Players In Private Matches Getting Rewarded The Same As Those In Public Community Game Modes.

225 replies to this topic

Poll: Private Matches being rewarded.. (179 member(s) have cast votes)

Should players in private matches, when they are implemented, be ranked and rewarded with cbills and xp?

1. Yes (31 votes [17.32%])

Percentage of vote: 17.32%

2. No (148 votes [82.68%])

Percentage of vote: 82.68%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:36 AM

View PostRichAC, on 21 February 2014 - 10:23 AM, said:

Michael Jordan wasn't drafted for doing those things in Practice bud.

Unlike War, this game should be played fairly bud, Sorry this isn't the roleplaying simulation based on the book you want.

So you dont think Dev Paul will stick to his guns? Like Nightfire, do you also think I rigged this Poll? lmao....

Nope he got drafted because he did those things. If he hadn't he would not be at all as good as he was, remember is venture into baseball???

Polls and statistics can and do get manipulated. Depending on your wording you very well could have purposely tried to slant the results.

Should players in private matches, when they are implemented, be ranked and rewarded the same as those in public community game modes?

Is a bit biased. I even posted that the reward should not be the same as playing the CW game. and agreed with an alternative reward system that made sense by Tichorius Davion.

I voted Yes, but not because I think PMs should have exactly the same reward system, but they do deserve some type of reward, in case it is the only part of the game some people play. They do deserve to be rewarded some how for their participation an probable purchases for the game.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 21 February 2014 - 10:57 AM.

#122 RichAC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:51 AM

It is not and that is blatantly dishonest. One can not be a cheater, not condone cheating and still be able to critically cheating and various forms. We do this with crimes, yet anyone who looks at one crime being worse than another crime is not judged as a criminal or defending crime.

Not condone cheating and critically cheating? did you mean criticize? Thats just it, he wasn't criticizing any of it. Like you, by trying to determine how much it would actually affect the community, he is trying to find excuses to condone it.... With crimes, That would only be true, if you in fact were to admit the action is a crime in the first place....

Really!? Not only do you blatantly lie here, you use my name as an insult again? you know what? ... Let me quote that since you want to keep bringing it back!

This was the challenge IceSerpent put forward that you failed to meet.

This is me partially defending your position that there is indeed one company that indeed does provide said support but only because they sell the hardware.

This is you, blatantly twisting, straw-manning and lying. Trying to turn my partial defense of your position into me claiming WoW only had macros to sell their mice ... ?

and here again, repeating the lie to try and convince people it was true.

If you're going to do this sort of stuff, try and do it about things that people can't just go back and easily disprove.
I retract nothing. I offer a full dissection of that conversation here.

I thought you were going to quote something? And why would you consider me using your name here an insult? lol

This, while a nice rant, has nothing to do with why Private Matches shouldn't get rewards.

Your buddy was talking about how he would be forced to pay for the game, or play with "*******" as he politely put it, if he cannot get xp/cbills for private matches. He also went on to state, that it would be boring to play with the same 4 mechs all the time......

Well the truth is, the game is free to play. And if he wanted to master more then 4 mechs, he would have to pay money anywas to get more mech bay slots.....which has nothing to do with private matches at all......rant over...lmao.

I disagree strongly with yours also. I play with many players who would I would consider to be in the top brackets and I have had people in trial mechs who haven't a clue. The matchmaker is terribly broken. This is actually a precursor to a position that you yourself have put forward. That the Elo range for the Matchmaker has been widened because of the low player base.

Well, do you drop solo or with a premade all the time. I notice that when dropping solo, I will never see certain players in a match. Its just a fact.

Once again, argue the point put forward, don't attack the person

His point was that he would quit the game, if he couldn't only play with friends and get xp and cbills. I said goodbye to him.

Having a different game mode have rewards doesn't automatically lead to them being a sub-community of cheaters. You have no grounds or basis for making that claim

Of course not, I've also included UNSPORTLIKE behavior. Because when they demand they get cbills and xp the same as everyone else participating with the community, it does...And when you guys start defending ways to exploit the game, or try to determine to what degree certain exploits negatively affect the community, as if it matters, its extremely unsportlike.

