Players In Private Matches Getting Rewarded The Same As Those In Public Community Game Modes.

225 replies to this topic

Poll: Private Matches being rewarded.. (179 member(s) have cast votes)

Should players in private matches, when they are implemented, be ranked and rewarded with cbills and xp?

1. Yes (31 votes [17.32%])

Percentage of vote: 17.32%

2. No (148 votes [82.68%])

Percentage of vote: 82.68%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:09 AM

View PostTichorius Davion, on 21 February 2014 - 05:54 AM, said:

1. Invalidation of 'Pub' and 'CW' matches.

Why would I bother playing regular matches if I can just play singularly with my friends? I gain everything as normal as if I were playing a standard to there's no point in me playing public matches if Private matches offer the same rewards. Especially if I can play with JUST MY FRIENDS ONLY.

It is not healthy for the queues nor the game if everyone just dumps the into the private matches over the public matches. The only people that would actually engage in the CW matches is for the hardcore player/roleplayer. I laugh if you think that casuals can't gather enough people for a private match. Ever play League? I'd rather gather 9 other people and play a match at the comfort of having friends to converse with over the toxic filth that exists.

2. It is a god damned Private match.

The module as far as I know is going to allow for custom settings. Why should you allow a CUSTOM GAME the ability to grant in game rewards when you could just as easily set it so that maximizes rewards? Set Conquest, 4v4, and having a lance of TAG/NARC/SSRM lights run around shooting up 4 DDC's leaving one alive before capping.

3. People

Don't sit that and tell me that you won't do that. It isn't about just you. It is about the other people playing this game. You might not abuse the game but others might. Need I mention that despite Game Hack developers charging money and having DRM on their cheats people still bought them and used them on their Steam Accounts.

Those Steam Accounts are banned and people are still using those cheats. People are still trying to hack into games, spending money. Losing all their games on Steam and are willing to do it again.

1)CW you do to win planets, Factories, and glory. Private matches you only get a little glory.

2)Which is still doing something in the MW:O game, and thus worth something even if it is a small amount of (G)XP. In your example the player cheating is really cheating themselves. You fight garbage in practice you will pose against those who are doing it right. Otherwise you were ALREADY better than the folks you just stomped. I an run around all day in the Training Ground, killing inanimate Mechs. When they start firing back I learn I am not a god in a Jenner.

#82 RichAC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:18 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 21 February 2014 - 06:09 AM, said:

1)CW you do to win planets, Factories, and glory. Private matches you only get a little glory.

2)Which is still doing something in the MW:O game, and thus worth something even if it is a small amount of (G)XP. In your example the player cheating is really cheating themselves. You fight garbage in practice you will pose against those who are doing it right. Otherwise you were ALREADY better than the folks you just stomped. I an run around all day in the Training Ground, killing inanimate Mechs. When they start firing back I learn I am not a god in a Jenner.

1) apparently you also want to get cbills and xp ...

2) They are cheating PGI and the rest of the community by gaining anything other then the gratification of playing with friends. If you want it to be a practice match then thats what is.

Noone in "real life", since you like to keep bringing it up, gets free equipment for a practice match, they still have to buy their own. Again, noone in "real life" gets paid for a practice or scrimmage match, they only get paid for playing in the real official competition.

Also you keep ignoring the fact the matches are exploitable, and i'm sorry, but its ridiculous to think PGI is going to be able to monitor matches for stat padders and sand baggers.

But thats right, its all just in the name of "gamesmanship", good old fashion exploitation which you approve of.

Edited by RichAC, 21 February 2014 - 06:21 AM.

#83 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:20 AM

View PostRichAC, on 21 February 2014 - 05:56 AM, said:

1)here we go again, hahaha, all I can say is you can't tell the difference between xp and cbills, and your human abilites. They have nothing to do with each other.

2)But just to add, gaining human abilities by practicing i private matches, also throws off your ELO when then dropping into the community match at first, which is another story that PGI can't really do anything about, but I'd imagine that would minimal and even out shortly, and still not nearly as bad as sand baggers if private matches rated players.

