1007 replies to this topic

#41 xMintaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 882 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:22 AM

View PostPalmaRoma, on 23 February 2014 - 10:08 AM, said:

Misery half off, that is dead sexy, that was an insta- buy from me. No second thoughts. I'm hoping for the dragon slayer to be half off tomorrow.

Likewise, except I'm waiting on the Heavy Metal.

View PostTerciel1976, on 23 February 2014 - 10:12 AM, said:

Man you guys are fast. ;)

And the "bad heroes" whining can stop.

Get Miserable, kids. It rocks.

View PostAppogee, on 23 February 2014 - 10:14 AM, said:

Misery is a good buy.

Yes, yes it is. Awesome mech, just sloooooooooow.

#42 shellashock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 439 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:55 AM

Has TDK gone on sale yet? I wanted to get it when it was 30% off but didn't have the MC. Hope it will show up one day on one of these flash sales.

In related news, I really should have waited for this Misery 50% off sale. I thought I would have had to wait for another half year at least until we would see the Misery on sale again so I broke down and got it for 30%. Not a bad deal though.

Keep it up PGI!

#43 xMintaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 882 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:18 AM

View Postshellashock, on 23 February 2014 - 10:55 AM, said:

Has TDK gone on sale yet? I wanted to get it when it was 30% off but didn't have the MC. Hope it will show up one day on one of these flash sales.

In related news, I really should have waited for this Misery 50% off sale. I thought I would have had to wait for another half year at least until we would see the Misery on sale again so I broke down and got it for 30%. Not a bad deal though.

Keep it up PGI!

Not since UI2.0. It's real cheap as it is though, but if you can reasonably expect it half off at some point soon, I guess waiting makes sense.

They seem to be cycling hero mechs, so it's just a case of being patient. I know I really want a Yen-Lo, Firebrand, Heavy Metal and Grid Iron and having a fair amount of MC sitting there is tempting.

But it's clearly a better idea to wait. Just gutted I didn't buy the Flame when it was on sale a few days ago. One of the guys in my unit has been posting about how great he's been doing in it and I'm jealous ;)

#44 CSHubert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 408 posts
  • LocationDenmark -Northern Europe

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:24 AM

View Postshellashock, on 23 February 2014 - 10:55 AM, said:

Keep it up PGI!

TDK hasnt been on sale yet. Hoping for sale on Ember so I can get that into my family of smurfs...

#45 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:43 AM

Oh, it's the Misery? Will have to think about that. I want an Ember, and I can't afford both even 50% off, so I may have to wait. Misery may be a little too expensive given what I else I'm saving up my MC for. (3187 MC?)

#46 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:53 AM

View PostBront, on 23 February 2014 - 11:43 AM, said:

Oh, it's the Misery? Will have to think about that. I want an Ember, and I can't afford both even 50% off, so I may have to wait. Misery may be a little too expensive given what I else I'm saving up my MC for. (3187 MC?)

Personal preference, IMO. Both are top-flight monsters.

I bought Misery at the last 30% sale and have no regrets. Paid full price for Ember and have no regrets (I view a mech as a mech, so I'll pay full price for a light or medium hero I want, but need a sale for heavy or assault)

#47 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:03 PM

Just a few hours ago it was the boar's head.

My Misery is the closest thing to meta that I run. Twin PPCs + AC/5 + 2 SL + 1 SPL + SRM-4.

For most hero mechs I have stock play and upgraded play available on my channel just search by the hero name.

Edited by Koniving, 23 February 2014 - 12:06 PM.

#48 xMintaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 882 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:05 PM

View PostKoniving, on 23 February 2014 - 12:03 PM, said:

Just a few hours ago it was the boar's head.

My Misery is the closest thing to meta that I run. Twin PPCs + AC/5 + 2 SL + 1 SPL + SRM-4.

You run a small calibre AC on the Misery? I'd say you're mad, but practically all of your videos seem to emphasise that madness = brilliance.