Yeah, no we don't. We have a strong suspicion that there is room for exploitation but people exploit the Random Public Queue now. If we apply the same logic, should we abolish the public queue because people exploit sync dropping?

Nobody is talking abolishing private matches.....I don't what logic your referring to.... We know 100% for a fact private matches can be exploited.

But you bring up a good point, the excuse many have for sync dropping is "to play with friends" what people like you and ice serpent and phoenix admit and confirm, that is not what its about at all. Its about exploiting the game, and some people will still be doing this even with private matches.

Also unlike the exploits possible in private matches. There is really nothing that PGI can do to stop sync dropping. An ELO helps a bit, a bigger community can also help. But the the only thing that would deter sync dropping, is a community that is vocal against it.

Edited by RichAC, 21 February 2014 - 10:51 AM.

#123 RichAC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:58 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 21 February 2014 - 10:36 AM, said:

Nope he got drafted because he did those things. If he hadn't he would not be at all as good as he was, remember is venture into baseball???

it wasn't because he did this in practice matches lol

Polls and statistics can and do get manipulated. Depending on your wording you very well could have purposely tried to slant the results.

HAHAHA, and you and Nightfire, and your kid protege phoenix, might very well frequent hack sites, and use bots in MWO, since you all have such initimate knowledge on such matters.... I'm not that type of person....

Is a bit biased. I even posted that the reward should not be the same as playing the CW game. and agreed with an alternative reward system that made sense.

There should be no reward at all.

I voted Yes, but not because I think PMs should have exactly the same reward system, but they do deserve some type of reward, in case it is the only part of the game some people play. They do deserve to be rewarded some how for their participation an probable purchases for the game.

They should only be rewarded if participating with the community. Otherwise, the reward is the satisfaction of getting to play with friends and set up your own matches and rules.

Edited by RichAC, 21 February 2014 - 10:59 AM.

#124 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:59 AM

I would be fine if private matches had no rewards and 100% R&R. If you want to take up valuable server space so you can play in your own (rather than PGI's) sandbox ya gotta pay for it. :)

#125 RichAC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:00 AM

View PostDavers, on 21 February 2014 - 10:59 AM, said:

I would be fine if private matches had no rewards and 100% R&R. If you want to take up valuable server space so you can play in your own (rather than PGI's) sandbox ya gotta pay for it. :D

Good point Davers.

Or be "forced" to play the game mode PGI is designing their game around to earn xp and cbills :)

Edited by RichAC, 21 February 2014 - 11:04 AM.

#126 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:00 AM

Actually we don't knw 100% for a fact, cause until we have PMs in MW:O we DON'T know haw they can or cant be exploited. :D

All we know is how other games have been exploited in the past. Which allows us to learn from their mistakes. :)

#127 RichAC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:01 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 21 February 2014 - 11:00 AM, said:

Actually we don't knw 100% for a fact, cause until we have PMs in MW:O we DON'T know haw they can or cant be exploited. :D

All we know is how other games have been exploited in the past. Which allows us to learn from their mistakes. :)

/facepalm.

Private matches are exploitable in any type of game. It has nothing to do specifically with MWO. Of course we know 100% that they can be exploited. Sometimes common sense is just not that common I guess.

Edited by RichAC, 21 February 2014 - 11:02 AM.

#128 Nightfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 226 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:06 AM

View PostRichAC, on 21 February 2014 - 08:35 AM, said:

More like the game mode PGI is designing this game around, by your own admission. And the game mode 90% of the community prefer. If you don't like the game don't play it. A Dev already said private matches will not be rewarded. To continue to argue against the devs themselves and 90% of this community, is whats selfish.
  • Actually, I didn't admit any such thing. Please quote me otherwise and I will acknowledge my error.
  • What I did concede is that these are the game modes we have NOW! My belief is that the game is ultimately being designed around CW, that is a very different thing.
  • You have no clue what the community prefers. We only have 3 game modes and they are all Public Random Drops. You have no grounds for making a 90% claim.
  • Smartest thing you've said all day though it does appear to reinforce my belief that your stance is "Play the game the way I want you to or don't get rewards!"
  • A dev did, though they have changed their minds before. 3rd person view was promised to never happen. Coolant Flush was vowed to never be a thing. I think I have a reasonable enough case to be put forward for consideration.
  • How is presenting a reasoned and thought out argument in and of itself selfish? Because it might work and you don't want it to?