3)And nowhere near, even close, to the advantage one would gain by justifyng getting xp and cbills in a private match? really? You think that is the same as you practicing to improve your physical abilities? WHAT!?!? haha

4) Either that or you are not being sincere and just trolling like nightfire, because when you start defending "gamesmanship" on these forums I start to wonder....

1) Yes we will go around and around. Yes I can say there is a difference between the two.
EXP= Allows a player to improve the Toons ability

C-Bills Allows the player to upgrade the Toons Equipment.

Similar but different qualities.

2) Possible. But again can be worked around by increasing or decreasing ones Elo according to their training results. Have a Test capability, I don't just get handed a Green belt, I earn it in a test.

3) You do notice I am not supporting earning cash in private matchs, unless it is a wager, and if two friends want to help each other out... Well My guildmates in SWTOR have gifted me equipment and cash my Toon needed.

4) Because I have a differing opinion than you does not mean I am rolling you. It only means I have different experiences and expectations than you do. I have a lot of fun seeing that You take my opinions as a person slight and lash out. This is a forum where differing opinions are meant to be discussed is it not?

George Patton has been quoted saying that, 'if everyone is thinking the same same thing, someone's not thinking.'

#84 Nightfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 226 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:22 AM

View PostTichorius Davion, on 21 February 2014 - 05:54 AM, said:

1. Invalidation of 'Pub' and 'CW' matches.

Why would I bother playing regular matches if I can just play singularly with my friends? I gain everything as normal as if I were playing a standard to there's no point in me playing public matches if Private matches offer the same rewards. Especially if I can play with JUST MY FRIENDS ONLY.

I'm failing to see a problem with this. If someone doesn't want to play in the random public queue or wishes to do so occasionally and still plays, purchases MC and does everything else we do in the game, why does anyone care if they don't run public random games?

It is not healthy for the queues nor the game if everyone just dumps the into the private matches over the public matches. The only people that would actually engage in the CW matches is for the hardcore player/roleplayer. I laugh if you think that casuals can't gather enough people for a private match. Ever play League? I'd rather gather 9 other people and play a match at the comfort of having friends to converse with over the toxic filth that exists.

I won't deny that some people would drop the public queues in favor of such a Private Match system. Not everyone would though, it isn't a closed system or 0 sum game. I know at least 9 people I could get to play MWO again if we had a Private Game system we could drop in and it was a viable, progression wise, as the public queue. There are other avenues players could come from.

If you would find such an option more enjoyable, why wouldn't you want it? You're against having a game mode you would find comfortable and enjoy?

2. It is a god damned Private match.

The module as far as I know is going to allow for custom settings. Why should you allow a CUSTOM GAME the ability to grant in game rewards when you could just as easily set it so that maximizes rewards? Set Conquest, 4v4, and having a lance of TAG/NARC/SSRM lights run around shooting up 4 DDC's leaving one alive before capping.

Ummm, having rewards doesn't mean you should be able to SET the rewards! Having said that, I would prefer to know what map we are dropping into in the public queue before selecting what mech to use.

I agree, such rigged matches could occur. My question to you would be, given that you could just as easily earn rewards in a public queue in the time spent in this Private Match, how much of a difference to your earnings do you think it would make? What real effect would that really have on people in the public queue? These are serious questions and if you don't mind, I'd like serious, considered responses as opposed to emotionally reflexive ones.

3. People

Don't sit that and tell me that you won't do that. It isn't about just you. It is about the other people playing this game. You might not abuse the game but others might. Need I mention that despite Game Hack developers charging money and having DRM on their cheats people still bought them and used them on their Steam Accounts.

And hacks for MWO exist now. What is your point here?

Those Steam Accounts are banned and people are still using those cheats. People are still trying to hack into games, spending money. Losing all their games on Steam and are willing to do it again.

Again, cheats exist and they exist for MWO. I'm honestly not getting your point. Is it that people cheat and if Private Matches have rewards, people will cheat in them?

#85 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:33 AM

View PostRichAC, on 21 February 2014 - 06:18 AM, said:

2) They are cheating PGI and the rest of the community by gaining anything other then the gratification of playing with friends. If you want it to be a practice match then thats what is.

3) Noone in "real life", since you like to keep bringing it up, gets free equipment for a practice match, they still have to buy their own. Again, noone in "real life" gets paid for a practice or scrimmage match, they only get paid for the real official competition.

