Founders released: need developer input

12 replies to this topic

#1 SnakeTheFox

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:39 AM

Are we ever going to be allowed to change our beta profiles, specifically in regards to our system specifications? I want to buy Founders, but to me a major factoring of deciding to purchase it is the chance of even earlier beta access in July with the release of "closed beta 2". But I imagine I have zero chance of getting in, even with Founders, if the computer I posted is below the system requirements. In this case I only had 2gb RAM at the time of submitting, as one stick had died, though I replaced it awhile ago and am back up to 4gb. I also upgraded my CPU slightly.

I'd create a new account with updated information but I imagine that's a more dubious way of doing it and for all we know they have some kind of system in place that removes beta viability from IP's with multiple accounts, though that's merely speculation.

So can I get a developer to weigh in on this? What are my options?

#2 Monky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,219 posts
  • LocationHypothetical Warrior

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:45 AM

you should be able to submit a new system profile.... check it again, should be at the bottom.

#3 SnakeTheFox

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:55 AM

View PostMonky, on 19 June 2012 - 10:45 AM, said:

you should be able to submit a new system profile.... check it again, should be at the bottom.

The bottom where? Under "closed beta registration"? Because I don't see anything, got a screenshot?

#4 SnakeTheFox

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:49 PM

Come on, man, clarify this. I hate to bump this thread again, but you can't explicitly allude to this existing and then not follow through with any kind of elucidation, that's just rude.

Does a button exist to change system specs, or am I just being trolled by this guy?

#5 Agent CraZy DiP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 609 posts
  • LocationAZ - USA

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:35 PM

Next to the edit undo button.

#6 SnakeTheFox

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:40 PM

Alright, I see, I'm being trolled by two people now.

Anyway, can a developer weigh on on this please, will it ever be possible to change our beta profiles?

#7 Agent CraZy DiP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 609 posts
  • LocationAZ - USA

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:09 PM

Just be patient.

#8 Dragonsbane

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:35 AM

I upgraded and want to change my config in the beta profile too. And for the OP, I think it would be better to try to describe the issue on the topic title as well... "need developer input" is not very informative and can cause people in the same situation to skip the post.

#9 SnakeTheFox

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:41 AM

View PostDragonsbane, on 20 June 2012 - 03:35 AM, said:

I upgraded and want to change my config in the beta profile too. And for the OP, I think it would be better to try to describe the issue on the topic title as well... "need developer input" is not very informative and can cause people in the same situation to skip the post.

I wasn't looking for people in a similar situation, unless there was some way to do it that I was missing. But as you can see, the only posts from users are stupid troll posts like these other guys above me.

#10 BlackAbbot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • LocationSecret UrbanMech Production Facility

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:51 AM

I have a similar problem. Virtu screwed my system specs and reported the wrong graphics, i.e. processor graphics instead of my actual graphics card, and I didn't realise until I'd already hit submit. It'd be great to have the option to resubmit system specs for those who have upgraded for the purpose of meeting now known system requirements, or those like myself who just done screwed up.

#11 Dragonsbane

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:39 AM

View PostSnakeTheFox, on 20 June 2012 - 03:41 AM, said:

I wasn't looking for people in a similar situation, unless there was some way to do it that I was missing. But as you can see, the only posts from users are stupid troll posts like these other guys above me.

More people asking for a feature should help PGI understand the need for a fix.

#12 evil merlin

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:55 AM

Whats the big deal? Why the concern about changing this info? Its not like its going to directly impact the game in any way.

#13 SnakeTheFox

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:21 AM

View Postevil merlin, on 20 June 2012 - 08:55 AM, said:

Whats the big deal? Why the concern about changing this info? Its not like its going to directly impact the game in any way.

With system information that falls below the recently released minimum specifications, anyone who has that information will doubtlessly not be invited to the second phase of beta mid-July. In this case, my information fell below merely because I hadn't yet replaced a stick of RAM that died. Try reading the OP before posting, it helps.

Edited by SnakeTheFox, 20 June 2012 - 09:22 AM.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users