Thats the point, they would not be participating with the community. Only their private community. Which is fine, as long as they understand, to get the benefits everyone else does, they need to participate with the whole community.
  • You need to divorce yourself first from this belief that the community is only the Public Random Queue. It isn't. Players don't suddenly get ejected from the community because they play a different game mode.
  • "Only their private community" Do you imagine that there will be no way to participate in this unless specifically invited? I remember this concept most closely resembling the MW3/4 multi-player options. Groups were listed and you could join them if you wished. It's true you could be ejected from that group or they could be locked private but there were mechanisms by which you could find matches and participate in this mode. You seem intent on painting the image that these players will all be locked away and never interact with anyone else who plays MWO, ever again. It is a juvenile concept.
  • Why do they need to participate in the Public Random Queue if they want rewards? Why should they be forced into a game mode they enjoy less just so they can progress? Because you want more players in your preferred game mode?

What a troll..hahah. As if the fact its exploitable isn't enough..... I've addressed these points over and over again. Everytime you ask me this I will just keep reposting this:
  • You have yet to point out any instance of trolling on my behalf in this thread. This is evasion and insulting.
  • No, just saying it is potentially exploitable is NOT enough. The Random Public Queue is not only potentially exploitable, it is exploited. I don't count that as reason enough to demand we scrap the Random Public Queue.
  • Where have you addressed my questions? Even a link to the appropriate post will do. Your pat answer here is a return to your deflection techniques when you can't defend your position. I've been civil enough in arguing your points, how about you extend the same curtsey?

Because you are avoiding the challenge of playing with random teamates and opponents, for easier/faster rewards. Apparently "playing with friends" for "fun" is not your real issue. If cbills were not an issue, why would you care in the first place?

I'm sure PGI also wants to make sure people still actually play CW and other game modes. Which they are working hard on and what keeps them in business, and how they designed this game to be played.

^ this is just one reply i repasted that answers this question, you should actually try reading this thread instead of trolling it "for personal reasons" lol.

I've addressed these also here. I would appreciate that you read and address my response instead of claiming I just don't read them.
You have no grounds for saying Private Matches would be more or less Challenging. Additionally, being more challenging is not a reason in its own right.
The final point, Private Matches having rewards will not deprive PGI of income. The same drivers that encourage players to make MC purchases in the Public Random Queue also exist in Private Matches. This is a non-argument.

Another reason, which you've already quoted from me I didn't bother to reply to, is that if you only progressed in a private match, it would throw the match maker off balance, and your ELO would be invalid, for obivous reasons, when dropping back in with the community. The longer you don't play with the community, the more in accurate your ELO becomes, especially when gaining xp and equipment, meaning abilities and attributes, for obvious reasons.

I addressed this also here.
Private Matches don't affect Elo at all so that actual playing of Private Matches won't have any effect.
If you improve in Private Matches, Elo will correct that but not having rewards won't stop this effect happening.
Gaining equipment will not stop you purchasing the same things with MC and having the same effect. You protect the public queue from nothing.

HAHAHA.... The reason why, is because there is no "choice" Its fun to read insane replies like this....

You are having this discussion with several people who are obviously of the opinion that there is a distinction between the two positions you tied together and you can honestly say "because there is no "choice"? The fact we are having this discussion is proof there is!

Should Private Matches be ranked by Elo? Of course not because Elo has no place in self selected matches, it is only used for the matchmaker and should only be used with the matchmaker. No one disagrees with this.

Should Private Matches be Rewarded? You have several people arguing that yes, they should be. The fact that you cling to this idea that "there is no choice" shows that you are thinking about this and you are not open to discussion about this.