But thats right, its all just in the name of "gamesmanship", good old fashion exploitation which you approve of.

1) Never said I want C-Bills for training... Unless that is in the Garrison contract.

2) Do the NFL players pay for their pads? I never once paid for a single round I fired, grenade I threw, or LAW rocket I fired in training, My initial equipment was given to me, I was assigned a rifle, My meals were free, medical provided. All during my downtime in the Marines

My tooling and Machinery I work on is provided by my employer, I even get uniforms to wear if I wish to have them. I don't pay a penny for it.

3) In Practice Matches I learn what techniques do and don't work and Then train to get the ineffective ones to be effective...
That sir is Experience in a nutshell.

I beg to differ. As an Apprentice tool maker I was paid to learn from Journeymen, I was even paid for successfully passing my College courses related to my training. SO I have to disagree with you. Some people DO get paid for Training. I was also paid every two weeks by the US government during my 3 years of training while I was an Active Duty Marine. Never once had to shoot an enemy soldier. I was being paid to maintain readiness. SO folks DO get paid in real life for training. Heck my wife was even paid by UofM Medical during training to work in UofM medical center!

Should I go on, or have I proven that we can and do get experience and PAY for training?

#86 Nightfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 226 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:34 AM

View PostRichAC, on 21 February 2014 - 06:18 AM, said:

It is how progression is set up in this game, of course people do. I find it strange that you think people should have to choose between progression and friends or an environment more conducive to their enjoyment.

They are cheating the community in the public queue of nothing. The Public Queue Community is not entitled to any individuals time or engagement.
You again pit friends and progression against each other as if they must remain mutually exclusive. I disagree.
If you still play the same game as everyone else, why shouldn't you get the same rewards as everyone else? Just because you have a broken matchmaker decide your opponents and teammates shouldn't be the factor that determines weather you're playing real MWO or pretend MWO.

Noone in "real life", since you like to keep bringing it up, gets free equipment for a practice match, they still have to buy their own. Again, noone in "real life" gets paid for a practice or scrimmage match, they only get paid for playing in the real official competition.

Wrong. I could bring up many examples but I'll use myself. If I need a new skill to do my job or need to improve an old one, my employer PAYS me to do it. I think this is actually a bad place to argue since computer game resources are not scarce or limited so that PGI can only hand out so much but your statement is outright false.

Also you keep ignoring the fact the matches are exploitable, and i'm sorry, but its ridiculous to think PGI is going to be able to monitor matches for stat padders and sand baggers.

I put to you again, how badly can it really be exploited? The time spent in a Private Match could as easily been spent in the public queue. They could have earned rewards int he public queue. If exploiting, what would you really think the average difference between an exploited reward and a public reward would be?
Finally, what real effect are you actually protecting the Public Queue from since these players (if new) could just as easily purchase their "God Mech" with MC, practice in Private Matches and then still stomp in the public queue?

Do you really have to continue to end with a quip, insult or impugn malice?

#87 o0Marduk0o

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:36 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 21 February 2014 - 06:20 AM, said:

1) Yes we will go around and around. Yes I can say there is a difference between the two.
EXP= Allows a player to improve the Toons ability

C-Bills Allows the player to upgrade the Toons Equipment.

Similar but different qualities.

You train to become a better player, not to buy/equip and drive a better mech or to unlock pilot skill enhancements. The mech itself or unlocked pilot skill don't reflect your ability to drive a mech.

#88 RichAC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:36 AM

View PostNightfire, on 21 February 2014 - 06:22 AM, said:

I'm failing to see a problem with this. If someone doesn't want to play in the random public queue or wishes to do so occasionally and still plays, purchases MC and does everything else we do in the game, why does anyone care if they don't run public random games?

Because there would be less of a "community" and playerbase for community warfare.

I won't deny that some people would drop the public queues in favor of such a Private Match system. Not everyone would though, it isn't a closed system or 0 sum game. I know at least 9 people I could get to play MWO again if we had a Private Game system we could drop in and it was a viable, progression wise, as the public queue. There are other avenues players could come from.

If you would find such an option more enjoyable, why wouldn't you want it? You're against having a game mode you would find comfortable and enjoy?

