33 replies to this topic

#1 Naduk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:34 PM

can somebody tell me why premium time ticks off when your not even logged in ?

i am putting out the call the for nonsense to stop

premium time should only count for play time
i would settle for logged in time (ticks down in mechlab ect)

but a complete count from activation point to end is so very very rude
its not like it costs PGI anything to generate it
nor does it go off like fresh fruit

i activated 24hrs premium time last night
played a few matches
then went to bed
logged in to check something before going to work and the premium time is sitting at 8hrs
so by the time i get back from work it will be expired
this was just a free day too, i would be livid if i had just spent money on that 24hrs and was able to use less than 1hr of it

the time for change is now

#2 Hidekailas

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:27 PM

I have to agree with you, sorry that nobody answered earlier, but you have a point

#3 TehSBGX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 911 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:36 PM

Honestly it would work way better like this. The premium time would stretch pretty far for guys that only play 3-4 hours a week. Which now that I think of it, might be why PGI doesn't do it that way :lol:

#4 Naduk

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:51 PM

but these are exactly the people who do not buy premium time (especially after seeing how fast it evaporates)

i play the game every chance i get, that can be 3 hours a day or zero hours a week, it depends on how crazy my work is
i was going to wait until CW to activate my premium time
now i dont think there will ever be a good time for me to drop my bank as most of it will just go down the drain
my current bank is over 190days
its likely i would only get to use about 30 days of that based on how the system currently works

in any other market, world ect, you would call this getting ripped off
hell even i an internet cafe, where time is litterly money, you can pause your useage and go to the toilet, buy food ect and come back 30mins later and pick up where you left off

#5 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:31 PM

View PostNaduk, on 16 February 2014 - 05:51 PM, said:

in any other market, world ect, you would call this getting ripped off

Subscription-based games like WoW beg to differ. You pay $15 for 30 days of usage. You don't get to not-pay for the days you can't log in, or for the chunks of time that you're at work.

Premium Time is simply MW:O's subscription time.

Also remember ... you got that banked Premium Time basically for free, for buying 'Mech packages. Every day that you play MW:O but don't use the PT is a waste.

Once your banked PT is done, then you can buy PT in one-day chunks only on the days you KNOW you'll have significant play time. That way you get your money's worth. It's not as if PT is all that expensive anyway -- you can get a full year for less than $100.

#6 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:41 PM

This is why you you get your mechs all loaded up with the right modules (including expendables), go to the bathroom, get some snacks and drinks by the computer, and then AND ONLY THEN do you start your premium time.

That counter runs down deceptively fast.

#7 needforsleep

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:11 PM

This is the exact reason that i dont by premium. There is NO WHY IN HELL im paying money for 24 hours of premium just to have 16 of it pissed away while i cant get to the computer.

#8 Sirslicey

• Pip
  • Visekorporal
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:44 PM

I agree that Premium time should be limited to in-game time, only while you're alive. Otherwise it's just a silly money-grab.

#9 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:47 PM

Activate when online and in segments maybe.

#10 Jabilo

• Philanthropist
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:49 PM

Unfortunately premium time represents poor value for money if you buy less than a month.

Buy a month and it represents superb value for money.

It is there way of not so subtly encouraging you to buy it in bigger amounts.

I think that the 1 day, 3 day and 7 day premium times prices could do with a small drop, as these are a good way for new players to experience the benefits of premium time and encourage them to stick with the game.

Edited by Jabilo, 17 February 2014 - 03:53 PM.

#11 Haakon Magnusson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 636 posts
  • LocationI have no idea, they keep resetting CW map

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:52 PM

It's a subscription.... but anyways, I would like to use it in one month increments or two week. Now my banked time is sitting because I know I won't play enough for the coming 3 months to activate it. If I could use it in smaller bits I would.. and would eventually run out of it. Now it just sits there, which is conterproductive for all concerned. (Not that ui2.0 lets me activate the banked time anyways)

#12 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,676 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:54 PM

That's how premium time works. If you don't like it, don't get angry, just don't buy it! The alternative for a cbill boost would be to buy a Hero mech you like.

#13 Sirslicey

• Pip
  • Visekorporal
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:00 PM

It makes it harder for the more "casual" players. Makes this game more difficult to get into for newcomers. I think that more people would actually buy Premium and other boosts too if it was done this way.