You can still play with friends in a 4 man. Or you can form a 12 man.

And that is why there was a mass exodus of the old players. They went to games that cater for their desire to play with more than 4 of their friends at a time. Simply stating the status quo is not debating the pro's and con's of a situation. It is saying "I'm right ... because". 100 odd years ago you could lawfully own slaves. Does that make it right and above discussion?

I disagree and refer to the first statement of this post.

So your position here is the game is not being designed around CW? CW is what? An after thought to keep those who play in whining pre-mades happy?
Or is your point that PGI is developing the game around Public Random Queues and they simply cannot have another mode of play become more popular because ... Cheetos?
When you don't respond to the point and say "refer to this paragraph" you don't address the point, you are unclear and don't really say anything. If it is that applicable are you saying it is vastly too difficult to copy and paste?

You "know" they do? hmmm

Yes, I know they do. Knowledge of these things doesn't mean anything else other than I know.

And I disagree that cheating and exploitation be treated any different. Why would you even want to have a debate on that? Cheat-able, exploitable, pure semantics. Just like a criminal is a crimnal, we don't have to argue the diffrence between their crimes. They both go directly to jail and don't pass go...lol

I never said Cheating and Exploitation should be treated any different, I never entered the discussion on how they should be treated. I said that there is a difference and there is. I make that distinction to try and put to rest this whole hacking issue which is largely irrelevant to this discussion. It makes no difference what game mode a cheater cheats in, they will still have the same outcomes. Exploitation is what we should be discussing and I still pur forward the question, how badly could Private Matches be exploited? It is a relevant question. If we are indulging a large effort to stop 10% of people gaining and extra 100 C-Bills per match, is this really a large issue since it doesn't directly affect anyone else? These things do matter!

To clear your analogy up a little:
Yes we do argue the difference between people's crimes. You can be fined, diverted, have a suspended sentence, be sentenced to jail for varying lengths of time based on the severity of the crime or even be put to death. All crimes don't have the same penalties. All exploits aren't perm-ban forever level offenses.

'RichAC': "Sporstmanship is required, whether its a video game, and athletic sport or board game."

Yeah, stop with the sportsmanship references. You've shown that you will side step a persons argument and attack the person as soon as you can't defend your position, you don't get to talk about sportsmanship.

#129 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:13 AM

View PostRichAC, on 21 February 2014 - 10:58 AM, said:

it wasn't because he did this in practice matches lol
You think he was just awesome as soon as he could walk? He had to practice to get good, then practice some more to become great then he practiced even more t become a legend. If you don't think so, go join the NBA! :D

HAHAHA, and you and Nightfire, and your kid protege phoenix, might very well frequent hack sites, and use bots in MWO, since you all have such initimate knowledge on such matters.... I'm not that type of person....
Nice try. I have intimate knowledge of how to kill dozens of people at a time, thanks to my infantry training, doesn't mean I have ever done it. So nice stretch there sir.

There should be no reward at all.
We will continue to disagree.

They should only be rewarded if participating with the community. Otherwise, the reward is the satisfaction of getting to play with friends and set up your own matches and rules.
Still playing the game, still investing money... why deny prizes for the investment of time and money?

And you still have not comeback with a rebuttal for my being paid to train as a Toolmaker and for just going to classes on MY time?

There are valid reasons to reward PM play as there are valid reasons to limit any abuse from those rewards. Tich has a good
alternative :) .

View PostRichAC, on 21 February 2014 - 11:01 AM, said:

/facepalm.

Private matches are exploitable in any type of game. It has nothing to do specifically with MWO. Of course we know 100% that they can be exploited. Sometimes common sense is just not that common I guess.

What we only know is other private matches are exploitable. That is pretty much common knowledge, you are just running with the established and refusing to look for ways to change the old ways.