Of course not. refer to previous statement.

I agree, such rigged matches could occur. My question to you would be, given that you could just as easily earn rewards in a public queue in the time spent in this Private Match, how much of a difference to your earnings do you think it would make? What real effect would that really have on people in the public queue? These are serious questions and if you don't mind, I'd like serious, considered responses as opposed to emotionally reflexive ones.

Yes! Because you are avoiding the challenge of playing with random teamates and opponents, for easier/faster rewards. Apparently "playing with friends" for "fun" is not your real issue. If cbills were not an issue, why would you care in the first place?

I'm sure PGI also wants to make sure people still actually play CW and other game modes. Which they are working hard on and what keeps them in business, and how they designed this game to be played.

^ this is just one reply i repasted that answers this question, you should actually try reading this thread instead of trolling it "for personal reasons" lol.

Another reason, which you've already quoted from me I didn't bother to reply to, is that if you only progressed in a private match, it would throw the match maker off balance, and your ELO would be invalid, for obivous reasons, when dropping back in with the community. The longer you don't play with the community, the more in accurate your ELO becomes, especially when gaining xp and equipment, meaning abilities and attributes, for obvious reasons.

Again, cheats exist and they exist for MWO. I'm honestly not getting your point. Is it that people cheat and if Private Matches have rewards, people will cheat in them?

I have not noticed any aimbots when spectating players myself, but is this your excuse to encourage PGI to allow an exploitable game mode? ...

Edited by RichAC, 21 February 2014 - 06:48 AM.

#89 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:44 AM

View Posto0Marduk0o, on 21 February 2014 - 06:36 AM, said:

You train to become a better player, not to buy/equip and drive a better mech or to unlock pilot skill enhancements. The mech itself or unlocked pilot skill don't reflect your ability to drive a mech.

And being a Better player earns you better contracts which means you make more money per season and thus do get paid more for training. Which allows you to have better equipment to improve your abilities which go full circle again.

If I am a better pilot/player don't I get more performance out my equipment. NASCAR and Indy drivers practice and practice to shave off .002 seconds a lap or do Stewards and Gordons fall off trees?

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 21 February 2014 - 06:47 AM.

#90 RichAC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:47 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 21 February 2014 - 06:44 AM, said:

And being a Better player earns you better contracts which means you make more money per season and thus do get paid more fore training. Which allows you to have better equipment to improve your abilities which go full circle again.

If I am a better pilot/player don't I get more performance out my equipment. NASCAR and Indy rivers practice and practice to shave off .002 seconds a lap or do Stewards and Gordons fall off trees?

Again, for the third time, I forget which poster stated this, but you don't earn anything playing in a scrimmage or practice match, Only for playing in an official competition....

Nobody gets sponsored because they dominated in training or in a practice match. IT all depends on how they do in real competition, under pressure and in the clutch.

XP and CBILLS have nothing to do with your human abilities!

Edited by RichAC, 21 February 2014 - 06:53 AM.

#91 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:48 AM

View PostRichAC, on 21 February 2014 - 06:47 AM, said:

Again, for the third time, I forget which poster stated this, but you don't earn anything playing in a scrimmage or practice match, Only for playing in an official competition....

What official competition?

#92 RichAC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:51 AM

View PostCurccu, on 21 February 2014 - 06:48 AM, said:

What official competition?

The game modes you get skill rated in. PGI's "official" "ranked" game modes.

Edited by RichAC, 21 February 2014 - 06:52 AM.

#93 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

A PAID ATHLETE GETS PAID FOR THE ENTIRE TERM OF HIS CONTRACT. THAT MEANS HIS TRAINING IS PAID. IF HE DOESN'T TRAIN HE WONT BE AS GOOD AND THUS HE WILL BE WORTH LESS MONEY!

Also I was paid to go to school as an Apprentice, I only got the pay IF I passes the class, but I was paid for every contact hour of the class. So every semester I earned roughly $2000 just for going to school! On top of my hourly wage on the job.

Which means I got paid handsomely to train!

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 21 February 2014 - 06:53 AM.

#94 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

View PostRichAC, on 21 February 2014 - 04:56 AM, said:

scroll back up and read.