#49 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:08 PM

View PostLunatech, on 23 February 2014 - 12:05 PM, said:

You run a small calibre AC on the Misery? I'd say you're mad, but practically all of your videos seem to emphasise that madness = brilliance.

A high caliber AC lacks speed or range. AC/5 can keep up with a PPC. An AC/10 falls short. An AC/20 I could throw in a pizza, call the girlfriend, make some coffee, drink it and eat the pizza, then come back and I just might catch when the AC/20 hits...the ground 400 meters short from my target.

If they're close, they're too close.

In a brawl.

Ideal circumstances (but terrible aiming due to couch-arm being used as mouse pad).

The early days (shows this design has lasted the test of time).

Edited by Koniving, 23 February 2014 - 12:16 PM.

#50 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:09 PM

View PostTerciel1976, on 23 February 2014 - 11:53 AM, said:

Personal preference, IMO. Both are top-flight monsters.

I bought Misery at the last 30% sale and have no regrets. Paid full price for Ember and have no regrets (I view a mech as a mech, so I'll pay full price for a light or medium hero I want, but need a sale for heavy or assault)

By too expensive, I mean I have a budget, am looking for 2 colors to go on sale, might want a few more mechbays, and have no plans on buying more MC anytime soon. Misery is a lovely mech, but I also would need a mechbay for it (Though I'd probably replace my 5M, so maybe not), and I'd not have MC left for more than 1 of the paints (whenever they go on sale), though I could probably live with it (Want a different blue and green than the basics). On the other hand, if the Ember ever goes on sale, I can snag that, a bunch of mech bays, and the paint.

I've got time to mull it over.

#51 AssaultPig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 907 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:22 PM

Turns out that when you fire your community manager, stuff like this doesn't get publicized. I wonder how many sales they've lost just because people weren't aware that the misery or the boar's head were on sale.

It'd be nice if there were at least an icon in the store that marked the discounted mechs.

#52 dragnier1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:27 PM

Got the jester at 50%, nice ;)

Have to sit out the misery, already have it :/

#53 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:28 PM

View PostAssaultPig, on 23 February 2014 - 12:22 PM, said:

Turns out that when you fire your community manager, stuff like this doesn't get publicized. I wonder how many sales they've lost just because people weren't aware that the misery or the boar's head were on sale.

I had the same reaction. But maybe it's some kind of market test.

I've been spending the 20% discounted MC I bought at Christmas. That makes them 70% off ... which approaches a reasonable price for what is essentially a bunch of pixels that earn space bux ;).

Edited by Appogee, 23 February 2014 - 12:29 PM.

#54 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:39 PM

View PostBront, on 23 February 2014 - 12:09 PM, said:

By too expensive, I mean I have a budget, am looking for 2 colors to go on sale, might want a few more mechbays, and have no plans on buying more MC anytime soon. Misery is a lovely mech, but I also would need a mechbay for it (Though I'd probably replace my 5M, so maybe not), and I'd not have MC left for more than 1 of the paints (whenever they go on sale), though I could probably live with it (Want a different blue and green than the basics). On the other hand, if the Ember ever goes on sale, I can snag that, a bunch of mech bays, and the paint.

I've got time to mull it over.

I understand, and wasn't meaning to down play that. Sorry if it came off that way. Was just commenting that they're both excellent and I've enjoyed having both (plus tossing in that Bigger mechs=more expensive doesn't jibe with my own value equation).

#55 xMintaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 882 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:50 PM

It'd be nice if there were at least an icon in the store that marked the discounted mechs.

Which is why I'm telling everyone in almost every game/any group I jump into on TS. May as well help the sales a bit.

View PostKoniving, on 23 February 2014 - 12:08 PM, said:

A high caliber AC lacks speed or range. AC/5 can keep up with a PPC. An AC/10 falls short. An AC/20 I could throw in a pizza, call the girlfriend, make some coffee, drink it and eat the pizza, then come back and I just might catch when the AC/20 hits...the ground 400 meters short from my target.

If they're close, they're too close.

In a brawl.

Ideal circumstances (but terrible aiming due to couch-arm being used as mouse pad).