#130 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:16 AM

View PostDavers, on 21 February 2014 - 10:59 AM, said:

I would be fine if private matches had no rewards and 100% R&R. If you want to take up valuable server space so you can play in your own (rather than PGI's) sandbox ya gotta pay for it. :)

I'm pretty sure PGI has stated at some point that private match will require premium time so we will PAY for it with REAL MONEY. So unlike bug game leeches private match players are actually paying for their servers.

View PostRichAC, on 21 February 2014 - 11:01 AM, said:

/facepalm.

Sometimes common sense is just not that common I guess.

I totally agree on that with you..

#131 Nightfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 226 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:16 AM

View PostRichAC, on 21 February 2014 - 09:07 AM, said:

This whole poll was rhetorical, its all based on common sense, and was made for nightfire at his suggestion.

Rhetorical means you don't require an answer. By not only soliciting responses to your poll but by then referring to them as proof (after you biased the question) you have shown this was far from rhetorical. This was done for affirmation.
It wasn't quite what I suggested but hey, I'll give you props for at least trying to put this out there.

xp is more of an advantage and reward, then cbills.

I disagree but then again, I don't see that much of a difference between them. I do know that Xp has a limited span of usefulness until it just accumulates with nothing to spend it on.

You have not proved pro athletes or sportsmen, get sponsored or paid for how well they do in training lmao. Even though that has nothing to do with anything.

My first job, I was hired based on my performance in a training course. What Joseph was actually referring to was that Pro-Athletes get paid a salary which means their time in game and in practice is paid and bought. They, in essence, get paid to train.

Since, And again xp, has nothing to do with improving your physical attributes, which along with better tactics, also comes from practice and is rewarding in itself.

XP covers the entire character experience, thus being called 'experience'. Joseph's argument is sound even though I believe inapplicable. I don't believe this is the angle we should be looking at the problem.

#132 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:24 AM

View PostCurccu, on 21 February 2014 - 11:16 AM, said:

I totally agree on that with you..
I agree too. It constantly surprises me how something So simple is not grasped b more folks!

#133 Nightfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 226 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:25 AM

View PostRichAC, on 21 February 2014 - 10:23 AM, said:

Unlike War, this game should be played fairly bud, Sorry this isn't the roleplaying simulation based on the book you want.

Sort yourself out RichAC quit insulting the person instead of addressing the argument!
If you want to stick to the matchmaker, that's fine. That doesn't mean that what happens in a Private Match isn't fair and you don't get to insinuate otherwise. If all parties are consenting in the private match, then it is fair regardless of the outcome.

Additionally, XP is a mechanism used only in Role-playing aspects, would you like to ask the devs to remove it?

So you dont think Dev Paul will stick to his guns? Like Nightfire, do you also think I rigged this Poll? lmao....

The poll is rigged. Demonstrably so! Any first year post-grad could tell you that.

#134 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:25 AM

Players should have to pay cbills - like 50,000, for each private match they drop in. as a fee for training. Also, this keeps people playing real battles to earn money. otherwise whole sections might just start private matching.

nevermind the abuse possible with stats/income if prive matches are part of the system and your choosing your opponents.

#135 RichAC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:26 AM

View PostNightfire, on 21 February 2014 - 11:06 AM, said:

