7 Years of BT Fan Art...

26 replies to this topic

#21 Grafix TM

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationWorld Traveler

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:04 PM

Ah yes. I remember those. Nice detail work Hana.

#22 Punk KMSD

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:24 AM

Wow. Amazing stuff, Hana, you have really become a great artist. I saw those simple poly models get better and better...each time I made you redo them. *cough* :)

#23 HanaYuriko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 588 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:09 AM

Again, thanks guys! I'm glad everyone has appreciated my talents.

View PostPunk[KMSD], on 04 November 2011 - 02:24 AM, said:

Wow. Amazing stuff, Hana, you have really become a great artist. I saw those simple poly models get better and better...each time I made you redo them. *cough* :)

Yeah. I couldn't have been able to improve my skills without rebuilding and texturing your models. Thanks pard!

#24 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:00 PM

Hi Hana, I used supply Derk with 3D models back in the BTS days.

How have you been?

#25 HanaYuriko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 588 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:22 PM

Woo! Found the first thread EVAR for the Fan Art section. Figured I'd do a little necro-posting and update it with some more recent images.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#26 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:49 PM

View PostHighlighter, on 31 October 2011 - 06:19 PM, said:

Ah, I see. Though I've never taken any formal art courses, I was curious because my brother was an art minor while he was in school, so he's shared with me some of his experiences with rendering. I've personally never used any of those programs (only experience is with Photoshop), so I'm always amazed that people can create these awesome looking renders.

I've found that my personal style of drawing doesn't lend itself to Battletech very well. It's typically very messy, sketch-like, so it's not great for hard shapes, but it works great for more organic subjects.

Also, I see that you've won WoT's design a tank contest. Congratulations! Posted Image

I totally second HanaYuriko. If you look at the original 3025 and 3026 TROs and the 3058, all done by Duane Loose, they are done if a very rough blueprint, drafting style. I can't do any computer artwork, all mine is 2d hand made, and my natural style is very much toward thr rough sketch feel, with the exception of when I use charcoals, which I don't usually do real well on mechanicals with.

I always have found the trick to proportions and perspective to be to first model a static, neutral version, then I set out a skeleton in light pencil, and start lightly building blocks and cubes around thos to cover what goes where, then start in earnest on filing in details.

VERY awesome work HanaYuriko. I wish I had half the ability to use rendering software.

#27 Rychard Starheart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 300 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:31 PM

View PostHanaYuriko, on 31 October 2011 - 05:08 PM, said:

...and counting!

http://lady-die.devi...gallery/3380299

Yeah, I'm still lurking about. Hi guys!

holy **** on a stick, nice work! :)