• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:12 PM

All this teaches me is to never buy full price again.

#62 CSHubert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 408 posts
  • LocationDenmark -Northern Europe

Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:16 PM

I paid full price for my Hunch GI, but my DS, YLW and IM all came at 50 % off. But I dont regret the Hunch GI one sec...Even if it went at 50% off now

Edited by CSHubert, 23 February 2014 - 03:17 PM.

#63 AssaultPig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 907 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:36 PM

I'm just hoping the ember goes up personally; I could snag one with the MC I have left on my account if they were 50% off. They're so new that maybe they won't discount them though.

#64 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:24 PM

View PostCSHubert, on 23 February 2014 - 03:16 PM, said:

I paid full price for my Hunch GI, but my DS, YLW and IM all came at 50 % off. But I dont regret the Hunch GI one sec...Even if it went at 50% off now

If it says anything.. I got the Boar's Head at a 30% discount.
Protector and Dragon Slayer 30% off.
All others full price.
Posted Image
<.< That's "owned" heroes.

One was missing! My Grid Iron!
Found him under champions.
Posted Image
(Founder and Phoenix mechs there. But I fear I won't be able to show off clan mechs.)

I don't regret any of the heroes I bought. Though some of them I do wish I got half off instead.

But since I went that far for shots, I just took screens of the Founders and regular variants for those who missed out and want to see.
Spoiler

And Awesomes because if certain people have their way you'll never see them again.
Spoiler

Edited by Koniving, 23 February 2014 - 06:06 PM.

#65 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:04 PM

Added stuff. Because stuff.

#66 CSHubert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 408 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:59 PM

Koniving could you elaborate on the "Awesome dissapears if some get their way" thing ?!

#67 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:57 PM

View PostCSHubert, on 23 February 2014 - 09:59 PM, said:

Koniving could you elaborate on the "Awesome dissapears if some get their way" thing ?!

It's pretty majorly off topic so spoilered.
Spoiler

#68 dragnier1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:07 AM

View PostLunatech, on 23 February 2014 - 01:47 PM, said:

Nah, Koniving is definitely right. AC20's are the easiest weapon in the game to crit, which is one of the reasons if a mech has one in a torso slot, that's almost invariably where will get cored first.

I'm using a similar build to you, AC20, 2x PPC, 2x MLas and a STD 300/295. Having great fun, but it's not at all forgiving. It practically forces you into brawling range, and you can't turn quick enough to brawl effectively. This could be something to do with my limited knowledge on battlefield positioning, but even so. If you can keep a mech at 270m from you though, they're going down.

For what it's worth, I regularly lose side torso's with AC5's in before losing a cannon. Whereas with the AC20, I can't recall the last time my torso got blown off with the AC20 still attached. Seriously, a hefty sneeze can knock them out if that location is open. Which is precisely why Guass rifles worry me greatly unless they're in builds designed purely to maximise giggles.

Edit: Gently pushes topic back on the rails >.>

Not to forget its limited torso twist too. I played stalkers straight after i cleared my jenners and they felt like old men with stiff backs.
I use my misery a little differently. The ppcs are my main weapons and the ac20 to back me up when opponents get too close. Often i lose the ac before i even get to use 1/3rd of its ammo, due to my terribad skills or situational awareness. Same with my attempts using the ac5 (somehow). The happy laser, i use it if i remember i have it xD

#69 CSHubert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 408 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:57 AM

View PostKoniving, on 23 February 2014 - 10:57 PM, said:

It's pretty majorly off topic so spoilered.
Spoiler

You're rigth its off topic but quite informative none the less. Thanx for the highlight and agree with you about the laser damage is fraged compared to AC (that I alway saw as burst shots when I played it as TT)... Hope that the devs will consider some change

#70 Satan n stuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:01 AM

View PostMycrus, on 23 February 2014 - 03:12 PM, said:

All this teaches me is to never buy full price again.

Wake up sheeple!

#71 Arkadash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 148 posts
  • LocationWhere I'm needed

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:10 AM

Bump for justice ... and 50% savings.

#72 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:21 AM

What's on sale now?

#73 Macksheen

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationNorth Cackalacky

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:26 AM

Will check in a bit - thought it changed in 30 minutes?

#74 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:35 AM

View PostKoniving, on 24 February 2014 - 07:21 AM, said:

What's on sale now?