• Actually, I didn't admit any such thing. Please quote me otherwise and I will acknowledge my error.
  • What I did concede is that these are the game modes we have NOW! My belief is that the game is ultimately being designed around CW, that is a very different thing.
  • You have no clue what the community prefers. We only have 3 game modes and they are all Public Random Drops. You have no grounds for making a 90% claim.
  • Smartest thing you've said all day though it does appear to reinforce my belief that your stance is "Play the game the way I want you to or don't get rewards!"
  • A dev did, though they have changed their minds before. 3rd person view was promised to never happen. Coolant Flush was vowed to never be a thing. I think I have a reasonable enough case to be put forward for consideration.
  • How is presenting a reasoned and thought out argument in and of itself selfish? Because it might work and you don't want it to?
  • You need to divorce yourself first from this belief that the community is only the Public Random Queue. It isn't. Players don't suddenly get ejected from the community because they play a different game mode.
  • "Only their private community" Do you imagine that there will be no way to participate in this unless specifically invited? I remember this concept most closely resembling the MW3/4 multi-player options. Groups were listed and you could join them if you wished. It's true you could be ejected from that group or they could be locked private but there were mechanisms by which you could find matches and participate in this mode. You seem intent on painting the image that these players will all be locked away and never interact with anyone else who plays MWO, ever again. It is a juvenile concept.
  • Why do they need to participate in the Public Random Queue if they want rewards? Why should they be forced into a game mode they enjoy less just so they can progress? Because you want more players in your preferred game mode?
  • You have yet to point out any instance of trolling on my behalf in this thread. This is evasion and insulting.
  • No, just saying it is potentially exploitable is NOT enough. The Random Public Queue is not only potentially exploitable, it is exploited. I don't count that as reason enough to demand we scrap the Random Public Queue.
  • Where have you addressed my questions? Even a link to the appropriate post will do. Your pat answer here is a return to your deflection techniques when you can't defend your position. I've been civil enough in arguing your points, how about you extend the same curtsey?
So you never admitted the game is being designed around CW, but its your belief the game is being designed around cw. lmao you contradict yourself in your first two points? .... I'll still address some of your points...sigh.

This is maybe not total proof of what the community wants, but this poll, at your request, is a pretty accurate microcosm my friend...lol I believe 90% of this community would rather play CW, as opposed to private matches....and not only because of the cbill/xp.

As far as the devs changing their minds about things, 3rd person view? How is that an exploit or unfair advantage? Coolant Flush? Well, this would only be unfair if some people were able to exploit private matches to get the cbills to buy them! lol otherwise its available to everyone with the same effort.

As for the difference between exploiting a private match and syncdropping in a public qeue. Refer to my previous post to you...

I've addressed these also here. I would appreciate that you read and address my response instead of claiming I just don't read them.

You have no grounds for saying Private Matches would be more or less Challenging. Additionally, being more challenging is not a reason in its own right.
The final point, Private Matches having rewards will not deprive PGI of income. The same drivers that encourage players to make MC purchases in the Public Random Queue also exist in Private Matches. This is a non-argument.

They are definitely less challenging when they are exploited.... And when people can get cbills faster and easier, they would probably be less likely to buy a mech instead, if they otherwise would of.... Unfair when everyone else has to grind normally...

I addressed this also here.

Private Matches don't affect Elo at all so that actual playing of Private Matches won't have any effect.
If you improve in Private Matches, Elo will correct that but not having rewards won't stop this effect happening.
Gaining equipment will not stop you purchasing the same things with MC and having the same effect. You protect the public queue from nothing.

IF they were to record ELO, and peole were to sandbag with their friends it sure would. And even if that wasn't their intention, playing with the same people all the time would have an ELO that reflects that, that isn't accurately calculated against the rest of the whole community.

Also, when we reward them with cbills and xp, for obvious reasons they will be scoring differently when dropping back into the community because of those attribute and ability advances they have gained as well...

You are having this discussion with several people who are obviously of the opinion that there is a distinction between the two positions you tied together and you can honestly say "because there is no "choice"? The fact we are having this discussion is proof there is!

Should Private Matches be ranked by Elo? Of course not because Elo has no place in self selected matches, it is only used for the matchmaker and should only be used with the matchmaker. No one disagrees with this.

Should Private Matches be Rewarded? You have several people arguing that yes, they should be. The fact that you cling to this idea that "there is no choice" shows that you are thinking about this and you are not open to discussion about this.

I believe an ELO is for more fair and competitive matches. And it is my belief, that if such matches were to be rewarded, that is something that is absolutely nescessary. If private matches are going to be self selected, they should have neither.

And that is why there was a mass exodus of the old players. They went to games that cater for their desire to play with more than 4 of their friends at a time. Simply stating the status quo is not debating the pro's and con's of a situation. It is saying "I'm right ... because". 100 odd years ago you could lawfully own slaves. Does that make it right and above discussion?

Soon they will get private matches, and they can play with everyone they want :)

So your position here is the game is not being designed around CW? CW is what? An after thought to keep those who play in whining pre-mades happy?

