25 replies to this topic

#21 mikelovskij

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:25 AM

View PostEspionage07, on 17 February 2014 - 02:59 AM, said:

Thanks for help victor :lol:

I looking at very expensive mechs in the clan collection whats that all about?
Can they be used in combat or are they clan related im clueless

Clan mechs are a particular set of mechs which are a bit different from the mechs available now (which are called "inner sphere mechs"). They use slighly different technology (in classic Battletech they are much more technologically advanced and strong) than the inner sphere mechs and they will be introduced in the game in june (if PGI doesn't deleay the release).
We do not know exaclty how these new mechs and weapons will be implemented in this game so maybe it will be good to wait some more tham and let PGI release more info about these mechs before buying them.
The only thing we know is that they will be balanced in order to not to be stronger than the inner sphere mechs(again, even if you buy them you won't have them until june).
After they will be released these mechs will be available for c-bills too (maybe some months later)
Also I suggest you to play the game a little more and trying the various trial mechs in order to understand which playstyle you like more before buying mechs with real money. :(

Edited by mikelovskij, 17 February 2014 - 03:27 AM.

#22 Espionage07

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:32 PM

Hey mikelovskij

Thanks for explaining that. Ive learnt a few things about the game so far i bought HGN-773 Highlander, ive got a question though the mech xp in pilot trees, when i unlock things like cool run and kinetic burst is that a instant upgrade?

I noticed i dont have back armor is that normal also?

Why do i always spawn in charlie company away from the main pack? This gets me killed alot

Edited by Espionage07, 25 February 2014 - 01:22 PM.

#23 Espionage07

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:50 AM

bump

#24 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:05 AM

Pilot tree unlocks are instant. Note that one on its own is rarely a big upgrade. Getting all basics, Speed Tweak, and then double basics (when all Elites are unlocked) is what gives you the noticeable boosts.

You have front and read armor on torso locations. Legs, arms, and the head are single locations, all considered front for the purposes of damage transfer. For example, if you get shot in a destroyed leg from behind, it will transfer to the front side torso.

The lance you spawn in depends on the relative skill difference between you and alpha lance. The further away, the wider the spread. Being in charlie lance means that you are very weak or a demigod compared to alpha lance (or rather, their average skill, because it is usually a group).

#25 Damoadius

• PipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 50 posts
  • LocationAustralia.

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:56 PM

If youre still looking for an Aussie corps to join, check out Dark Star Alliance Mercs. We will help with training you up and optimising your mechs while keeping it fun and laid back :)

http://s1.zetaboards...rcenaries/site/

See you on the battlefield

#26 ThatBum42

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 220 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:08 PM

Actually being in Charlie doesn't have to do with skill/Elo. It's just that premades fill up Alpha, then Bravo, then Charlie. So Charlie is the most likely lance you'll get put in if you're pugging. It just seems that the other lances have higher skill because they're working together and might be on comms, etc.

Edited by ThatBum42, 09 April 2014 - 04:08 PM.

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users