View PostMacksheen, on 24 February 2014 - 07:26 AM, said:

Will check in a bit - thought it changed in 30 minutes?

1PM ET has been the "switch."

Still Misery, I assume.

#75 Macksheen

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationNorth Cackalacky

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:36 AM

Yep, Misery for another 2h 19m.

#76 CSHubert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 408 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:36 AM

Confirmed : Still Misery... 2 h remaining

#77 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:37 AM

View Postdragnier1, on 24 February 2014 - 12:07 AM, said:

Not to forget its limited torso twist too. I played stalkers straight after i cleared my jenners and they felt like old men with stiff backs.
I use my misery a little differently. The ppcs are my main weapons and the ac20 to back me up when opponents get too close. Often i lose the ac before i even get to use 1/3rd of its ammo, due to my terribad skills or situational awareness. Same with my attempts using the ac5 (somehow). The happy laser, i use it if i remember i have it xD

An AC/20 by itself fires once every 4 seconds and deals 20 damage. If it hits, great! If it doesn't... count 4 seconds before you can fire again. That's 4 seconds of helplessness.

What I do is I combine the AC/5 with the 3 lasers and the missiles. The AC/5 fires once every 1.5 seconds. The SRM 3.25 seconds. The 2 SLs every 3 seconds. The SPL every 2.75 seconds. (Note lasers fire after beamtime + cooldown, not after cooldown).

Altogether, a strike of those weapons is 8 (SRM-4), 5 (AC/5), 6 (the 2 SL) and 3.40 (the SPL) and combined that's 22.4 damage. It isn't pinpoint, but at 90 meters it's really dang close. With only a single SRM launcher, there's no hit detection issues. So when I hit, everything hits.

In the first 4 second period, it's actually 44.8 damage. Versus the AC/20's 40 damage. As we get further along though, my damage gets ahead, as my firing intervals are much shorter. So the longer the fight goes on, the farther behind you will be with the AC/20. And since Miseries can take quite a bit of a beating, endurance isn't an issue with my heat efficient design.

A fight lasting 10 seconds.. The AC/20 alone has done 60 damage. (0, 4, 8).
The 2 SL, SPL, AC/5, SRM-4 combination has done (AC/5 has fired 7 times, SL has fired 4 times, SPL has fired 4 times, SRM-4 has fired 4 times, altogether that's (5 *7) + (3 * 2 [for two SL] * 4) + (3.4*4) + (8*4) = 104.6 damage. While it's not pinpoint, the longer a fight drags on the greater my advantage.

:( There's method to madness!

To add to this... Let's assume there's a total of 4 tons of ammo for each of us.
AC/20 is 14 tons. + 4 tons of ammo (28 shots) = 18 tons.
The weapon combo I have for close range? (2 tons for the SRM-4. 1 ton for the SPL. 1 ton for the 2 SL. 8 tons for the AC/5. 3 tons ammo for the AC/5. 1 ton ammo for the SRM-4.) 16 tons. Leaving me with two more for heatsinks.

I'm assuming you have fewer tons of ammo though. But seriously it's worth a try. Worse comes to worse, make it 17 tons by using 3 ML instead.

Edited by Koniving, 24 February 2014 - 07:44 AM.

#78 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:44 AM

View PostCSHubert, on 24 February 2014 - 07:36 AM, said:

Confirmed : Still Misery... 2 h remaining

It's a little odd: If you're in game when it changes, the old sale vanishes but you have to restart to see the new one.

Edited by Terciel1976, 24 February 2014 - 07:45 AM.

#79 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:49 AM

View PostKoniving, on 24 February 2014 - 07:37 AM, said:

Altogether, a strike of those weapons is 8 (SRM-4), 5 (AC/5), 6 (the 2 SL) and 3.40 (the SPL) and combined that's 22.4 damage. It isn't pinpoint, but at 90 meters it's really dang close.

Dear sir, if you miss at 90m with an AC20, you will miss a whole lot more with multiple different weapons...

#80 Corison

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:51 AM

Why the split SPL & SL? With the point blank of those weapons you have to be sitting on them to be effective Picking up ML's generates a bit more heat but gives you triple the range for similar damage. The sorter duration loses most of it benefit outside of 90.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users