunnyKintaro 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:56 PM

View PostNecessaryWeevil, on 24 April 2014 - 02:14 PM, said:

Yes, but it's still going to take time. And then it's going to take more time to actually cap the base. If the opposing team can't or won't get back to defend in that rather long time period, they deserve to lose their base.

Agreed.. I dont see it as a big deal.. They don't stop me from capping a base at all.. just takes a little longer.. as it was meant too

#44 WVAnonymous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:05 PM

I want more turret variety. SRM6 turrets, AC20 turrets, 2 MG turrets. Mix them up a bit, make them change match to match.

We aren't technically re-invading the same city every d*mn time, are we?

#45 Skye Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 250 posts
  • LocationPeriphery

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:51 PM

Amen Brother

View PostWVAnonymous, on 24 April 2014 - 05:05 PM, said:

I want more turret variety. SRM6 turrets, AC20 turrets, 2 MG turrets. Mix them up a bit, make them change match to match.

We aren't technically re-invading the same city every d*mn time, are we?

#46 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 24 April 2014 - 07:03 PM

View PostNecessaryWeevil, on 24 April 2014 - 02:14 PM, said:

It really doesnt take that long to kill turrets, especially if they got changed to your suggestion, since you wouldnt even need to bother with cover.

#47 Arc Viper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:53 PM

Pro tip- If capping the enemy base with a locust, don't.

#48 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:09 PM

now now... there are a few maps where you can get away with it, and survive the LRM turrets, but you gotta be good and sneeky.

#49 Abaddun

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 245 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:58 PM

I am ashamed to admit that I had a little "That Guy" moment. Just got back into the game due to technical difficulties in December. Since my Locust is as fragile as a underbaked hobnob, I took the safe path to my opponents base, set on the edge of the cap zone in the hope of splitting the herd. Next thing I knew my rear armour was gone and LRMs were dropping on my head. I immediately whacked the mech into full throttle in a panic only to get stuck between a building and that pissing truck. After that it was rather grisly.

#50 Silverlance

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 178 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationThe Periphery, one planet at a time.

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:01 PM

There needs to be more turrets, with more HP, better range and better weapons (Like ER LL and ACs). Think to the Calliope Turrets in MW4. Or, PGI needs to implement AI air and ground assault vehicles to make this game far more interesting than the crap it is now. ESPECIALLY in light of Clans in 2 months and all the recent bugs in game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users