In other words you don't have anything to back your statements and digress to meaningless generic comments.

Exactly!

I'm glad you finally agree with me that players in private matches should be awarded with c-bills and exp.

horse manure. Something else you don't understand is that humans have streaks and slumps, its what makes people human. Its not something you can calculate.

Suuureeee. When two same people play against each other like 10 times and one does 10.000 dmg and the other 0 dmg its a slump. Yeah, right. Totally a slump.

scroll back up and read.

I won't even tell you same 'scroll and read' I'll copy-paste it for ya ...
You don't have anything to back your statements and digress to meaningless generic comments.

Hence your ignorance, and a sign of the times. People can affect the game, but that doesn't change what it was developed for.

If you cared one bit for the 'sport' side of MWO you wouldn't bother brining up this topic. It is always down to player vs player, team vs team. You will bring same mech, with same config into your competitive match regardless of whether you earned c-bills for it grinding for a month and exploiting for a day. If anything, your long grind will give you an advantage over a person who cheated as you will have more in-game real experience. If you still think that KDR or Elo or any other stat is a measure of players skill you have no idea about what this sport you keep talking about all the time actually is.

huh? what does this have to do with the stats you want included for yourself in private matches? kill/dmg/assists, they are still stats.

You really are special. I've said it like five times already. I want TWO things to be present in private matches. 1st is c-bill payouts calculated same way they are calculated in public games. 2nd is exp payouts calculated same way they are calculated in public games.

Same way = based on kills/assists/damage done in that particular game.

I have never said I want anything happening in private matches to affect any of my stats, be it KDR, Elo, kills, assists or whatever else you care so much about while I don't. You will always have these 'stats' in any game public or private, but private will not affect/be added to your total career stats.

You sound like a sore loser, who won't be satisfied with anything...

Personal insults do not help you prove your point.

you still have to pay for more then 4 mechs.

It may come as a revelation to you but you don't.

Some people are waiting for CW, some people are waiting for private matches, other people want more competitiveness.

Great but this comment has nothing to do with what it quoted.

You played conterstrike didn't ya? lol You know that is still the most popular fps game on the pc for the past 20 years. Rival with TF2. no sorry mw and bf don't come close(which also don't have more then 4 classes)...

Actually, yes, I did. About same time I played MW4 Mercs, which also had private matches.

#95 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:52 AM

View PostRichAC, on 21 February 2014 - 06:51 AM, said:

The game modes you get skill rated/ranked in.

Do you mean bug queue and ELO?

#96 RichAC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:01 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 21 February 2014 - 06:51 AM, said:

In other words you don't have anything to back your statements and digress to meaningless generic comments.

m glad you finally agree with me that players in private matches should be awarded with c-bills and exp.

I agreed with you its exploitable...

Suuureeee. When two same people play against each other like 10 times and one does 10.000 dmg and the other 0 dmg its a slump. Yeah, right. Totally a slump.

It would depend on the outcomes of previous matches. I don't even know what your talking about here. Are you denying humans have streaks and slumps? Where do you draw the line? Are you going to risk banning innocent players.

If you cared one bit for the 'sport' side of MWO you wouldn't bother brining up this topic. It is always down to player vs player, team vs team. You will bring same mech, with same config into your competitive match regardless of whether you earned c-bills for it grinding for a month and exploiting for a day. If anything, your long grind will give you an advantage over a person who cheated as you will have more in-game real experience. If you still think that KDR or Elo or any other stat is a measure of players skill you have no idea about what this sport you keep talking about all the time actually is.

Not if I haven't earned it yet.... Not if i need those consumables.

You really are special. I've said it like five times already. I want TWO things to be present in private matches. 1st is c-bill payouts calculated same way they are calculated in public games. 2nd is exp payouts calculated same way they are calculated in public games.

Same way = based on kills/assists/damage done in that particular game.

I have never said I want anything happening in private matches to affect any of my stats, be it KDR, Elo, kills, assists or whatever else you care so much about while I don't. You will always have these 'stats' in any game public or private, but private will not affect/be added to your total career stats.

kills/assis/dmgs is a stat. Even if only for that match and not recorded for your career. And you want to get rewarded for those "stats" in an exploitable game mode.