Or is your point that PGI is developing the game around Public Random Queues and they simply cannot have another mode of play become more popular because ... Cheetos?
When you don't respond to the point and say "refer to this paragraph" you don't address the point, you are unclear and don't really say anything. If it is that applicable are you saying it is vastly too difficult to copy and paste?

The game is already based around their reward system.

I never said Cheating and Exploitation should be treated any different, I never entered the discussion on how they should be treated. I said that there is a difference and there is. I make that distinction to try and put to rest this whole hacking issue which is largely irrelevant to this discussion. It makes no difference what game mode a cheater cheats in, they will still have the same outcomes. Exploitation is what we should be discussing and I still pur forward the question, how badly could Private Matches be exploited? It is a relevant question. If we are indulging a large effort to stop 10% of people gaining and extra 100 C-Bills per match, is this really a large issue since it doesn't directly affect anyone else? These things do matter!

To clear your analogy up a little:
Yes we do argue the difference between people's crimes. You can be fined, diverted, have a suspended sentence, be sentenced to jail for varying lengths of time based on the severity of the crime or even be put to death. All crimes don't have the same penalties. All exploits aren't perm-ban forever level offenses.

All crimes are crimes, All cheats are cheats, why try to bring up the differences between them in this discussion, if not to condone one more then the other?

Yeah, stop with the sportsmanship references. You've shown that you will side step a persons argument and attack the person as soon as you can't defend your position, you don't get to talk about sportsmanship.

But sportsmanship this is the key understanding you personally lack! :D I think maybe like Joseph, you only have "gamesmanship"

Edited by RichAC, 21 February 2014 - 11:29 AM.

#136 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:27 AM

View PostNightfire, on 21 February 2014 - 11:16 AM, said:

XP covers the entire character experience, thus being called 'experience'. Joseph's argument is sound even though I believe inapplicable. I don't believe this is the angle we should be looking at the problem.
I'd welcome your spin on where I went wrong to your understanding NightFire. :) Bet it leads to some cool ideas for alternatives! :D

#137 RichAC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:31 AM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 21 February 2014 - 11:25 AM, said:

Players should have to pay cbills - like 50,000, for each private match they drop in. as a fee for training. Also, this keeps people playing real battles to earn money. otherwise whole sections might just start private matching.

nevermind the abuse possible with stats/income if prive matches are part of the system and your choosing your opponents.

True, seems a little steep, but a good suggestion.

#138 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:31 AM

View PostNightfire, on 21 February 2014 - 11:25 AM, said:

The poll is rigged. Demonstrably so! Any first year post-grad could tell you that.
Eccept for my 1st year CJ studies and Apprenticeship training, I know I fall way short of being a post grad... and I saw the slant in his poll question! :)

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 21 February 2014 - 11:34 AM.

#139 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:34 AM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 21 February 2014 - 11:25 AM, said:

I an see this as reasonable. Its a good place to start!

#140 RichAC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:35 AM

View PostNightfire, on 21 February 2014 - 11:25 AM, said:

Sort yourself out RichAC quit insulting the person instead of addressing the argument!
If you want to stick to the matchmaker, that's fine. That doesn't mean that what happens in a Private Match isn't fair and you don't get to insinuate otherwise. If all parties are consenting in the private match, then it is fair regardless of the outcome.

Additionally, XP is a mechanism used only in Role-playing aspects, would you like to ask the devs to remove it?

Why do you and Joe keep commenting that I am insulting people? Is this why you keep trolling, trying to get me banned? Thats not an insult at all imo, no more insulting then you are some other posters are. STop being so sensitive.

And if all parties consent in a private match? to do what? cheat? then its fair?......

Ok guy....w/e you say....I'm sure PGI has done their own polling on this subject already, and they have already come to a conclusion..... if you think they would change their mind, on something so exploitable as this....that 90% of players are against according to this poll(that i didn't rig).....your crazy.

Edited by RichAC, 21 February 2014 - 11:43 AM.

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users