Normal Gravity On Hpg Manifold....really!?

5 replies to this topic

#1 boxbox

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 61 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:47 PM

It sounds like your in space but really!? My jump jets only get me a few feet off the ground? Walking and running also make me feel as if I never left earth. Lets change this. Lets get some variety in our maps. Thanks.

#2 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:03 PM

It has more gravity than Earth> it's 1.1g

The lack of atmosphere has nothing to do with the mass of the planet HPG is on.

#3 boxbox

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 61 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:52 AM

I know atmosphere has noting t d with the mass of a planet that but if your gonna have a space'ish' map at least add some diversity to the game by changing the gravity. All the planets have 'normal' gravity.

#4 Whatzituyah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,236 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn a dark corner waiting to alpha strike his victim.

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:27 AM

View Postboxbox, on 22 February 2014 - 12:52 AM, said:

I know atmosphere has noting t d with the mass of a planet that but if your gonna have a space'ish' map at least add some diversity to the game by changing the gravity. All the planets have 'normal' gravity.

They tried and the spiders flew off the map.

#5 Timuroslav

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 672 posts
  • Location米国のネバダ州のリノで住んでいます。

Posted 22 February 2014 - 03:51 PM

Paul Inoyoue has stated that Low Gravity and Heavy Gravity maps will the last thing they will ever implement BECAUSE Gravity affects Bullet Trajectory, and Leg Health. EVERYTHING

Consider this, if an Atlas fell on a 2Earth-G Planet, all it's armor would be orange and take twice as long to get up. After that the Mech would take double joint damage because of stress, and Projectile weapons would travel half Distance.

Not to mention the Map would be Hotter than Terra Therma because there is more friction in the Atmosphere as well as the wind strength would double.

In Short, Gravity AFFECTS EVERYTHING. That is why in the Oldest of Old Developer posts the Developers stated it was Dead last on the features to develop because It Mucks up the code-ing and is a HUGE TIME SINK.

Yes, I would like a Low Gravity Map, but not at the expense of more regular Maps, and Mechs.

Things Heavy Gravity would Change (an Estimate/ Assuming it's a 'liveable warm planet/ not an Ice Giant')
-Longer Reload Speed
-Increased Joint Stress Damage
-Slower Mech Speed+Rotation etc.
-Slower Bullet Velocity
-Smaller Bullet Range
-Increased Ambient Planet heat
-Increased Wind Speed
-Increased Fall Damage
-Decreased Cooling Effects
-Increased Energy Weapon Heat
-Double Collision Damage
-Slower Acceleration
-Slower Decceleration
-Greater Inertia, Bigger Bullet Knock Back
-Less Effective Jumpjet
-Increased Jump Jet Heat
-Increased Melee Weapon Damage
-Increased Weapon glow (from Denser Atmosphere)
-Decreased Bullet Splatter
-Increased Bullet Splatter damage
-Longer Mech Recovery Time (Recovering from a Fall)
-Decreased Explosion 'Size' (The Damage would be more Concentrated but Gravity would compact the explosion)
-Heavier More Brutal Weather Effects.
-Half Speed
-Slower Pilot response

Honestly, I can see why PGI decided not to touch one of these maps. Intentions and dreams of Heavy and Low Gravity Maps kind of Died on the Drawing board.

Edited by Timuroslav, 23 February 2014 - 05:32 PM.

#6 fandre

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:30 AM

View PostTimuroslav, on 22 February 2014 - 03:51 PM, said:

Paul Inoyoue has stated that Low Gravity and Heavy Gravity maps will the last thing they will ever implement BECAUSE Gravity affects Bullet Trajectory, and Leg Health. EVERYTHING

Oh didn't noticed that MWO had already this complexity based on gravity ...

Come on, as game developer you are not forced to implement all of it. You are free to choose. Make JJ, speed and agility influenced by gravity, or if PGI got crazy bullet trajectory. Hey the could make gravity based windshield colours .. it is a game, a computer game.

(not a multi physics simulation)

Edited by fandre, 24 February 2014 - 11:31 AM.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users