Actually, yes, I did. About same time I played MW4 Mercs, which also had private matches.

Again, there was no character progressions in counterstrike, unless you were playing counterstrike in another dimension....

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 21 February 2014 - 06:51 AM, said:

A PAID ATHLETE GETS PAID FOR THE ENTIRE TERM OF HIS CONTRACT. THAT MEANS HIS TRAINING IS PAID. IF HE DOESN'T TRAIN HE WONT BE AS GOOD AND THUS HE WILL BE WORTH LESS MONEY!

Also I was paid to go to school as an Apprentice, I only got the pay IF I passes the class, but I was paid for every contact hour of the class. So every semester I earned roughly $2000 just for going to school! On top of my hourly wage on the job.

Which means I got paid handsomely to train!

His training does not determine how much he gets paid! Or is the reason why he gets sponsored in the first place.

Edited by RichAC, 21 February 2014 - 07:02 AM.

#97 Nightfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 226 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:04 AM

View PostRichAC, on 21 February 2014 - 06:36 AM, said:

Because there would be less of a "community" and playerbase for community warfare.

No, there would be less players (probably) in the public random queue. The public random queue is not the be and end all of the community. It is not representative of the entire community. It just happens to be the only game modes save 12 mans that we have.

Is your problem with Private Matches that there would be less people in that queue to play with or is it that there would be people playing in a way you don't agree with? It isn't community because the public queue is isn't the entire community.

Of course not. refer to previous statement.

You don't answer anything here. "Because ... community" isn't an answer, it's an evasion.

Yes! Because you are avoiding the challenge of playing with random teamates and opponents, for easier/faster rewards. Apparenlty "playing with friends" for "fun" is not your real issue. If cbills were not an issue, why would you care in the first place?

Ok, you are assuming Private Matches are not challenging or of worth. You have this notion that only Elo Matchmade matches are any test of skill. We both know they aren't, the matchmaker is broken in so many ways. You yourself noted this with the widening of the Elo brackets. You simply cannot claim anything about a comparison between these two modes without any data.

Easier/Faster rewards. Ok, two point response here.
  • You have no way to claim this is the case. Nothing but conjecture.
  • Even if (and this is a huge IF) I accept your premise as true (which I don't), so what? What impact does this really have on anyone else. If there are too many C-Bills being earned in such a mode, PGI can simply tune the Private Match economy by reducing the rewards like they can in any other game mode.

Finally you pit "Playing with Friends" against "Progression" as if they must remain separate! You insist that you cannot have both! I have never said progression doesn't matter but you keep responding as if I had. I would counter, why do you care if they are getting C-Bills for Private Matches?

I'm sure PGI also wants to make sure people still actually play CW and other game modes. Which they are working hard on and what keeps them in business, and how they designed this game to be played.

Private Matches will not stop people playing CW. If anything they will get people practicing for it.
If people want to play other game modes, they will
Private Matches doesn't exclude people purchasing from the store any more than the public queue does. This isn't even an argument.
They originally designed this game with the vision of CW. You assume that a step towards a goal is the final destination.

And hacks for MWO exist now. What is your point here?

^ this is just one reaply i repasted that answers this question, you should actually try reading this thread instead of trolling it "for personal reasons" lol.

It answers no question that I have posed. If cheats for MWO exist now, what bearing does that have on Private Matches having rewards?
As for trolling, point to anything in this thread that could be considered trolling in the slightest. I am addressing the topic in good faith. Prove otherwise or retract.

I have not noticed any aimbots when spectating players myself, but is this your excuse to encourage PGI to allow an exploitable game mode? ...

If permitted, I'd give you a link but that is bannable offense. Suffice to say that because you haven't noticed them is not an authority of their non-existence.
I didn't bring up cheats. Tichorius Davion did. I actually don't think it has any bearing on if Private Matches should have rewards or not.
Are you going to stop beating your wife? You see how those insults work? Stop it already and argue the point, not the person.

Yes, professionals do!

Nobody gets sponsored because they dominated in training or in a practice match. IT all depends on how they do in real competition, under pressure and in the clutch.

Yes, they can! It can and has happened.

XP and CBILLS have nothing to do with your human abilities!