The early days (shows this design has lasted the test of time).

Hah! This is true. Trying to sync the AC20 and PPC rounds to hit at the same time is... interesting to say the least. But one gets the impression that superior piloting skills make up for the lack of up-front damage.

From all the Misery's I've spectated the AC20 + PPC combo seems to be the one for racking up huge damage and/or kills. But once I get this XP'd out, consider your build stolen for testing in mediocre hands.

Edit: Huh, reverse engineering that in Smurfy, you only lose 7.4 alpha and the DPS is a fair bit higher.

Edited by Lunatech, 23 February 2014 - 12:51 PM.

#56 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:53 PM

Trouble with them is the significantly slower nature they have in addition to how easy it is for a machine gun or LB-10x build to strip their AC/20 out without even destroying the side torso.

It consumes all but 2 slots in that side torso and has 18 health. 2 PPCs alone would destroy it without even having to destroy the side torso. A lucky shot with a single PPC can do it instantly.

#57 dragnier1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 01:22 PM

Turns out that when you fire your community manager, stuff like this doesn't get publicized. I wonder how many sales they've lost just because people weren't aware that the misery or the boar's head were on sale. It'd be nice if there were at least an icon in the store that marked the discounted mechs.

Maybe they just don't want ppl to find out about the sale? ;)

View PostKoniving, on 23 February 2014 - 12:53 PM, said:

Trouble with them is the significantly slower nature they have in addition to how easy it is for a machine gun or LB-10x build to strip their AC/20 out without even destroying the side torso. It consumes all but 2 slots in that side torso and has 18 health. 2 PPCs alone would destroy it without even having to destroy the side torso. A lucky shot with a single PPC can do it instantly.

idk, maybe it's just me, my ac5 gets destroyed just as fast as my ac20...
I'm currently using 2 ppc, an ac20 and one, happy laser.

Edited by dragnier1, 23 February 2014 - 01:24 PM.

#58 xMintaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 882 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 01:47 PM

View Postdragnier1, on 23 February 2014 - 01:22 PM, said:

idk, maybe it's just me, my ac5 gets destroyed just as fast as my ac20...
I'm currently using 2 ppc, an ac20 and one, happy laser.

Nah, Koniving is definitely right. AC20's are the easiest weapon in the game to crit, which is one of the reasons if a mech has one in a torso slot, that's almost invariably where will get cored first.

I'm using a similar build to you, AC20, 2x PPC, 2x MLas and a STD 300/295. Having great fun, but it's not at all forgiving. It practically forces you into brawling range, and you can't turn quick enough to brawl effectively. This could be something to do with my limited knowledge on battlefield positioning, but even so. If you can keep a mech at 270m from you though, they're going down.

For what it's worth, I regularly lose side torso's with AC5's in before losing a cannon. Whereas with the AC20, I can't recall the last time my torso got blown off with the AC20 still attached. Seriously, a hefty sneeze can knock them out if that location is open. Which is precisely why Guass rifles worry me greatly unless they're in builds designed purely to maximise giggles.

Edit: Gently pushes topic back on the rails >.>

Edited by Lunatech, 23 February 2014 - 01:48 PM.

#59 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 01:54 PM

View PostLunatech, on 23 February 2014 - 01:47 PM, said:

Edit: Gently pushes topic back on the rails >.>

As the "owner" of this topic, I hereby sanction discussion of sale items. ;) Seriously, it helps make better decisions for potential shoppers.

I run my Misery with AC20/2PPC/3ML/STD300(and cool shot 9x9, but the trick is PPCs OR MLs unless it's really important or juicy). Not only is it my best performing mech, it has led me back to my other Stalkers, which has convinced me they're a very underrated chassis. High mounts and the best tanking in the game. Solid platform.

#60 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 23 February 2014 - 02:09 PM

So, mechs we still haven't seen on 50% off...

Death's Knell
Ember
Oxide
Heavy Metal

Am I missing any? Fang was on sale earlier, right?

Edit: Forgot the Grid Iron.

Edited by Bront, 23 February 2014 - 02:30 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users