#14 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:26 PM

I buy one day at a time, that usually solves my problem

#15 Alex Warden

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts
  • Location...straying in the Inner Sphere...

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:36 PM

honestly, i don´t know about ONE single f2p game with premium time that let´s it tick down only when you´re logged in... all the games i ever played were ticking regardless of logging in or not... PGI follows a standardized buisness model here...

plus 30 days of pure ingame time is quite alot if you only play 20 hours/ week (and for many casual gamers that´s quite alot)... so you would get like half a year of premium time for around 12 bucks, i am sure that wouldn´t be a smart deal for PGI

as Blood Wolf mentioned above: just buy a day whenever you play, or 3 days on weekends...

Edited by Alex Warden, 17 February 2014 - 04:43 PM.

#16 Naduk

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:56 PM

View PostAlex Warden, on 17 February 2014 - 04:36 PM, said:

honestly, i don´t know about ONE single f2p game with premium time that let´s it tick down only when you´re logged in... all the games i ever played were ticking regardless of logging in or not... PGI follows a standardized buisness model here...

clearly you have been playing bad games
http://leagueoflegen....com/wiki/Boost

league offers two different ways of premium time
flat time that buffs every game (awesome if you play lots and lots and lots)
and per win value that just sits there and only boosts your wins
so a 50 win boost can last you a long time if your bad or dont get to play very often
thus everybody wins and gets value for their money

value for money is ALL i am asking for
not money thats draining away while i am unavailable

it will only make them more money
happy players spend money
we have lots of happy players but lack of acceptable spending options block happy players from spending

#17 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:12 PM

A lot of games have subscriptions, not every game is league of legends. There is not much you can do about the premium time so in the future till they fix this just buy one the days that you are playing

#18 Craig Steele

• 2,106 posts
  • LocationCSR Mountbatton awaiting clearance for tactical deployment

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:31 PM

I have 4 months or so of Premium Time but here's how I look at it.

I'll use it when the game is worth playing.

No sense in activating for a 2 hour grind every day, but if I am playing for 10 hours a day it will be a nice bonus to the entertainment I am getting.

Edited by Craig Steele, 17 February 2014 - 05:31 PM.

#19 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:41 PM

View PostCraig Steele, on 17 February 2014 - 05:31 PM, said:

I have 4 months or so of Premium Time but here's how I look at it.

I'll use it when the game is worth playing.

No sense in activating for a 2 hour grind every day, but if I am playing for 10 hours a day it will be a nice bonus to the entertainment I am getting.

Yea, i would save it for when the bonuses get bigger

#20 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:24 PM

Yay, another "stop button" premium time thread

First off, I call BS. The OP is a founder, the Op knows how Premium time works now and has worked since day 1. All of a sudden the OP "discovers" premium time counts down?

Secondly, it makes no sense for a company to do this. I can't think of a single other F2P game that offers this. Although I'm sure they get the exact same threads on their forums.

I'm going to post this example (again as I have in every other stop button thread) as to why it makes no sense for PGI to implement a stop button.

Casual Player Joe Derp plays 6 hours a week on average
That means Mr. Derp could buy 30 days of premium time (that's 720 hours)
With a stop/start button that means Mr. Derp could buy 1 month of premium time and make it last for 120 weeks. So tell me where in a business plan that would make ANY sense. The fact that you don't buy premium time is offset by the loss they would take by implementing a start/stop button.

You can argue against it, talk about how you won't buy premium time because of it, etc. but that doesn't change the fact that it would completely devalue premium time and make zero business sense.

The only change that's really needed at this time in this regard is people to understand that this idea makes absolutely no sense from a business perspective.

View PostNaduk, on 17 February 2014 - 04:56 PM, said:

clearly you have been playing bad games
http://leagueoflegen....com/wiki/Boost

league offers two different ways of premium time
flat time that buffs every game (awesome if you play lots and lots and lots)
and per win value that just sits there and only boosts your wins
so a 50 win boost can last you a long time if your bad or dont get to play very often
thus everybody wins and gets value for their money

value for money is ALL i am asking for
not money thats draining away while i am unavailable

it will only make them more money
happy players spend money
we have lots of happy players but lack of acceptable spending options block happy players from spending

You can take the money you'd spend on premium time and just buy a hero mech. Then you get a cash boost every time you use it win or lose. So there's the alternative to ticking premium time really. It offers a completely different way to boost your cbills just like the example you gave for LoL.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users