Agreed. But players in video games like progression. Ultimately, this isn't the pro-leagues of some sport. It is a form of entertainment and the players need to be entertained or they will go elsewhere.

#98 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:11 AM

View PostRichAC, on 21 February 2014 - 07:01 AM, said:

[color=#959595]Nobody gets sponsored because they dominated in training or in a practice match. IT all depends on how they do in real competition, under pressure and in the clutch.[/color]
Did Bruce Lee learn the 1"-3" power punch in a Match, or did he practice and practice and study and train till it worked? Sure he didn't get paid for it, but he did get the ability(experience).

And most folks who don't train, choke under the gun.

#99 RichAC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:12 AM

View PostNightfire, on 21 February 2014 - 07:01 AM, said:

No, there would be less players (probably) in the public random queue. The public random queue is not the be and end all of the community. It is not representative of the entire community. It just happens to be the only game modes save 12 mans that we have.

exactly

Is your problem with Private Matches that there would be less people in that queue to play with or is it that there would be people playing in a way you don't agree with? It isn't community because the public queue is isn't the entire community.

refer to previous statement...

Ok, you are assuming Private Matches are not challenging or of worth. You have this notion that only Elo Matchmade matches are any test of skill. We both know they aren't, the matchmaker is broken in so many ways. You yourself noted this with the widening of the Elo brackets. You simply cannot claim anything about a comparison between these two modes without any data.

Easier/Faster rewards. Ok, two point response here.
  • You have no way to claim this is the case. Nothing but conjecture.
  • Even if (and this is a huge IF) I accept your premise as true (which I don't), so what? What impact does this really have on anyone else. If there are too many C-Bills being earned in such a mode, PGI can simply tune the Private Match economy by reducing the rewards like they can in any other game mode.

They shouldn't even reduce the rewards, because besides not participaiting in the community, it will still be xploitable. This is not conjecture, its a fact. 90% of the community disagree with you, I made this poll at your suggestion...lol Should I make another one?

Finally you pit "Playing with Friends" against "Progression" as if they must remain separate! You insist that you cannot have both! I have never said progression doesn't matter but you keep responding as if I had. I would counter, why do you care if they are getting C-Bills for Private Matches?

Why do you care if you don't?

Private Matches will not stop people playing CW. If anything they will get people practicing for it.

If people want to play other game modes, they will
Private Matches doesn't exclude people purchasing from the store any more than the public queue does. This isn't even an argument.
They originally designed this game with the vision of CW. You assume that a step towards a goal is the final destination.

Oh i think alot of people would, and that would make the playerbase in the public game modes smaller.

It answers no question that I have posed. If cheats for MWO exist now, what bearing does that have on Private Matches having rewards?

As for trolling, point to anything in this thread that could be considered trolling in the slightest. I am addressing the topic in good faith. Prove otherwise or retract.

First of all again, i have never noticed an aimbot.

Second, your statement implies that because people already cheat in the game, You don't care if they cheat in a private match..... SHame on you.

If permitted, I'd give you a link but that is bannable offense. Suffice to say that because you haven't noticed them is not an authority of their non-existence.

I didn't bring up cheats. Tichorius Davion did. I actually don't think it has any bearing on if Private Matches should have rewards or not.
Are you going to stop beating your wife? You see how those insults work? Stop it already and argue the point, not the person.

Cheating should not be rewarded in any game mode. Private matches would be the most "cheat-able" game mode there is. And if what you say is true, then these so called "cheaters" would have a field day with private matches, the game would become even more exploited.

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 21 February 2014 - 07:11 AM, said:

Did Bruce Lee learn the 1"-3" power punch in a Match, or did he practice and practice and study and train till it worked? Sure he didn't get paid for it, but he did get the ability(experience).

And most folks who don't train, choke under the gun.

haha your in your own world man. your out there...

again, noone gets paid, or sponsored for how well they do in training or practice.

And again, cbills and xp have nothing to do with your improving your human/physical attributes.

#100 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:14 AM

Rich you haven't been here all that long, I have seen a few matches that made me raise an eyebrow about possible Aimbots during closed beta. there is also a site that supposedly will sell you the download for it. I have seen it.

21 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 21 guests, 0 anonymous users