Getting Tabbed Out In Combat.

3 replies to this topic

#1 DandyWalker

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:31 PM

I continuously get tabbed out when trying to shoot in combat, as you realize, this is unacceptable in a game like this. My mouse cursor appears on my screen and when I go to fire it tabs me out occasionally, mid-combat. I read this is due to alt-tabbing in a game, but this happens even when I don't do that. How hard is it to fix this error? This seems like bush league stuff, it's extremely frustrating as a player tbh to go to fire and then get tabbed out and focused and tab back in dead.

#2 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:27 PM

Sounds your cursor is going outside the game window. Try switching to fullscreen (I presume you're using full window?).

I'm fairly certain there is a more complicated method that locks the cursor to the interior of the active game window, but I'd just go to fullscreen and that should solve it.

#3 DandyWalker

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:38 PM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 16 February 2014 - 04:27 PM, said:

Sounds your cursor is going outside the game window. Try switching to fullscreen (I presume you're using full window?).

I'm fairly certain there is a more complicated method that locks the cursor to the interior of the active game window, but I'd just go to fullscreen and that should solve it.

Nah, I'm using standard full screen. It happens regardless if I tab out in a game or not. It's just random.

#4 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,759 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:32 AM

Unfortunately there are too many variables but not enough information.

Is the arrow visible during the entire game? This happens when/if you are alt-tabbing at the start of a combat drop. If so then you do not have an early indicator that the game has lost focus.

If the arrow primarily only shows up right before you fire, that is the system informing you the game no longer has primary focus.

1. Another program's alert is popping up. Use Full Window mode to help isolate this. This can also be tied into #3.
2. Hitting the Window's key on the keyboard.
3. Macro setup on mouse or key combination that is activated when you are about to fire. Disable any non-essential programs. Those that are kept up, disable their Hotkey.

I would go with #2 as the primary culprit.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users